You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAO YBIG Tradesmen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 23>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 10:14am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Downstairs jacks had a busted flush. Needed a new siphon so i fetched one from a builders providers for a few bob. Decided against taking it any further with DIY so called a plumber who was recommended to me and was told cash job he would probably charge me 80 quid. Met him at the gaff and left him to it. He said 20 min job and i told him to text me how much. 120 he says....

Thoughts? 20 min job, i had the part, ok might have been a poxier job than most but i have just text him querying that amount.

Good times back or wha?
Robbery. I’d have told him to fook off

No money has changed hands yet. I wrote back telling him it sounded a bit steep so why is that much. Radio silence. 
Give him €60 and send him on his way.Cheeky ****.

I replaced a siphon on the jacks 2 weeks ago because I was fed up waiting for the plumber to call.There isn't that much to it.
Can't beat YouTube videos, took me about an hour and half LOL

Edited by rossieman - 25 Jul 2018 at 10:14am
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 10:28am

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Downstairs jacks had a busted flush. Needed a new siphon so i fetched one from a builders providers for a few bob. Decided against taking it any further with DIY so called a plumber who was recommended to me and was told cash job he would probably charge me 80 quid. Met him at the gaff and left him to it. He said 20 min job and i told him to text me how much. 120 he says....

Thoughts? 20 min job, i had the part, ok might have been a poxier job than most but i have just text him querying that amount.

Good times back or wha?
Robbery. I’d have told him to fook off

No money has changed hands yet. I wrote back telling him it sounded a bit steep so why is that much. Radio silence. 
Try get a local lad,who doesn’t have to travel. Babbsy may point you in the right direction...
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 10:29am
Ah ok job is already done👍
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 10:58am
Had a plumber putting in new pipes and a boiler in the house. Knew we were getting the bathroom done as well, but he priced the bathroom separate to the rest of the house.
When he comes to start the bathroom he tells us it will cost €1800 in cash. We are getting a few other things done with the house and he had ripped out the old bathroom so probably thinks we are stuck and have money to burn.

Also, when it was coming to getting paid he wanted the rest of the money before he had even finished and when we asked him for an invoice he got arsey and saying that the situation was getting 'messy'.
Getting all defensive because we asked for an invoice.

Edited by darmack - 25 Jul 2018 at 11:00am
The dark side.. And the light
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 11:13am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Had a plumber putting in new pipes and a boiler in the house. Knew we were getting the bathroom done as well, but he priced the bathroom separate to the rest of the house.
When he comes to start the bathroom he tells us it will cost €1800 in cash. We are getting a few other things done with the house and he had ripped out the old bathroom so probably thinks we are stuck and have money to burn.

Also, when it was coming to getting paid he wanted the rest of the money before he had even finished and when we asked him for an invoice he got arsey and saying that the situation was getting 'messy'.
Getting all defensive because we asked for an invoice.

The chap is a cowboy.  Tell him to get f**ked.  Any lad that wants cash for that amount is a dodgy coont.  You could pay him and you would never see him again and legally you probably have no proof he worked for you with no paperwork etc..

Edited by Trap junior - 25 Jul 2018 at 11:15am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 11:37am
Yeah he started asking where the 'mistrust' has come from. 'I've done everything that I said I'd do' and getting a bit agro over it. I new he was going on holiday so if he got paid I knew it would be a nightmare to get him back.
For weeks he said his lads would be coming to take the oil tank out of the back garden, waiting and waiting. Wasn't until the electrician told us that 'his lads' were pikeys.
Everything did eventually get done and then he got paid.   

Edited by darmack - 25 Jul 2018 at 11:39am
The dark side.. And the light
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 11:51am

Yeah he started asking where the 'mistrust' has come from. 'I've done everything that I said I'd do' and getting a bit agro over it. I new he was going on holiday so if he got paid I knew it would be a nightmare to get him back.
For weeks he said his lads would be coming to take the oil tank out of the back garden, waiting and waiting. Wasn't until the electrician told us that 'his lads' were pikeys.

Did you get this lad by any chance?LOL

Never pay up prior to work don as the fookers will be in no hurry to come back to you if at all. this lad wants cash in hand with no invoices given so no doubt he fiddles the aul tax system as well.

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 11:56am
Plumbers Clap
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 12:07pm
Is tradesmen.ie a dating site? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

For bored, desperate housewives LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 12:13pm
Well if they are bored they need a drilling
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 3:06pm

by giving you an invoice it’s knocked off 13.5% straight away for him because he will have to declare the vat. Also income tax. That’s why he is pissedLOL f**k him though. 

Any self employed tradesmen on here have any hassle chasing money off ****s? Owed 8k off a business owner and getting blatantly lied to every time I get him. Won’t answer the phone or respond to texts. I have to go into his restaurant to get the prick. Time to get the viper??Big smile

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 3:39pm
Have a few mates at different trades and they reckon some people are absolute ****s for trying to avoid paying.

colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Have a few mates at different trades and they reckon some people are absolute ****s for trying to avoid paying.

worst part of the job. The smaller places are way better to pay than the bigger set-ups. Once I get this off him I’m finished with him but I won’t tell him that. Let him call with a breakdown some weekend and tell him to f**k off then. 
I was going to remove equipment that we put in but was told it’s not a good way to approach it. Anyone know where you stand legally there?
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 1:31am
any kitchen fitters on here or if someone knows one that may be interested in a nixer pm me please xx
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Yes. You arrange a date and they don't show up.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 11:31pm
Quick question:

2 bed house, d12 area, no upstairs bathroom

How much would it cost to:

install central heating
rewire
replumb
put in double glazing
put in an upstairs bathroom
put in a new kitchen

Would you see much change from 20k? Not thinking of putting on an extension at the minute but want an idea of prices.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 30 Nov 2018 at 11:31pm
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Quick question:

2 bed house, d12 area, no upstairs bathroom

How much would it cost to:

install central heating
rewire
replumb
put in double glazing
put in an upstairs bathroom
put in a new kitchen

Would you see much change from 20k? Not thinking of putting on an extension at the minute but want an idea of prices.

I’m not a handyman but have spent the last few years doing a gaff up bit by bit and you defo wont be getting change out of €20k based on my experiences. Tradesmen are in demand and charging premium rates at the moment. They are big jobs as well. 
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 23>
  Share Topic