You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

West Ham

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 88>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

It hasn't surprised me that WH have struggled to implement the likes of Paqueta into the team. Its not the first time a top name has been signed, for big money, and been out of place at West Ham. It started with Alou Diarra in 2012, and we have seen the likes of Antonio Nocherino, Alex Song, Andre Ayew, Javier Hernandez, Anderson, Haller roll in an out of the club without making the mark they ought to have.
You can add Scamacca to that crime sheet - £30m+ for 6'5" of pure dung.

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

But, Moyes continues to revert back to the likes of Bowen, Antonio, Cresswell, Ogbonna, and Soucek who are either running on empty or ageing out. He's had a lot of success with these players (some of the are exceptionally over-worked), but its now run its course, and people have figured out the game-plan.
Dawson's another who can still be ok on his day, at least when playing on the front foot against an old-style No.9 etc. And you overlook Rice, who has been truly excellent in each of the the three games I've seen him live this season - not easy in an otherwise crap team. By contrast, Antonio is a big, fat shadow* of the player he looked 2 or 3 years back

But yes, you're right, Moyes is over-reliant on this core group, made worse by having to squeeze in 8 Europa Conference games into the season already. I guess it shows what he thinks of the rest of his squad.

* -  Can a shadow be said to be "fat"?
Sponsored Links

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 12:39pm
Rafa is waiting in the wings to save the day.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2023 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

You can add Scamacca to that crime sheet - £30m+ for 6'5" of pure dung.

Dawson's another who can still be ok on his day, at least when playing on the front foot against an old-style No.9 etc. And you overlook Rice, who has been truly excellent in each of the the three games I've seen him live this season - not easy in an otherwise crap team. By contrast, Antonio is a big, fat shadow* of the player he looked 2 or 3 years back

But yes, you're right, Moyes is over-reliant on this core group, made worse by having to squeeze in 8 Europa Conference games into the season already. I guess it shows what he thinks of the rest of his squad.

* -  Can a shadow be said to be "fat"?

Rice goes without saying really. Leaving his folly with the national team aside, he is a top professional who in the past five years has played almost 300 games for club and countries. He is rarely if ever injured, and as a CDM his capacity to control a game can be mesmeric. In a team of better players, the sky is the limit for what he can achieve.

You still see sparks of what Antonio was. His set-up for Bowen's second against Everton was a prime example. But he is now moving towards 34 and given his build, and injury record, a decline was always likely to happen. I will say that he looked finished in 2017/2018 and has had a positive resurrection. The difficulty is that he will slow with age, and that blunts his strongest characteristics.

In truth, it is the likes of Soucek, and Fornals that have been the biggest issue, as they remain of an age where they should still be outstanding players. Soucek in particular looks to have been sussed by other teams, and as a result he is nowhere near as effective as he was when he joined. Coufal is gradually joining the list of right-backs at WHU that have started well, only to tail off.

Moyes has also struggled to bring new players into the side, and evolve the team. Part of me would have preferred had he been able to pull off the signings of Tarkowski, Lingard rather than the plethora of international signings. Moyes has never been great when massive change of players is needed. He performs well with the likes of Craig Dawson, as opposed to great names, on paper.  
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 10:04am
Big result at the weekend, hopefully can push on from that now.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2023 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Big result at the weekend, hopefully can push on from that now.

Type of result that might knock Forest back a bit. It was a total collapse.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2023 at 7:42pm

I can't see the amers getting anything tonight.

Obviously hope I'm wrong.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2023 at 9:23pm

How right I was.

That third goal was embarrassing.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 10:39pm
West Ham are massive!!!

What a result! Now hopefully seal the deal in the final! 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 11:20pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 9:05am
Yeah great result last night, very disciplined, didn't give away many chances, and Manu's goal at the end was a lovely way to seal it.

I've never seen WH lift a trophy in my 40 years so would love to see it, Fiorentina in the final will be a good game.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Yeah great result last night, very disciplined, didn't give away many chances, and Manu's goal at the end was a lovely way to seal it.

I've never seen WH lift a trophy in my 40 years so would love to see it, Fiorentina in the final will be a good game.

In many ways, to beat Fiorentina would be good, as it would be beating a bigger name on the way to the title. But WH have stuck to their task throughout. So unlucky last year, but here is a chance to win a trophy,, and secure European football for a third season in a row. I think this also settles Moyes' position for next season.

Edited by Het-field - 19 May 2023 at 9:38am
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 9:55am
The EL and EC finals are far more interesting match ups than the Champions League this season. My money is on the West Ham final being the most entertaining. 

Jose may spoil the EL final, but that's a hard one to call as well.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

The EL and EC finals are far more interesting match ups than the Champions League this season. My money is on the West Ham final being the most entertaining. 

Man City must be keeping you awake at night.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 10:21am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Man City are by far the best team in the world. I've pretty much said from the beginning of the season they would win the lot.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 10:22am

LOL

Yawn. 

No-one cares about City you know
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

LOL

Yawn. 

??
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 10:25am
I wonder what genius was in charge of the ticket allocation for the final? 5000 tickets each, i reckon West Ham will bring 30000 over to Prague and Fiorentina's fans will probably travel in numbers as its their first final in years.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 10:28am

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

LOL

Yawn. 

??

Are you confused that you're totally obsessed with City?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 88>
  Share Topic