You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Steve Coogan/ Alan Partridge Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 9:59pm
Brilliant LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Brilliant LOL

The hand washing thing was classic
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 10:03pm
Superb! I was worried that it would be dated, but that was brilliant. Hopefully Piers Morgan doesn't sue for plagiary!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Brilliant LOL

The hand washing thing was classic

Classic Partridge Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 9:24pm
Got off to a slow start but good opening episode in the end

That co host Heart
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 10:53pm
That was the first new TV episode for 17 years. Shocked
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 6:35am
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

That was the first new TV episode for 17 years. Shocked

On the BBC yes he had a Sky Atlantic show  in 2016
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 11:55am
Alan Partridge-esque from Derek Thompson LOL

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 11:59am
The Crown Hotel.  Water way to have a weekend. Cheers!
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 3:46pm
Missed it last week, but won't be making that mistake tonight
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 4:21pm
The bit where the hacker is reading out his emails and google searches in front of his female co-presenter. The face on him was hilarious when he says he friend requested her on facebook LOLLOLLOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 5:47pm

Alan Partridge-esque from Derek Thompson LOL

Deliberately so too! Very clever!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 10:21pm
The fight scene and the final scene tonight were brilliant, especially the shuttlecock. Parts missed but it was definitely more hit (the after eight, the lad falling off the stage, the bit with Lynn) than miss (the bit with the chimps). Definitely an improvement on last week's show.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

The fight scene and the final scene tonight were brilliant, especially the shuttlecock. Parts missed but it was definitely more hit (the after eight, the lad falling off the stage, the bit with Lynn) than miss (the bit with the chimps). Definitely an improvement on last week's show.
I thought the opposite! It dipped a little bit this week. It felt a little forced and predictable. Still decent though.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 10:37pm
The lad with the beard is poor and tends to drag down any scene he's in.Thankfully, he's not in it much. The bit with the chimps didn't work at all,I think  because he's such a talent with voices the idea of him then deliberately doing bad ones was too convoluted. I agree with PM,last weeks was better.

Edited by TonyNotJack - 04 Mar 2019 at 10:38pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I thought the opposite! It dipped a little bit this week. It felt a little forced and predictable. Still decent though.

A bit - the bit before with the son of the head of factual programming was generally tedious.

However, there was plenty of gold in it - the lad from Sunderland was superb.

Plus it ended on such a good high.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 04 Mar 2019 at 10:43pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 11:21pm
I missed last weeks 1st episode but i was very disappointed by alans latest venture. Was poor i thought. The only really funny bit was when he was talking to lynn and the bit at the very end. I expected it to be funnier like the old days i suppose. Hes still class though.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 11:21am
Haven't seen last night's episode yet so I can't comment on it, but I think the chat show host type of thing for Partridge has been played out.
The best ever thing he's done was I'm Alan Partridge when he was in the travel tavern IMO.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic