You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 252>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Fury to be knocked down and win at 5s is the bet ill have for a bit of interest.

Its either a Wilder bomb or a jab fest from Fury.Cant decide and not too pushed who wins tbh.
Hope its a good fight but I doubt it will be, more of the same from the first.

No complaints if it's anything like the first. Plenty of excitement in that. 

Decent fight but didn’t fury win about 8 rounds and somehow it was deemed a draw... 
I know he was knocked down tho.

It’s going to be close.
Wilder won’t be so tame as he was at the start of the fight.
He will be looking for the knock out.

I think a fitter and motivated Fury wins this.

Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 10:46am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

What’s the price on a Fury KO inside 2 which himself has predicted 

33/1 to win in first or second round, you might be able to get 40/1 some places.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 10:52am
1 thing I completely forgot about is the scar tissue from the Otto Wallin fight. 

It’s possibly in the worst place for a Boxer and if it opens early could be looking at a technical stoppage as almost happened vs Wallin.

He’s hired Stitch as his new cutman but the skin’s gonna open up when it’s peeled against leather no matter who you hire
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 11:11am

1 thing I completely forgot about is the scar tissue from the Otto Wallin fight. 

It’s possibly in the worst place for a Boxer and if it opens early could be looking at a technical stoppage as almost happened vs Wallin.

He’s hired Stitch as his new cutman but the skin’s gonna open up when it’s peeled against leather no matter who you hire

Potentially another reason Fury wants to put him away early. 
willGUFC View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 11:25am
Im no expert on boxing but is Fury's career so far all that great? I know he beat Klitschko but that was an absolute snoozefest plus he was pushing on in years. The only other standout fight to me was the first fight against Wilder who looked very tentative early on which should have cost him the fight. Hard to see him keeping away from that big right hand again for 12 rounds
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 11:29am
He's unbeaten and beat the man who'd dominated and made the division boring for the last decade, so you can't say he's had a bad career

He isn't that exciting a fighter though.
If he beats Wilder and Joshua he will go down as one of the greats you'd think
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 11:32am
wilder was tame against Ortiz too, another technically great heavyweight, similar to Fury (although Fury is rather just very awkward to fight against).

I can see it going quite similar to the last time, with the main things to decide it being:
- will wilder land a bomb and put fury out.
- is fury as prepared (not sure with all this WWE stuff and changing teams around etc.)
- How is the cut recovered.

I hope fury can do it but I think wilder will probably get him with one the the bombs
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 11:55am
Originally posted by willGUFC willGUFC wrote:

Im no expert on boxing but is Fury's career so far all that great? I know he beat Klitschko but that was an absolute snoozefest plus he was pushing on in years. The only other standout fight to me was the first fight against Wilder who looked very tentative early on which should have cost him the fight. Hard to see him keeping away from that big right hand again for 12 rounds

What was the difference between the 2? A man of his height will always stay behind the jab, you'd be mad not to.

Tyson Fury is a freak of nature, a man who's almost 7 foot should be slow, stuck in the mud almost and be known for his power but he's actually a speed demon with close to no power at all, he's not exciting at all to the casual audience - His last KO before the handpicked Tom Schwarz, was in 2014 - But his technique is up there with the best of all time.

Edited by coyne - 21 Feb 2020 at 11:55am
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Fury to be knocked down and win at 5s is the bet ill have for a bit of interest.

Its either a Wilder bomb or a jab fest from Fury.Cant decide and not too pushed who wins tbh.
Hope its a good fight but I doubt it will be, more of the same from the first.

No complaints if it's anything like the first. Plenty of excitement in that. 

It had some excitement with the knock downs but overall the standard was poor enough imo.

willGUFC View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 1:39pm

Originally posted by willGUFC willGUFC wrote:

What was the difference between the 2? A man of his height will always stay behind the jab, you'd be mad not to.

Tyson Fury is a freak of nature, a man who's almost 7 foot should be slow, stuck in the mud almost and be known for his power but he's actually a speed demon with close to no power at all, he's not exciting at all to the casual audience - His last KO before the handpicked Tom Schwarz, was in 2014 - But his technique is up there with the best of all time.
oh I know they were both very similar fights I just mean klitschko and Wilder are the only 2 notable opponents he has fought in his career and you could argue he fought a very bad version of Klitschko at the time. I may well be underestimating how awkward a fighter Tyson is though but I still strongly fancy Wilder to put him away this time
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 10:08am
Tyson over 3 stone heavier than the last fight, 19 stone 7.
It's lean muscle rather than fat like Ruiz did but I still don't like it, extra bulk means he's slower when speed is his best quality imo.

Wilder at a career heaviest too.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 12:05pm

Tyson over 3 stone heavier than the last fight, 19 stone 7.
It's lean muscle rather than fat like Ruiz did but I still don't like it, extra bulk means he's slower when speed is his best quality imo.

Wilder at a career heaviest too.

Coyner your Math is a bit off there, he weighed just over 18stone at his last fight.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 22 Feb 2020 at 12:11pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 12:22pm
Ha. I mis-read he was 16st last fight!

I don’t do mornings LOL
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 12:30pm

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

What time is it approximately on?

Around 4am. 

I think you can add another hour/1.30hr to that.6 fights before the main event.

What’s the latest? If I get up at 5am would that be good time to watch the fight? 

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 2:09am
anyone recommend a reliable stream? 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 4:02am
Don't think the extra weight will be beneficial for Fury, actually think it will give Wilder an advantage because Fury should be slower than last time.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 5:13am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

anyone recommend a reliable stream? 

If you have IPTV I found it on TVP polish sports channel.

Or maybe try heagoals on internet 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 5:22am
Wilder still going for the big knock out. 
Fury caught him good there when he missed a big swing at the end of the 2nd.

And Fury knocks him down in the 3rd.
He is on top here.

And another knock down.

Wilder is just about hanging on.

Fury will win this in the next couple of rounds.
Wilder actually looks a sh1te boxer. No plan B.

All over. Fury in control from R2 onwards.

Didn’t knock Wilder down at the end and he he will complain but he only threw 1/2 punches all round. He was out of it. The ref saved him a beat down.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 23 Feb 2020 at 5:42am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 252>
  Share Topic