You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 252>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by CSCD CSCD wrote:

Congrats to Belfasts very own James Tennyson on tonight becoming Irelands youngest ever Champion in 65years.
The atmosphere in St Kevens Hall Belfast was immense.
Top top guy too.  ClapClap
Well done to Tony Dunlop and the rest of the team in the Belfast Kronk also.Thumbs Up

My new Documentary 'BABYFACE"

My Documentary following 19 year old Belfast boxer James 'The Baby Faced Assassin' Tennyson as he tries to become the youngest Irish champion in 65 years.

https://vimeo.com/68993484

looking forward to this
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Congrats to Belfasts very own James Tennyson on tonight becoming Irelands youngest ever Champion in 65years.
Well done to Tony Dunlop and the rest of the team in the Belfast Kronk also.Thumbs Up

My Documentary following 19 year old Belfast boxer James 'The Baby Faced Assassin' Tennyson as he tries to become the youngest Irish champion in 65 years.

looking forward to this

I'm feeling the pressure now LOL 
I hope I meet and even exceed your expectations.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 4:18pm
What time is the Macklin fight on Saturday?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 4:19pm
4am Sunday morning
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 4:20pm
from 2 on sky sports, could be any time up to 5 when he enters the ring, extremely difficult fight for Macklin
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 4:40pm
It will be around half 3.the fight is in Conneticut so wouldn't be as late as a Vegas fight.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 4:58pm
Are you going to that fight Rossie? Should be a cracker, cant see Macklin winning though, it a pity because he's good enough to win a title but just don't think he'll beat Golovkin!
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Are you going to that fight Rossie? Should be a cracker, cant see Macklin winning though, it a pity because he's good enough to win a title but just don't think he'll beat Golovkin!

No man, I was supposed to go ,had it all priced and ready to book and something else came up.Have gone to the majority of his fights the last 5 years and was at the other 2 title fights he had but couldnt do this one.

Golovkin has looked really impressive from what I have seen and is supposed to have been an excellent amateur but Golovkin hasn't faced anyone like macklin yet so maybe he wouldn't be able to step it up.
Would love to see Macklin win a title ,he's a sound fella and really has started looking after himself .I met him Paddy's day and he was off the beer a few weeks at that stage and was already doing work for whatever fight he got.Its a pity he's fighting Golovkin ,there was other easier fights to take.
Macklin looks to be in the best shape he's ever been in and be great to see him get a title.8/1 on Betfair.
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 9:09am
Actually I think Macklin has a very good cjance tonight.
Golovnik has never faced anyone of Macklins experience and style before. MAcklin has fought the best in Sturm and Sergio (he put martinez down on 7th) , and gone agonisingly close. Golovnik hasn't plus he rarely goes past 3/4 rounds
As a bet i would go Macklin on split decision @ 28-1
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 10:18am
Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

Actually I think Macklin has a very good cjance tonight.
Golovnik has never faced anyone of Macklins experience and style before. MAcklin has fought the best in Sturm and Sergio (he put martinez down on 7th) , and gone agonisingly close. Golovnik hasn't plus he rarely goes past 3/4 rounds
As a bet i would go Macklin on split decision @ 28-1

more a slip,I wouldnt count it as a put down.
Sturm was the one that got away.thats just over 2 years ago,if he had got that decision he could still be defending that title.G'wan Mack
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 10:35am

The main man Tko'd some Latvian dude last night in the first round Clap

The other dude looked like Jay from The Inbetweeners

Edited by CSCD - 29 Jun 2013 at 10:46am
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 12:19pm
Really looking forward to the fight. Got a small bit of a lie on to help me prepare. I'm also not going to start drinking til about 10:30 to aid me stay up.

Only seen Golovnik on youtube and he looks impressive, but as said he hasn't really beaten anyone notable. But there is a reason why he is favourite.
Really hope Mackin can do it.

Also I see the fight time down as 9:45 on the east coast so that is 02:45 our time. We can expect it to be getting on the way about 3am
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Really looking forward to the fight. Got a small bit of a lie on to help me prepare. I'm also not going to start drinking til about 10:30 to aid me stay up.

Only seen Golovnik on youtube and he looks impressive, but as said he hasn't really beaten anyone notable. But there is a reason why he is favourite.
Really hope Mackin can do it.

Also I see the fight time down as 9:45 on the east coast so that is 02:45 our time. We can expect it to be getting on the way about 3am

Gonna do something similar ,will tip down the local around 11 and watch it there.Would love to be at it but couldn't go.Would love to see mack win it.
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 8:02pm
Lets go Mack the Knife !!!
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 10:55pm
Off to the local for a few pints ,hopefully we have a new world champion in a few hours timeThumbs Up
boywonder View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boywonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 2:44am
need a stream lads???
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 3:32am
I don't think I'll be able to last what happened to 3.00 am start??
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 3:56am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Off to the local for a few pints ,hopefully we have a new world champion in a few hours timeThumbs Up

must be some local if they stay up for this
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 252>
  Share Topic