You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eurovox / Openbox/Skybox/Dreambox

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 35>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheIrishTF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 11:16am
I've had a cheap android MXQ box off eBay for a while. It is a pain trying to get Sports. Buffering and freezing is a regular occurrance. That said, I have a 17mb broadband, which is the bare minimum for streaming as long as no one else in the house connects to the internet in the house.

I've just bought a Zgemma and am looking on eBay UK for a 24month Gift. Has anyone experience of a reliable seller? 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 6:07pm
Rossie or anyone.......... toaster tripped the fecking leccy earlier. Ever since, my Edision has no programme info/epg. When i go ito a chennel itll update but later on when i go back to say the entertainment section, the programme info is gone again. Pain the rectum, any tips?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Rossie or anyone.......... toaster tripped the fecking leccy earlier. Ever since, my Edision has no programme info/epg. When i go ito a chennel itll update but later on when i go back to say the entertainment section, the programme info is gone again. Pain the rectum, any tips?

Had you the tv guide set up to save to a HD or USB ?See is it still configured to save and then do a full scan of cross epg to get the 7 day guide.

As for the pain in your rectum ,go see a doctor ,dont be too embarrassed they have probably seen worse Shocked
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Had you the tv guide set up to save to a HD or USB ?See is it still configured to save and then do a full scan of cross epg to get the 7 day guide.

As for the pain in your rectum ,go see a doctor ,dont be too embarrassed they have probably seen worse Shocked
cheers. It seems to have kind of reset everything a bit. Getting that annoying voiceover again
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 6:45pm
Sorted, cheers Rossie.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 6:50pm
Thumbs Up

Actually Sham how do you get rid of the voiceover ?Mate got that Edision box and was asking and I couldnt remember .
Is there a way to turn it off or do you need to do it on each station ?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 6:53pm
Was going to ask younthe same thing, ive been doing channel by channel. Press Audio and then select the second option. I had every channel i watch sorted but its back to square wan now.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 7:01pm

Was going to ask younthe same thing, ive been doing channel by channel. Press Audio and then select the second option. I had every channel i watch sorted but its back to square wan now.

LOL

I told him to do that as well but there is bound to be a way to turn it off completely .

When you have it fully set up the way you want it you can make a back up and save it to USB or PC and then reload if anything goes wrong, might save you a bit of hassle down the line.

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 7:05pm
Yeah i had a look there in the audio options but theres tonnes of options and im f**ked if im going through them all to find it. Might checkmout the forums tomorrows in work and see if theres an option.

Yeah cheers, ill be sure to get around to saving it (which means i wont bother my arse an then curse myself the next time the toaster trips the power)
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 7:12pm
Whatever ive done, the voice over resets anytime i change channel now ffs
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 7:17pm
Think ive found the fix Rossie..

Goto setup / system /auto language selection.

Set Audio language selection 1 to english
Prefer AC3 track to yes
Prefer audio track stored by service to no.

Green button to save.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 7:24pm
Thumbs Up
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 7:53pm
The local pub just got one of these boxes. He's full sure that it's 100% legal and can't be stopped. What happens when the sky lads call? Or the fact that it's working through the broadband, does that save him?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 8:06pm
No it wont, if they call hes fecked
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 10:15pm
Approaching 12 months in the Zgemma box and not a problem had . Apart from last week when the server went but it was fix in a hour or two . €220 installed and tuned in for me and then €50 a year subscription . I know you can get the box cheaper and DIY but I wouldn't have the patience or the know how for that and the chap went through the whole use of it with me . I'd say the whole Sky Package is €100 plus a month ? Some serious cash wasted if you don't have one of these boxes and you are paying sky mad money for the same thing
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 11:56pm
Yup a serious saving to be made.I'd reckon I have saved over 3k since I got mine and that includes buying two top of the range Vu+ boxes.

I presume its going to get to a stage where Sky have to try stamp it out,its really blown up the last 2 years every second person seems to have one.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 6:58am

Yup a serious saving to be made.I'd reckon I have saved over 3k since I got mine and that includes buying two top of the range Vu+ boxes.

I presume its going to get to a stage where Sky have to try stamp it out,its really blown up the last 2 years every second person seems to have one.
I believe Sky are currently changing out all their boxes, that usually means something is in the pipeline, but like NTL before it, somebody will always find a way around it.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 10:20am

I believe Sky are currently changing out all their boxes, that usually means something is in the pipeline, but like NTL before it, somebody will always find a way around it.

Once they do that and everyone has the newer sky box that will be the end of this set up .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 35>
  Share Topic