You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Piers Morgan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 10:57am
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I said its unlikely to happen.   There is a difference between saying something is never going to happen and saying something is unlikely to happen.  What you said - (its not going to happen as they control the board) How is that saying it's unlikely to happen?! That's saying it's not going to happen.

I think its unlikely to happen that the FIFA Executive will end the special position that the UK countries hold within FIFA but its not impossible and I would not dare suggest it will never happen especially with the relationship between the FA and the rest of FIFA. 
See my point above, you quite clearly did say it's not going to happen so you are contradicting yourself!

I have not dismissed any comments, I have my opinion and you have yours. You are totally entitled to take up your opinion and I would fight for the right for you to make your opinion freely.  

I tend not to agree with some of it, but thats hardly revolutionary on an forum for a difference of opinion. This is the part where you're coming across as condescending. I have the brain cells to understand it's a forum and people have different opinions, you have intelligent people like yourself and thicks like Ger, I'm not debating that point. I am debating that you told me it's silly to say it's not going to happen when you yourself said it earlier and you are now, quite remarkably, denying you said it when I've pointed it out twice to you.

On the indpendence thing, I am speed typing so its just a typo,  sorry about that.  I will make sure and will do my best not to make that mistake again.   But I cannot guarantee it.  
If was only a question to lighten the mood!

I have since learned that my original point is incorrect and they may control the board but they do not control the executive. 

So I agree that is a  contradiction, and I withdraw my original comments than it is not going to happen because they control the board as I was wrong there. 

I should not have made that point about the board and it not going to happen, it was a throwaway comment that I did give due diligence to. 

Any time I have met Gerk he comes across as a smart guy.    I would not rate myself at all in the intelligence field and feel that I need further work on this area as my above misake proves. 

Edited by Baldrick - 10 Aug 2012 at 10:58am
AKA pedantic kunt
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 11:00am
Was that so hard?!
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 11:01am
This debate is bullsh*t. It's up to each individual athlete how they react, it's nothing to do with nationality. Where is the evidence that Chris Hoy didn't sing GSTQ because he's Scottish? From where I was watching he didn't sing because he was too overcome with emotion. Bradey Wiggens didn't sing it, is that because he's an English nationalist?

Piers Morgans is an utter ****, and a supreme WUM, and most of all a massive self publicist. If he wanted to make a donation to Great Ormond St he could have done so without drawing attention to himself. Who the f**k is he to decide how someone who has dedicated years of their life to winning gold should react when they finally win?

Katie Taylor didn't sing, does that make her less Irish?

Anyway if you were to follow protocol then not singing is the correct reaction.

Morgan should be in prison not spouting sh*t on Twitter or CNN.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 11:03am

Not at all, I had forgotton I had I posted that silly comment about the board and it not going to happen. 

I don't believe in making definitive statements about the future and that was a stupid one on my part.  My view is that its unlikely to happen and it would be silly and stupid by anyone and I include myself in this to same it would never happen. 
AKA pedantic kunt
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 11:04am
baldrick Thumbs Up
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 11:10am
Good man BaldrickHug

Now, back to topic, Morgan uses twitter to his advantage. My problem with twitter is people who follow people just to abuse them, don't follow them if you think that person is a ****. Never get that mindset with some people.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 11:11am
i refuse to follow morgan as i cannot stand him , i also ask people not to retweet his rubbish as well,
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 11:58am
Paddy barnes LOL

Says to morgan on twitter keep your 1k for a face lift Clap
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 12:26pm
morgan replies: Shall we split it? Looks like we could both do with one

LOL
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 12:29pm
hes worthless scum and a

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

morgan replies: Shall we split it? Looks like we could both do with one

LOL

dont like morgan but that was a good comeback on davy keogh
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 1:23pm

Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Originally posted by MaradonaSeven MaradonaSeven wrote:

Don't compete and stand by your principals. 

Many an athlete has boycotted things due to their principals. 

As I said people can't have it both ways.

They can't be Scottish or Welsh nationalists but still take the money as part of the UK or Team GB or whatever they want to call it. 

Hoy gets the benefit of the Manchester set up. If he was Scottish competing for Scotland he may not get such infrastructure.

What, like roads and bridges and the likes??

Eh the Manchester Velodrome is a perfect example of such infrastrucuture. 

Its double standards lads.  

You can sleight the idea of Britishness and then benefit from it. 

I have had good chats with lads who are in the SNP about this and they all agree.  If you do not believe in the idea of Britishness then vote with your feet, its the only way to bring about the independence of Scotland. 

Having feet in both camps is a cop out.
But they pay for Manchester. The money comes from the UK wide  lottery fund and from government funding via taxes. Therefore the Scots/Welsh/NI have every right to do so. If they were nationalist they would probably believe they have more than a right to claim back what their fellow countrymen have paid for

They do have every right to use it as it is, but if they were an independent country like Ireland, they would nnot have such a facility because the economy of scale allows them access to greater facilities under the UK than they would have under and Indpendent Scotland.  This is my whole point They are having their cake and eating it.  You cannot be a Scottish nationalist and refuse the idea of Britishness but take advantage of the economy of scale benefits that come from being part of a greater population mass without being accused of double standards.  That is the crucial point to the whole thing. 

Scottish athletes have greater access to better facilities than Irish athletes do because they are part of this bigger enttiy. 
So they should make their tax money null and void, let Whitehall take and distribute it and not use itLOL
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 1:42pm
So are you saying it would fine for for an Irish Republican to compete for Team GB

It's a fun game putting words in peoples mouth
AKA pedantic kunt
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 1:46pm

So are you saying it would fine for for an Irish Republican to compete for Team GB

It's a fun game putting words in peoples mouth
They have a choice
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 9:43pm
Comes across as a creepy aul **** in his life stories programme. 
Anytime I've seen him interviewing a woman it isn't long until the topic turns to sex
Have it on in the background here he's interviewing Gemma Collins ffs and has been talking about the possibility that she might have made a sex tape before for the last 10 minutes

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 2:27pm
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 2:28pm
The state of this ****
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 2:30pm
An awful ****

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic