You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 188189190191192 252>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 2:54pm
Fury on points all day long 
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 9:30pm
Fury for me. Wouldn't Wright him off for the ko but most likely points.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 4:47pm
Wilder with a bizarre racism rant after the last press conference at the weigh in, seemed to be crumbling under the pressure. 

Fury will be on the move a lot and don't think that'll win him a fight in America like it did in Germany against Klitschko.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 4:55pm
Five in the morning is the approximate time I found, is that about right?
Anything worth watching on the undercard? 

Fury is in the best shape he has ever been and he seems to have got really under Wilder's skin. I think he wins.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 7:09pm
Yeah, 5am seems about right. Wouldn't be getting up any earlier for the undercard though. Joe Joyce is on it as is Adonis Stevenson.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 7:13pm
Joyce might be worth watching.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I’d say he would be worth keeping an eye on alright 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 01 Dec 2018 at 7:46pm
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I’d say he would be worth keeping an eye on alright 

I know a lad who was in school with him. He said he’s the thickest person he has ever met. I doubt all the head shots over the years have made him smarter. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 3:45am
Stevenson ko'd in the 11th. Was the longest reigning champion before that, although he had long periods of inactivity. The Ukrainians taking over.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 6:01am
Thought Fury just edged it although ref could have easily ended it in 12. Somehow fury was able to survive but going to points, the work he had done overall should have seen him over the line. 
Judges made a balls of it.

Interesting to see what happens next 

Edited by t_rAndy - 02 Dec 2018 at 6:09am
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 8:48am
How many times does something like this have to happen in boxing before something is changed. How can a judge have Wilder winning that by 115 to 111 by my scoring he only won 4 rounds throughout the fight ( 2 of them been 10-8 rounds),

Fury looked good in the fight massively improved from his last 2 fights and still not sure how he made the 10 count in the last round. Wouldn't be 100% sure Wilder would fancy giving him a rematch as he threw everything he had at fury and still couldn't beat him
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 9:13am
Great performance (the 2 knockdowns aside) from Fury, made Wilder look terrible at times. Had it 7-5 Fury at the end. Don't know how the Mexican judge had Wilder 4 rounds up, but as soon as I heard it was a split decision, I knew Fury wouldn't win.

Amazing to comeback from that knockdown in the 12th, he looked out cold.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 9:54am
Fury was both brilliant and so funny in the ring. The tongue flicking LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 11:05am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Stevenson ko'd in the 11th. Was the longest reigning champion before that, although he had long periods of inactivity. The Ukrainians taking over.

In hospital in critical condition.
JimmyRabbitte View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyRabbitte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 5:20pm
Thought Wilder needed one more 10-8 round to have gotten the draw. Has to be a rematch

How did Fury get up in Round 12?
Lois: Peter, what did you promise me?
Peter: That I wouldn't drink at the stag party.
Lois: And what did you do?
Peter: Drank at the stag pa-- ... Whoa. I almost walked into that one.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 6:29pm
After round 5 BTSport had it 4-1 to Fury, Showtime had it 4-1 to Fury, Mayweather Jr had it 5-0 to Fury, Judge Alejandro Rochin had 4-1 to Wilder.

Pathetic.
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 9:32pm
fury is an inspiring character. has anyone in sport ever spoken about mental health in the public domain as openly as this fella? if the hardest gypsy boxer in the world can open up and not be afraid of the bullsh*t stigma that surrounds it, anyone can. hero performance and classy afterwards. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

fury is an inspiring character. has anyone in sport ever spoken about mental health in the public domain as openly as this fella? if the hardest gypsy boxer in the world can open up and not be afraid of the bullsh*t stigma that surrounds it, anyone can. hero performance and classy afterwards. 
Clap
He has many faults, but it is hard not to like him. I found his honesty and emotion genuinely inspiring. I felt gutted that he was robbed of what he deserved.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 188189190191192 252>
  Share Topic