You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA All-Ireland Football Championship 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 93>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 10:49pm
It will be a great wake up call for us, a good long run in the qualifiers will do us the world of good.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Think I'll be shouting for Galway in Connacht because I don't think I could handle Mayo fans playing down their chances in the All-Ireland to ridiculous levels again LOL

poor old galway will be doing well to get within 25 points of a supreme powerhouse like mayo
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

http://www.balls.ie/2012/10/03/the-2012-gaagpa-football-all-star-nominations-revealed/

I think Flynn has the best chance for Dublin, and possibly McAuley. Two of the few players to come out with any real credit this year. Wouldn't like to see David Clarke get one after his time wasting in the semi final.

67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Think I'll be shouting for Galway in Connacht because I don't think I could handle Mayo fans playing down their chances in the All-Ireland to ridiculous levels again LOL

Sure we haven't a hope against the mighty Maroon and White down in Salthill anywayWink
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 10:31pm
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

donegal vs tyroneCool
Can see this game being moved to clone although want it played in ballybofey but can see a huge crowd wanting to attend and it only holds round the 14000 mark now
cant say id complain if it was in clones I cant see anything touching yous in ulster next year unfortunately. Only hope any of the rest of us will have is if the hunger isn't there for another provincial title. Jimmy mcguinness doesn't come across as a manager that will let that happen! Great first game though for a neutral
I will complain though told a la from Tyrone who's in my class in college that we would get them 1st round just had a feeling. One things for sure that will help keep jim and the lads focused won want to lose against Tyrone
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

donegal vs tyroneCool
Can see this game being moved to clone although want it played in ballybofey but can see a huge crowd wanting to attend and it only holds round the 14000 mark now
cant say id complain if it was in clones I cant see anything touching yous in ulster next year unfortunately. Only hope any of the rest of us will have is if the hunger isn't there for another provincial title. Jimmy mcguinness doesn't come across as a manager that will let that happen! Great first game though for a neutral
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 9:52pm

donegal vs tyroneCool
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

f**king thrilled with that draw

Ah man,

Not happy with that.Galway can beat Mayo any given day and visa versa but that's not what I'm worried about.We'd have to beat every team in Connacht to retain the title and then have to start to peak from there.A big ask to beat Galway in May and keep that standard going all summer.

Disagree completely. It's perfect for us to build momentum

Someone just reminded me there that Galway have beaten us after All Ireland final appearances in 1990,98,05,07 ........Shocked
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 8:32pm

Ah man,

Not happy with that.Galway can beat Mayo any given day and visa versa but that's not what I'm worried about.We'd have to beat every team in Connacht to retain the title and then have to start to peak from there.A big ask to beat Galway in May and keep that standard going all summer.

Maybe,but I think the ideal preparation is a few scrappy,average performances early on whilst still getting the wins and really hitting your stride on the Bank Holiday August weekend.No point hammering Roscommon or the likes and then coming up against decent opposition with a favourites tag hanging over us.As many manager's have said "there's no point peaking in July".Only speculating here of course,but whatever the situation I have 100% faith in Horan and the backroom team to draw up a plan accordingly.

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 8:22pm

Ah man,

kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 8:19pm

Ah man,

colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Away again Thumbs Down

Weekend up in Derry Clap

Beating Tyrone in the semi finals before losing to monaghan in the ulster final Cool

fixed that for youClap
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 8:09pm
Away again Thumbs Down

Weekend up in Derry Clap

Beating Tyrone in the semi finals before beating Antrim in the ulster final Cool
newrygreen View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrygreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 8:08pm
Derry v Donegal and then winners of Donegal v Tyrone. 
Twitter: @50SavesOfDeGea
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 8:08pm

Jaysus sligo got one hell of a handy draw there
Mayo?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 8:07pm
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 8:06pm
donegal vs tyroneCool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 93>
  Share Topic