You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alex Pearce

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Skrtel is a walking time bomb. Agger is not much better and Coates has been a shocking waste of money since he arrived. It was tongue in cheek though but the way you're going on they are untouchable. . All 3 are average to below average an it wouldnt take a great CB to displace them.

Disagree with pretty much everything you say there to be honest.

Liverpool had the 3rd best defense last year which is pretty good considering the disastrous league campaign they had. Agger and Skrtel were at the heart of that defense.

Also City the league champions had a number of bids turned down for Agger.

Anyway this thread is about Pearse who I doubt will end up at Liverpool.

Even Villa have a better defensive record this seasonWink Anyway stats can be deceiving. Stephen Ward was part of an Irish defence that conceded 2 goals in 11 matches last year... The point is a half decent CB wouldnt be out of his depth at Liverpool IMO, and who knows Pearce could pall into that category
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 10:18pm
Skrtel and Agger are very good defenders. I think both suffer without the other though. Not sure if sorrel has the ball skills for Rodgers passing game either. But he is very solid. Better last season than this though.

I don't know how much truth is in the Pearce rumour. I haven't seen much of him but you would think he would be a squad player if signed.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 1:14pm

Skrtel is a walking time bomb. Agger is not much better and Coates has been a shocking waste of money since he arrived. It was tongue in cheek though but the way you're going on they are untouchable. . All 3 are average to below average an it wouldnt take a great CB to displace them.

Liverpool had the 3rd best defense last year which is pretty good considering the disastrous league campaign they had. Agger and Skrtel were at the heart of that defense.

The irony is a lasd you don't rate at all (Shane long ) made mince meat out of them on the opening day. Agger is possibly the most over-rated centre half around
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 2:11pm
In fairness Citizen i don't think anyone on here doesn't rate Long?  If that's what your getting at.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 2:40pm
Agree Agger is seriously overrated. He gets found out all the time and when he comes up against pace and power he especially gets torn to pieces.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

The irony is a lasd you don't rate at all (Shane long ) made mince meat out of them on the opening day. Agger is possibly the most over-rated centre half around

Wrong again.

I have said a number of times that Long is our number one striker.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 8:07pm
so he isnt in the top 3 reading centre backs, but, according to some on here, would be one of liverpool top 3 centre backs, laughable logic LOL
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

so he isnt in the top 3 reading centre backs, but, according to some on here, would be one of liverpool top 3 centre backs, laughable logic LOL

Nobody said that.

But it appears its more than footballing reasons keeping him out of the side. 
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 8:55pm
He is in dispute with Reading about his contract....he will leave in Jan.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 5:18pm

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Wrong again.

I have said a number of times that Long is our number one striker.

Only in the last while you have.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 9:10pm
On a positive note Pearce has been playing from the start tonight, due to Morrisson being ruled out.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 10:15am
Needs a move imo, Think its gone a bit sour for him at reading.
connordonegal View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connordonegal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 5:21pm
called up to squad to replace darren o'dea
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 6:42pm
He is better than O'Dea and should've been in the squad in the first place.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 8:03pm
Liked the look of him at the traing session in Wimbledon that time
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 2:18am
Glad to hear he's been called up, hope he gets a run Thumbs Up

fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Glad to hear he's been called up, hope he gets a run Thumbs Up

+1
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 6:16pm
Sorry, that didn't paste well:

READING REBEL ALEX PEARCE CLOSING IN ON LIVERPOOL SWITCH

ABOVE: Alex Pearce could be playing in red in the summer West Brom and Norwich are also keen but the Republic of Ireland defender would jump at the chance of a move to Anfield.

1st March 2013 By Jon West

READING defender Alex Pearce is closing in on a switch to Liverpool.

Pearce, 24, is out of contract in the summer and played under Anfield boss Brendan Rodgers in 2009.

The Kop chief needs to replace retirement-bound Jamie Carragher, and Pearce would not cost a penny.

West Brom and Norwich are also keen but the Republic of Ireland defender would jump at the chance of a move to Anfield.

Royals manager Brian McDermott knows the chances of keeping him are slim.

McDermott, who dropped Pearce after a poor display in the 2-1 defeat at Stoke on February 9, said: “We will see where he will be in the summer. At this moment in time nothing looks to be signed.”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic