You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 179180181182183 252>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 8:01pm
What time is the fight due to start tonight ? And don't say about 1.30 outside Borzas..Smile
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 8:13pm
About 10pm. Paul Butler v Rodriguez about to start now.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Go raibh mile...time for another couple of bottles of Tyskie before the pub so..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 9:11pm

Butler completely outclassed in that fight. He missed weight by 3.5lbs but looked the smaller man in there tonight.

I know it was only Joe Joyce's 4th fight, but he looked very slow. Seems to have heavy hands but won't get anywhere near the top level of the HW division if he doesn't improve rapidly.

Edited by The Huntacha - 05 May 2018 at 9:12pm
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Butler completely outclassed in that fight. He missed weight by 3.5lbs but looked the smaller man in there tonight.

I know it was only Joe Joyce's 4th fight, but he looked very slow. Seems to have heavy hands but won't get anywhere near the top level of the HW division if he doesn't improve rapidly.

Hasn't a hope. He's 33 and was worn out fighting a punch bag. If there was anyone in there throwing punches back, he was screwed.

I actually thought Lenroy might come back in to it if he survived another round but it wasn't to be.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 9:42pm
Possibly the most delayed reaction knock down I've ever seen in the last fight.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 9:47pm

Possibly the most delayed reaction knock down I've ever seen in the last fight.

Was thinking the same and from where he caught the punch you'd have to be worried about his health
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 11:03pm
That's Haye finished.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

That's Haye finished.

Haye was finished a long time ago before tonight 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 11:04pm
Good win for Bellew but Haye is a shadow of the fighter he was.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 11:06pm
Not much left for Bellew Either to be fair.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

That's Haye finished.

True.  I think he actually believed he could still do it, not sure if it was just about a payday. He was dragging his body round the ring after 1 round 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 11:09pm
Haye's skills have diminished very badly since his run as HW champion. Absence from the ring and injuries have obviously taken their toll. 

Bellew actually looks quick enough at the weight but shouldn't trouble the other champions, seeing as he doesn't want to fight Joshua. Sticking him in against Povetkin might be entertaining though.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 11:11pm

That's Haye finished.

True.  I think he actually believed he could still do it, not sure if it was just about a payday. He was dragging his body round the ring after 1 round 

In hindsight, his laid back demeanor going in to the fight might have been a case of enjoying being a part of a big show before retirement, especially as it looks like he was injured going into the fight.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 12:40am

That's Haye finished.

In hindsight, his laid back demeanor going in to the fight might have been a case of enjoying being a part of a big show before retirement, especially as it looks like he was injured going into the fight.

Yeah on further reflection I'm not sure.  Boxers are the masters of selling the story to bring in the appetite and money for the fight. Like, what would you do for 4 million quid? I wouldn't really notice it but the commentators were saying how he was positioned all wrong from the very start "maybe he got into a habit when coming back from injury."
It wasnt a fix or anything, i reckon he knew he was half f**ked though but thought could still take bellew.  The fat Scouse fought well in fairness 
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 10:00am

That's Haye finished.

I'd say it was 100% about the pay day.Had serious money problems lately .
Both fighters made a minimum 2.5 million. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 4:03pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 10:25pm
Good article HB.

Bit late notice but that Sean Mannion documentary is on TG4 at the moment.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 179180181182183 252>
  Share Topic