Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

West Ham

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 87>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Pellegrini is too old, games moved on from him unfortuantely. Not many top class managers north of 60. 

I'm disgusted with Moyes but realstiacallly there weren't many other candidates. Houghton got sacked at his last job for nearly relegating Brighton, Howe has no track record at a big or even medium sized club. 

Benitez would have been my choice.

Moyes is not exactly one of the old guard of “Merry go round men” who seem to be out be in and out of all the non top six jobs in England.
He's on megabucks in China tho, doubt he was attainable

Benitez though seems to be the type that would come back to the Premier League even if he was going to be on a lot less money. Couldn't see him coming back unless he was going to manage Arsenal or another top club rather than West Ham tbh. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Benitez though seems to be the type that would come back to the Premier League even if he was going to be on a lot less money. Couldn't see him coming back unless he was going to manage Arsenal or another top club rather than West Ham tbh. 

Otoh, if he wasn't motivated by money (to some extent, at least) then he surely wouldn't have gone to China in the first place?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 10:37pm
Do think Rafa is overrated mind, says alot when Steve Bruce has more points than him at this stage
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Do think Rafa is overrated mind, says alot when Steve Bruce has more points than him at this stage

Steve Bruce got Joelinton and Saint Maximim for the best part of £50m and a couple of Swedish and Dutch international defenders, Andy Carroll (decent back up for 20/30mins) which truth be told has left them with a far better squad than what Rafa had to work with last season imo.

Now I know Joelinton hasn't set the world alight scoring but no one can deny that the purse strings haven't been loosened.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Steve Bruce got Joelinton and Saint Maximim for the best part of £50m and a couple of Swedish and Dutch international defenders, Andy Carroll (decent back up for 20/30mins) which truth be told has left them with a far better squad than what Rafa had to work with last season imo.

Now I know Joelinton hasn't set the world alight scoring but no one can deny that the purse strings haven't been loosened.

Joelinton has been gash, so has the lad who came from the MLS

Their star player has actually been Carroll nearly an assist per game since he came back into fitness.

Their tactics of lumping it to the big man who then nods it down for the small man to finish it is very 90’s football the likes of Niall Quinn and Duncan Ferguson would be proud of and strangely enough it’s actually working out for them

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 11:51pm
Really? I can’t recall many Carroll assists nor have I seen him do much of note this season 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 12:33am
Carroll has 3 assists along with Atsu and Almiron.

Saint Maximim has been by far and away their best player also, guilty of missing some really good chances but in terms of taking the game to the opposition and causing mayhem he's been really good.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 9:03am
North of 60  f off.   Its years and age not bloody a compass.  Deserves a banning 
AKA pedantic kunt
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 9:44am

Pellegrini is too old, games moved on from him unfortuantely. Not many top class managers north of 60. 

I'm disgusted with Moyes but realstiacallly there weren't many other candidates. Houghton got sacked at his last job for nearly relegating Brighton, Howe has no track record at a big or even medium sized club. 

Moyes is not exactly one of the old guard of “Merry go round men” who seem to be out be in and out of all the non top six jobs in England.

Benitez always seems open to possibility. Although unfortunately it’s moot now, considering the contact with Moyes is signed and sealed.

I do like Moyes, but I’m just not a fan of this situation at this time.

Edited by Het-field - 31 Dec 2019 at 9:45am
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Really? I can’t recall many Carroll assists nor have I seen him do much of note this season 
3 assists in 12 games (he has only played for 496 mins in the 12 matches). 2 of the assists contributed to 2 Newcastle victories so I guess you could say at the halfway point of the season he has contributed 6 points. As I said at the start of the season if his goals/assists contributed 10-12 points to Newcastle's total he'll have justified his signing. So far he's on target to reach that particular goal.

Edited by colemanY2K - 31 Dec 2019 at 10:08am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 10:11am
I've only watched them live a few times and he didn't play in either game. Saw his assist against Everton at the weekend but that's the only one I could remember.

Saint Maximin i'd have thought has been their best player this season

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 10:20am
Bruce initially used him sparingly until he reached match fitness but of course with Carroll there is always a set back and sure enough he picked up an injury around November time. His back now and has played 90 mins in 3 out of the past 4 matches. IF he stays fit they'll stay up. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 31 Dec 2019 at 10:21am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 10:21am
They'll stay up either way i'd say. Have exceeded expectations and there are three worse teams than them in the league at the minute

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 10:25am

Were West Ham going to pay the  £18 Million to get him out of his contract with Dalian? Were they f**k! 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 10:48am
There was an interesting article in the Daily Mail (normal caveat arising) about the progress made by WH under Gold, Sullivan and Brady, and how in real terms very little has changed over the decade. To me, any progress has always been back up with some sort of ham fisted attempt at development, on the cheap, or with minimal outlay. The general failings to capitalise on good positions is one of their legacies for the decade, and there is only so far the good will relates to taking the club on, when it was a financial basket case, will take you. pelligrini not making it a success is almost no surprise considering the decade.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 12:07pm
"ham fisted" I see what you did there
 Big smile
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 1:44pm
I'd rather be fisted with a ham then have Moyes as the manager. That's if I supported West Ham obviously
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

North of 60  f off.   Its years and age not bloody a compass.  Deserves a banning 
Sorry baldy, here's the comment in English tongue taht you would have grown up with.....

Pellegrini is too fusty, the game of football hath moved on from that gent unf'rtuantely.  Not many most wondrous manag'rs fusty'r than 60
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 87>
  Share Topic