You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 252>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 9:27am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Darren Barker beat Geale to win the world title last night.Really enjoyable fight and Barker was down in the sixth but did well to beat the count and clung on in the round.He fully deserved the win and he took the fight to Geale in the closing rounds.Always thought Macklin should have fought Geale for the title instead of Golovkin but I don't think Geale wanted the fight.

Kiko Martinez also won a world title last night ,the flurry of punches he threw in the 6yh to win it was class.hopefully Frampton gets a shot at him.

Has Frampton not already fought him? KO'd him from what I remember?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 9:36am
frampton tkod martinez convincingly - its just completely typical of boxing that martinez got a title shot after it.

Cleverly is considering retirement
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 9:42am
Thought that alright!

Bad loss for Cleverly considering they were eyeing up Hopkins for his next fight. Good news for Macklin that Barker has a title now, they were talking about a big uk fight between those two after Macklin got beaten by Golovkin, it'll be Macklins best chance for a title.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 9:51am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Thought that alright!

Bad loss for Cleverly considering they were eyeing up Hopkins for his next fight. Good news for Macklin that Barker has a title now, they were talking about a big uk fight between those two after Macklin got beaten by Golovkin, it'll be Macklins best chance for a title.

unfortunately i think Macklin has a long way to go to earn title fights now
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Thought that alright!

unfortunately i think Macklin has a long way to go to earn title fights now
Yeah Macklin isn't going to get a title shot again for a while.Barker won't fight him. Macklin fighting in November in NY.

Frampton beat Kiko fairly handy already so would be hoping he gets a crack at him again.

keitho5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keitho5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 1:39pm
Mayweather v Alvarez on sat night Clap
Garcia v Matthyse on the undercard should be a cracker aswell Clap
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 2:06pm
Canelo Alvarez is a very Irish looking Mexican.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 2:18pm
Read an article a few years back in Ring magazine saying that his full name is Santos Saul Alvarez Barrigan (Berrigan) and that his ancestors were Irish who fought for the mexicans in their war of independence in the 1800's!

I'm more looking forward to Garcia Matthysse, 2 big power punchers, hard one to call, Matthysse has more power but Garcia might be the better boxer.
weelout View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weelout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 2:55pm
Any idea lads what time the fights will be on at?? will i have to go to bed and get up again???
ah sure it wil b grand in d mornin
keitho5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keitho5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 3:03pm
Money wont be on til about 4.30 id imagine
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by keitho5 keitho5 wrote:

Money wont be on til about 4.30 id imagine

4:30 at the very earliest probably be after 5.really looking to the 2 big fights.
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 3:19pm
Just back from the weigh-in for Stephen 'The Block' Reynolds v Declan 'The Terminator' Trainor.
They are fighting for the inaugural Celtic Cruiserweight title tomorrow night in The Devenish Complex Belfast. Tickets still available at £45 and £30.
Channel 5 set to record their evening of boxing too, great evening of Boxing ahead. Thumbs Up
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by keitho5 keitho5 wrote:

Mayweather v Alvarez on sat night Clap
Garcia v Matthyse on the undercard should be a cracker aswell Clap

Garcia v Matthysse is a headliner on any other night of the year. Clap
JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by CSCD CSCD wrote:

Just back from the weigh-in for Stephen 'The Block' Reynolds v Declan 'The Terminator' Trainor.
They are fighting for the inaugural Celtic Cruiserweight title tomorrow night in The Devenish Complex Belfast. Tickets still available at £45 and £30.
Channel 5 set to record their evening of boxing too, great evening of Boxing ahead. Thumbs Up
Oisin Fagan back fighting after a long time out
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 7:07pm
That boxnation doesn't seem bad value. If I am reading it right you can pick and choose the months you want to subscribe to it. So if no big fights on you knock it off for the month and save yourself the 10 monthly subscription.
However, if you are a sky customer you need to pay a one off 10 euro charge
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by CSCD CSCD wrote:

It on in the function room? Watched a few match's on big screen in there before and wouldnt think you'd get many in for a fight unless they have made it bigger, or whereabouts in the complex is it likely to be on? Years since I've been up in there (must be at least 6-7years) 

Was watching the 1st Moneyman v Alvarez build up program on BT, think its called open all access or something, Alvarez goes to a retreat in Big Bear Lake to use Mosely's facilities and cut himself off from family and the world(bar these tv camera's and loads of dvds to watch) while the moneyman throws a champagne party ClapCool

What the programme did show was just how fuking quick Mayweather's hand speed is in training never mind in the actual fights
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

That boxnation doesn't seem bad value. If I am reading it right you can pick and choose the months you want to subscribe to it. So if no big fights on you knock it off for the month and save yourself the 10 monthly subscription.

Its a good channel ,show plenty of fights and I enjoy the Buncey Boxing hour.I get it for free on my boxThumbs Up
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Its a good channel ,show plenty of fights and I enjoy the Buncey Boxing hour.I get it for free on my boxThumbs Up

You got a dodgebox? They still floating?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 252>
  Share Topic