Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

West Ham

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 87>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 6:33pm
Really hope WHU go down
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

I think after the amers comfortable win over the Saints yesterday and Stoke losing at Arsenal today WHU will be staying up.

The Baggies Southampton and Stoke to go down.

I think there may be more twists and turns, but Soton and WBA look buried. I think there is one place left. It’s between WHU, Palace and Swansea for that.
I'd be amazed if Stoke get out of it particularly if WHU beat them and they have also got to play Spurs and Liverpool.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Really hope WHU go down

Staying up has far more to do with the quality in the lower ends of the division rather than any achievement in itself. WH have been rank all year, and the aptmosphere around the club has been toxic.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 6:56pm
When was the last time all 3 promoted clubs stayed up
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

When was the last time all 3 promoted clubs stayed up

I think the year Fulham came up?
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 7:42pm
I find it odd how often Huddersfield are left out of relegation talk. Do they have favourable remaining fixtures?
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

I find it odd how often Huddersfield are left out of relegation talk. Do they have favourable remaining fixtures?

Got a tough run in tbh have the following left to play

Brighton (a)
Watford (h)
Chelsea (a)
Everton (h)
Man city (a)
Arsenal (h)
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Got a tough run in tbh have the following left to play

Brighton (a)
Watford (h)
Chelsea (a)
Everton (h)
Man city (a)
Arsenal (h)

I could see them getting maybe 6 points from those games, they'll have a serious job to stay up. I think it'll be them that go down with Stoke and WBA
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 8:18am
Why some West Ham fans were outraged at Liverpool supporters' attack on the Man City team bus 

What short memories some fans have re Man U team bus attack outside the Boleyn ground.
Embarrassed

Edited by Double Maxim - 07 Apr 2018 at 8:22am
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 10:35am

Why some West Ham fans were outraged at Liverpool supporters' attack on the Man City team bus 

What short memories some fans have re Man U team bus attack outside the Boleyn ground.
Embarrassed
Do you even read these articles DM? The whole point of the article is that West Ham fans were comparing it to their incident. When it was WH, it's scumbags, when it's Liverpool, it's passion
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 10:51am

Fair enough my point is BOTH Liverpool  and West Ham fans were out of order with their attacks on the team buses.

That said I've met some quality WHU and Pool fans over the years so its wrong to generalise.

Going back to the Man U team bus incident would you say there were certain elements that took part that day that weren't your 'typical' West Ham supporters?

Edited by Double Maxim - 07 Apr 2018 at 10:52am
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 11:11am

Fair enough my point is BOTH Liverpool  and West Ham fans were out of order with their attacks on the team buses.

That said I've met some quality WHU and Pool fans over the years so its wrong to generalise.

Going back to the Man U team bus incident would you say there were certain elements that took part that day that weren't your 'typical' West Ham supporters?

Sorry to jump in like this. I don't think "typical" but they probably would identify as WHU fans. A lot of fans are relatively loose supporters or have to resort to the barstool to watch their football. I was at the BG for most games that year, and as it got towards the end more and more fans without tickets were showing up, which muddied the waters a bit.

I don't think they would be "typical" in that like most clubs the fans show up to the game, enjoy it, or don't enjoy it before going to the pub or going home. They are the exceptional yobbos that every club in the UK has, who see football as having a rough edge to it. The same type of fans would always be there for the 3rd Round of the FA Cup when the tickets are cheap and available, and those games are never fun to attend.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 11:41am

Sorry to jump in like this. I don't think "typical" but they probably would identify as WHU fans. A lot of fans are relatively loose supporters or have to resort to the barstool to watch their football. I was at the BG for most games that year, and as it got towards the end more and more fans without tickets were showing up, which muddied the waters a bit.

I don't think they would be "typical" in that like most clubs the fans show up to the game, enjoy it, or don't enjoy it before going to the pub or going home. They are the exceptional yobbos that every club in the UK has, who see football as having a rough edge to it. The same type of fans would always be there for the 3rd Round of the FA Cup when the tickets are cheap and available, and those games are never fun to attend.

I remember seeing Sunderland about six/seven times at Upton Park back in the day and we would drink with WHU supporters pre and post match with no hint of trouble.

My mate who is a die hard Hammer said that given that the London stadium is such a huge ground it lent itself to people who in some cases wouldn't attend the old ground and consquently the risk of trouble increased.

Would you agree bud?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 1:56pm

It is very difficult to meet a West Ham fan from the greater London area who isn't a complete ****. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 3:20pm
Yeah its hard to know what a "typical" West Ham fan is these days. Most of the rougher east-end brigade would be West Ham fans, but the London Stadium crowd is a lot more polite than that. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 6:42pm

I can't see WHU going down now after their result today.

Edited by Double Maxim - 16 Apr 2018 at 7:33pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 7:32pm
Declan Rice is in the West Ham team that plays Stoke city tonight.
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Yeah its hard to know what a "typical" West Ham fan is these days. Most of the rougher east-end brigade would be West Ham fans, but the London Stadium crowd is a lot more polite than that. 

No more ICF?Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 87>
  Share Topic