You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bundesliga II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 45>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bundesliga II
    Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 5:15pm
St P II,

Well off we go again this weekend. Your boys are up Friday night at Aue while we start at home Saturday with a Bavarian derby against new boys Regensberg.  28K ticket sales already.

We have brought in 2 "internationals" from the Euros - Makos (Greece) and Wojtkowiak (Poland) as well as a lad from Hannover 96. However strike force looks desperate without Kevin Volland unless the Argentinian turns out to be something special. Defence and midfield look solid 2nd divison material. So predict another season like last - mid table or above, possibly threatening but not delivering better.

and Pauli ?

BinM
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 5:19pm
FSV Frankfurt's time to shine I'm afraid.
St.Pauli Reloaded 2 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St.Pauli Reloaded 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

St P II,

Well off we go again this weekend. Your boys are up Friday night at Aue while we start at home Saturday with a Bavarian derby against new boys Regensberg.  28K ticket sales already.

We have brought in 2 "internationals" from the Euros - Makos (Greece) and Wojtkowiak (Poland) as well as a lad from Hannover 96. However strike force looks desperate without Kevin Volland unless the Argentinian turns out to be something special. Defence and midfield look solid 2nd divison material. So predict another season like last - mid table or above, possibly threatening but not delivering better.

and Pauli ?

BinM
It will probably be the usual against the Ossis no points LOL but hope im wrong !weve signed Florian Kringe (Dortmund ) Max Kruse left for Freiburg ,Morena in Sandhausen ,basically have most of the Team from last season so we should be in it at the shake up Clap New stand is coming along nicely ,will be interesting to see how the relegated teams get on Köln - Hertha -Lautern , will try and make it to your ground but not when the others are there ClapClap
In Martin and Roy we Trust !
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 8:26pm
Kaiserslautern to go straight back up.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 12:43am

St P II,

and Pauli ?

BinM

Never knew you were an 1860 Munich fan Thumbs Up

I was at two 1860 games back in the early 00s in the Olympic Stadium , super fans never stopped chanting or singing for the whole 90mins Clap
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
St.Pauli View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St.Pauli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 9:55am
Originally posted by St.Pauli Reloaded 2 St.Pauli Reloaded 2 wrote:

It will probably be the usual against the Ossis no points LOL

See that coming, too Wink

But you'll never know, hope we got off to a winning Start and hopefully we'll have some more rounds in the DFB-Pokal this year........

Come on you boys in brown!

Edited by St.Pauli - 01 Aug 2012 at 9:56am
Lend me ten pounds and I'll buy you a drink
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 11:04am
GD

We have fallen a long way since the glory (??) days in the old Olympic Stadium. Long time now in the 2nd division and the ongoing financial shortcomings in the club (ok we have Aston Martin as the shirt sponsor) - despite outside investment - means we will stay there for a while.

Standing Season ticket is 192€ for me, 144€ for daughter i.e students, pensioners etc and 70€ for my teenager son

BinM
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 11:17am
UND NIEMALS VERGESSEN EISERN UNION
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 12:31pm

GD

We have fallen a long way since the glory (??) days in the old Olympic Stadium. Long time now in the 2nd division and the ongoing financial shortcomings in the club (ok we have Aston Martin as the shirt sponsor) - despite outside investment - means we will stay there for a while.

Standing Season ticket is 192€ for me, 144€ for daughter i.e students, pensioners etc and 70€ for my teenager son

BinM

It was back in 2001 , i was only 12 but i'll never forget it! I was on holidays and we found out they were playing Newcastle in the Intertoto Cup and i think it was Kasierslautern in the first game of the new league season it was brilliant Clap

1860 will be back Thumbs Up
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 12:37pm
GD

Lautern & 60 are "partner" clubs , so they share flags etc as well a hatred for Bayern. Have been to a good few Lautern games in Munich and Augsburg.

One game in the Olympic Stadium, back when Klose still played for them, their own fans pelted them with snow balls after the game (for lack of effort).

BinM
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 12:41pm
Scottyccfc
Monday night's televised game is Lautern vs. Union.
BinM
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 12:45pm
kickers offenbach anchored to the bottom of the 3. liga after 2 defeats , its a long way from the glorys days of fighting of relegation every year in the second  ! LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 12:48pm
here is an old post from me bundesliga 2 days... kloppo was the manager at mainz then

Sunday morning was my first away trip this year , a short hop on the motorway over to mainz for the rhein-main derby. The kickers home games are great but as we all know its the away trips that really make a football day out. The Germans love their football and at the games you will see old women and young kids , waiting for the bus there were about 100 peopel and crates of beer , at 1 euro a pop i had sunk two before the bus arrived at 11.30 ! another three went the way of the dodo on the journey.
Mainz are second in the bundesliga 2 , certs for promotion and trained by the german media darling Jurgen Klopp. The kickers are where they always are, floating above the relegation zone. But yesterday they played very well and came out of the game with nothing while mainz were poor and got the three points. bose the french lad was excellent up front , powerful in the air and tricky on the ground , kickers had a good few chances and could have gone in 1 or 2-0 up instead it was 0-0 half time. Turker is the talisman of the Offenbach team and when he plays well they all do , sadly he was quiet enough. The young lad Bayer in the centre has great skill and juggled the ball over three players and into the box but found himself with his back to goal and had to lay off for a shot that was blocked. A mistake by the kickers keeper led to the Mainz goal , Thier the offenbach keeper is 41 , time to let the new generation in i think. The Mainz fans didnt contribute to a great atmosphere. The away end was hopping for most of the game .Mainz will get promoted but i think they will come straight back down again like they did last year.
The trip back was great fun , one drunken eejit kept roaring the same tune over and over and the guy behind me got the hump after 20 mins and roared at him to shut up but the drunker fella was facing the other way and couldnt hear him. The guy behind roared and roared but couldnt stop the drunkard no matter how loud he shouted. The driver just turned up the radio and we cruised back home. No-one was too downhearted as it was a good performance , the trick will be to beat Jena in the next home game or the gravitational pull of the relegation zone becomes harder to resist....

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 3:08pm

Scottyccfc
Monday night's televised game is Lautern vs. Union.
BinM
Will stream that! Nice one, what Channel in the mother land is it on?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 3:12pm
I remember  when moving to Berlin I was all set to follow Hertha as a stop gap for the LOI. Went to my first Bundesliga game, City jersey on, tri colour wrapped around me and I was basically told to F*** Off. I decided to give German football another go and headed way down East of Berlin to Kopenick to watch FC Union. Couldnt have been treated better, loved the der Alten Fosterei and spent a season following them 2002/03. From beating St Pauli 4-2 at home and losing to Koln 7-1 away. Some amazing stories and some good pals made.

Edited by scottyccfc - 01 Aug 2012 at 3:12pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 3:20pm
scottyccfc

You made the better decision switching to Union.

The game is on Sports Eins (the old DSF) . Kick off 19.15 Irish time
www.sport1.de

BinM

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 3:25pm

scottyccfc

www.sport1.de

BinM

Nice one, Ill get that stream on the Boxee Box.
Considering I was living in the "East" part of Berlin Im not sure why I didnt research it correctly.
2 Choices (Not including the scum BFC) and I chose the glory hunt first LOL
Some dark dark days during the mid 2000s for Union though, glad they are back in the mix.
St.Pauli Reloaded 2 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St.Pauli Reloaded 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 8:22pm

scottyccfc

www.sport1.de

BinM

Where are you living in Germany (ah yeh Munich ) almost forgot its another time zone LOL Game is at 20.15 uhr ,so in my estimation that would be em ....eh 21.15 uhr local time ROI  Wink now off too the Thick Thread with ye Beer
In Martin and Roy we Trust !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 45>
  Share Topic