You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222223224225226 252>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 5:38pm
BBC news article ahead of the documentary tonight confirming Kinahan is working as Fury's personal advisor and logistics for setting up the big fight in Saudi.

No doubt this will be brought up in both Irish and British parliaments as it were before before MTK denied any association with him
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 9:55pm
Don't think Barry McGuigan will have a gym left standing not long after tonight... Didn't shy back!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 10:10pm
If Barry paid his fighters instead of stealing from them they probably wouldn’t have left.

Not much investigation, nothing we didn’t already know but at least it’s out there for most to see what is really going on.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 01 Feb 2021 at 10:21pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 10:16pm
Yeah just really retelling everything already known in irish press to UK audience. 
The conclusion that Kinahan is still involved in boxing because he still advises some boxers privately is hardly that big of a scoop. 
A lot of allegations but no proof

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Yeah just really retelling everything already known in irish press to UK audience. 
The conclusion that Kinahan is still involved in boxing because he still advises some boxers privately is hardly that big of a scoop. 

You would hope that it being put onto BBC prime time television like that would encourage the UK press to do their own digging

The more people on the tail of the Kinahan scumbags the better

The walls need to close in 

No surprise they've gone to Dubai, seems they'll accept anything out there, as long as it doesn't threaten the regime in any way

Fair play to Barry McGuigan for appearing on the programme, one of the few decent people in professional boxing
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

You would hope that it being put onto BBC prime time television like that would encourage the UK press to do their own digging

No surprise they've gone to Dubai, seems they'll accept anything out there, as long as it doesn't threaten the regime in any way

Eddie will get alot of media attention after tonight at his next Matchroom event next month, everyone in the UK press knows at this stage it's not Frank Warren or Bob Arum he's dealing with to try set up the super fight.

Am I right saying that no extradition treaty exists between Ireland and UAE so any chances of a conviction is nigh impossible unless they willingly give him up?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 11:38pm

The more people on the tail of the Kinahan scumbags the better

Fair play to Barry McGuigan for appearing on the programme, one of the few decent people in professional boxing

Have you your head in the sand when it comes to McGuigan Sid? 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 3:09pm
Found it funny that in a lot of quarters (social media) the main person getting criticism from last nights Panorama was Barry McGuigan 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Found it funny that in a lot of quarters (social media) the main person getting criticism from last nights Panorama was Barry McGuigan 
The flak aimed at McGuigan online is Trump-esque

Pretty much everything these days has turned into a bizarre culture war

Some people have never forgiven McGuigan for not wrapping himself in the tricolour and attracting cross community support

So much so that even when McGuigan speaks out against a ruthless murderer and criminal who has ruined countless lives, idiots take the side of the murderer

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 3:20pm
A few lads i know who are into boxing didn't really care about the "Barry the Brit" thing, it was before their time, and liked McGuigan when he was managing Frampton but have really turned on him since the court case.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 3:28pm

A few lads i know who are into boxing didn't really care about the "Barry the Brit" thing, it was before their time, and liked McGuigan when he was managing Frampton but have really turned on him since the court case.
I used to like Frampton but have lost respect for him since he threw in his lot with the Kinahans

Similarly with Michael Conlan, he complained about AIBA being corrupt and now he's an actual apologist for a criminal cartel

When was the last time there was a professional boxing fight of note in the Republic of Ireland, must be a long time, and there won't be another one for a longer time, all because of the Kinahans
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 4:34pm
Rigondeaux vs Willie Casey in Citywest back in 2011 was the last one I can remember. Bernard Dunne before.

Twitter, unsurprisingly, has had some absolute numpties responding to the documentary, and that's not to mention the boxers who came out in support of Kinahan. Derry Matthews, Paddy Barnes, Billy Joe Saunders (shock), Tony Bellew and Ben Davison have all shown themselves up today. 

McGuigan is no saint in terms of his dealings as a manager, but fair play to him having the balls to be interviewed and have his say.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 4:36pm

The flak aimed at McGuigan online is Trump-esque

Pretty much everything these days has turned into a bizarre culture war

Some people have never forgiven McGuigan for not wrapping himself in the tricolour and attracting cross community support

So much so that even when McGuigan speaks out against a ruthless murderer and criminal who has ruined countless lives, idiots take the side of the murderer

To be fair, most of the criticism I've seen has come from people who are UK based, sticking up for the likes of Fury and other MTK fighters, while voicing their scepticism about anything Panorama produces based on the ramblings of Yaxley-Lennon.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I haven't heard any stories about wee Barry? What are they?
It would damage this forums' reputation
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I haven't heard any stories about wee Barry? What are they?

He stole from Carl Frampton, who sued the McGuigan family and took them to the cleaners.

Now fair play to Barry for standing up to the scum that are MTK, but the reason he lost so many fighters was because they seen what he had done to Frampton and didn’t want to be apart of it! The show last night lost a bit of credibility for me having McGuigan on.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 02 Feb 2021 at 4:58pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 5:31pm
Is this repeated? or can I watch this else where?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 5:35pm
Dunphy’s podcast covers the topic today. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 5:46pm
I didn’t realise that Darragh is Donal McIntyre’a older brother and Tom McIntyre’s son. 

Edited by Baldrick - 02 Feb 2021 at 5:46pm
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222223224225226 252>
  Share Topic