Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=40283
Printed Date: 18 Apr 2024 at 1:40pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: GAA All-Ireland Football Championship 2012
Posted By: Trapped
Subject: GAA All-Ireland Football Championship 2012
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 9:15pm
Right so that's the provincial championships finished.

The GAA All-Ireland Football Quarter-Final draw will be broadcast live on RTÉ Radio 1's Saturday Sport at 8.30pm after Saturday's Round 4 qualifier games.

Provincial Champions Cork, Donegal, Dublin and Mayo will be joined in the last eight by the winners of:

Meath v Laois
Down v Tipperary
Sligo v Kildare
Clare v Kerry

Predictions: Meath, Down, Kildare, Kerry. I'd prefer to see Laois go through with Dublin getting them and Kerry going out - obviously Kerry are to be avoided but would love to beat them again.

It's Leinster v Connacht and Munster v Ulster for the semi's so Dublin can't play Cork or Donegal until the final in theory. The draw will tell a lot though.

Replies:
Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 9:18pm
Will be fixed for dublin to get a easy game for the will draw the winner of down/tipp

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 9:23pm
Could it be a repet of the 1992 all Ireland final between Donegal and Dublin. It is 20 years since that day and Donegal tend to win/create history in years ending in 2. I know I hope about will need a bit of luck not drawing Kerry on Saturday will help forvavstart

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by eire32 eire32 wrote:

Will be fixed for dublin to get a easy game for the will draw the winner of down/tipp

How do you figure that?

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Could it be a repet of the 1992 all Ireland final between Donegal and Dublin. It is 20 years since that day and Donegal tend to win/create history in years ending in 2. I know I hope about will need a bit of luck not drawing Kerry on Saturday will help forvavstart

Wouldn't mind that once yis don't turn it into last year's semi-final!

Posted By: harry
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 10:00pm

LOL

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

How do you figure that?

Could it be a repet of the 1992 all Ireland final between Donegal and
Dublin. It is 20 years since that day and Donegal tend to win/create
history in years ending in 2. I know I hope about will need a bit of
luck not drawing Kerry on Saturday will help forvavstart

Were 2 teams playing defensive that day trapped although I do admit we were the worse of the 2 which is a pity because if we played a bit believe we would of beat yous. But no worry of it being a repeat of last year just ask philliyk we can play attacking football 2:18 scored and 2:15 of it from play if I'm not mistaking with 11 different scorers

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 10:17pm

How do you figure that?

Were 2 teams playing defensive that day trapped although I do admit we were the worse of the 2 which is a pity because if we played a bit believe we would of beat yous. But no worry of it being a repeat of last year just ask philliyk we can play attacking football 2:18 scored and 2:15 of it from play if I'm not mistaking with 11 different scorers
And how many off them were scored when Down had 12 players in the Donegal half to counter your 'new' attacking style RB LOL I would hazard a guess that at least 5 off them points were scored when Down literally gave up after the 2nd goal as cant remember what the score was then but know it put 6 between us and Dublin have a fully fit team at the minute as well.Wink

Also dont think croke park officials would let you's away with a lot off the off the ball stuff you's were getting up to either when playing the darling dubs Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 10:29pm
As one philliy we nowhere near as defensive as last year anyone who has watched us over the last 2 years will tell you that. 2:18 against anyone is a good score either in down heads dropped after the 2nd goal went in (which I was surprised at). And with scores coming from all areas of the field 1.02 from our half backline is a good return. You going to the game on Saturday hope for the sake of ulster football yous win

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 10:35pm
Doubt it, like who the feck ever goes to Mullingar unless yer a tinker, can see a very small crowd at it, as is very soon after a trek to clones to have make the trek to Mullingar and Tipp wont travel in numbers either, be a poor game too I reckon as a lot off the lads wont have the appetite for it - if they had the q/f draw on friday night it would at least give them some motivation if they were to get an easy q/f again Mayo or something 

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Doubt it, like who the feck ever goes to Mullingar unless yer a tinker, can see a very small crowd at it, as is very soon after a trek to clones to have make the trek to Mullingar and Tipp wont travel in numbers either, be a poor game too I reckon as a lot off the lads wont have the appetite for it - if they had the q/f draw on friday night it would at least give them some motivation if they were to get an easy q/f again Mayo or something 
Would of expected a decent crowd to travel but 6 days after paying to attending the final might effect the numbers plus tipp will bring very small crowd. It's a big banana skin for yous as everyone expecting a down win but tipp will be up for it and have the momentum from the last 3 weeks. It's good the 1/4 draw on Saturday as we need to have tickets ordered from the club by Monday. Want to avoid Kerry in the 1/4s be happy enough with any of the rest

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 10:51pm

get an easy q/f again Mayo or something 
That's the talk

Posted By: trapnoclue
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 12:13am
only 3 teams that can win it, kerry,cork and donegal, dubs wont have the hunger when it comes to it, id give donegal a great shout now.

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 8:43am

Meath v Laois
Down v Tipperary
Sligo v Kildare
Clare v Kerry

Predictions: Meath, Down, Kildare, Kerry.

I reckon Tipp are the best chance of an upset,

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 11:59am
That Donegal side are a well oiled machine. Their fitness and pace is incredible, Brolly bangs on all the time of how many training sessions they have together a week, is it 10 or 12 or something?
Incredible for amateur athletes.

Tipped Dublin at the start but think Donegal are their biggest threat.

Dublin another side that have been known to train twice a day over the past few years.
Is that what the GAA has become now, get a team superbly conditioned and reap the rewards?
There aren't many players in the Dublin or Donegal teams that you would pay to watch, no real genius footballers of the Canavan, Gooch or Greg Blaney ilk

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

That Donegal side are a well oiled machine. Their fitness and pace is incredible, Brolly bangs on all the time of how many training sessions they have together a week, is it 10 or 12 or something?

Dublin another side that have been known to train twice a day over the past few years.

Is that what the GAA has become now, get a team superbly conditioned and reap the rewards?

There aren't many players in the Dublin or Donegal teams that you would pay to watch, no real genius footballers of the Canavan, Gooch or Greg Blaney ilk
Ciaran McDonald

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 12:06pm
Yes, Ciaran McDonald was a great player in his day

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

get an easy q/f again Mayo or something 
That's the talk

mayo definitely the team everyone wants in the quarters.. lovely....

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 12:16pm

Yes, Ciaran McDonald was a great player in his day

still whipping them over for crossmolina baggio , think he got a few on sunday.

-------------

Posted By: trapnoclue
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 1:00pm
mayo the team everyone wants for a reason roger, spose im banned now for not thinking mayo can win an all ireland.

Posted By: Gaillimh Abu
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 1:20pm
LOL

-------------
To try and fail is understandable but to fail to try is inexcusable

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by trapnoclue trapnoclue wrote:

mayo the team everyone wants for a reason roger, spose im banned now for not thinking mayo can win an all ireland.

Just like last year. Cork were delighted with their quarter final draw. Look what happened to them

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 1:55pm

id have to ban everyone on the site then LOL 

and of curse you are wrong as usual , mayo can and will win an all-ireland, we have the players and we have the hunger, i am hoping we have the manager.

-------------

Posted By: IrishPride
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 2:07pm
Ye need the bottle though. Bottle has been hard to come by in Mayo for the last 50 years

-------------
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Just like last year. Cork were delighted with their quarter final draw. Look what happened to them

Was just about to say this. Everyone in Cork and Mayo were expecting a walk in the park that day.

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 2:33pm
Mayo were full merit for their victory that day against Cork but were shown up in the semi-final against Kerry. I really don't seem them capable of winning an All-Ireland this year, getting to the final would be a great achievement itself

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by IrishPride IrishPride wrote:

Ye need the bottle though. Bottle has been hard to come by in Mayo for the last 50 years

Thats the problem really. Though to be fair on then in the last 2 all irelands against kerry, i dont think any team was going to beat that 04 and 06 kerry side. mayo for me always lack that physical aspect. we ve nice footballers but you need the strength as well

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by IrishPride IrishPride wrote:

we'll only know whether we have that after we've won it Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 2:52pm

donegal trasin something like 12 times a week that is including their own gym work. they have been doing their gym programs since turn off the year which sees them in the gym 3 times a week at 7.00 am and then they train in the evenings again. they train at my club in the soring time so have been lucky to see them train first hand and i can tell you these lads are getting their rewards now for all the hard work they have put it over the last 2 years. just a thought came to my mind jim mcguiness has managed a donegal time in ulster for the last 3 years (u21 and senior level) and he has won an ulster title all 3 years he also took the u21s to an all ireland final which they were the width of a crossbar from winning. think this shows the capabilities he has as a manager but rory gallagher doesnt get the credit he deserves for this success. i will be happy with anyone but kerry from the draw on saturday 

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 10:45pm

How do you figure that?

Ah come on now, there was no comparison. Dublin might have dropped one forward back from the start but Donegal actually played with 12 defenders and 2 forwards! I've never seen anything like it on a Gah pitch.

But I've seen yis a couple of times this year and you're certainly not as defensive.

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 10:51pm

Go way out of that. Bernard Brogan is a class act on his day. Alan was footballer of the year last year. And Bernard the year before. Think your hatred of Dublin is slightly clouding your judgement.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 10:54pm

Go way out of that. Bernard Brogan is a class act on his day. Alan was footballer of the year last year. And Bernard the year before. Think your hatred of Dublin is slightly clouding your judgement.

+1

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 10:58pm
Wish we had alan brogan. he s got mayo blood in him i think his cousins are from ballyhaunis. could do with him and bernard up front given our forwards display against sligo.

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 11:07pm
Which of the qualifiers are bein televised on saturday?

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 11:36pm

How do you figure that?

Ah come on now, there was no comparison. Dublin might have dropped one forward back from the start but Donegal actually played with 12 defenders and 2 forwards! I've never seen anything like it on a Gah pitch.

But I've seen yis a couple of times this year and you're certainly not as defensive.
That is why I said we were the worse at doing it but the dubs certainly played defensive as well. Watch dat 1st half again when we dropped back instead of he Dublin defenders pushing forward to attack they were move than happy to sit in their own half of the field.

We are not much different than Dublin of the past fe years. When gilroy took over the first year he worked on defence and after he had that sorted he moved onto the attacking game. Jim has done the exact same with us and ask anyone that has seen us in the championship we will be a match for anyone as can't think of another team as fit as us and the players are certainly have a mor physical look to them e.g mcglynn bouncing straight back up after getting hit at kings best hit on sunday

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Think it's Meath bs Laois colmoc. Don't know why they couldn't show a few off them between rte tv3 and BBQ could of shown 3 games

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 8:21am

Think it's Meath bs Laois colmoc. Don't know why they couldn't show a few off them between rte tv3 and BBQ could of shown 3 games

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 9:12am

Brogan (Bernard) is top class, wouldnt have him in the genius category like the Gooch all the same

who said i hate the Dubs?

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 8:44pm
Is Kildare v Sligo on the box tomorrow?

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Is Kildare v Sligo on the box tomorrow?

No,showing Meath v Laois.

Posted By: SuperDub
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 9:00pm

RTE are showing Meath v Laois. The Gaa only allow the coverage of one game live on Saturday's for some crazy reason. I heard Des Cahill mention it a few weeks ago on the radio.

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 9:18pm
Encourage more people to travel by not having them televised,will be stuck to the radio again this week so.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 9:24pm
Would have been seriously considering backing Tipp tomorrow but then I seen wee Jamsie finally grew a set and dropped dan mccartan Clap ClapClap (if he was in the Ireland team trapnoclue would have a heart attack after 10mins watching him thats how sh*te he is) only downside is he has picked that useless fuker Conor Maginn but Duffin brought in from the start is a move in the right direction for Down and the midfield partnership off Rodgers and King restored is a good start. No Hughes as expected though - or Doyle

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 9:30pm

Encourage more people to travel by not having them televised,will be stuck to the radio again this week so.
After speaking to a good few folk I seriously doubt if Down will bring more than 3-4K to the game tomorrow as most people have no appetite to travel that far after last weeks travels as cant be arsed driving meself and was seeing if there was a lift going but no one is bothering. 

If ever there was a game to televise so as not to effect the match attendance it is Down v Tipp as only the die hards who wouldnt miss a match(even league and mckenna cup games) will be in attendance imo

-------------

Posted By: Jerryfromkerry
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 9:53pm
Cork 11/4
Kerry 3/1
Dublin 3/1
Donegal 4/1
Kildare 14/1
Mayo  14/1
Meath 33/1
Down 40/1
Sligo 100/1
Laois 125/1
Tipperary 175/1
Clare 1000/1

Kerry and Dublin way too short. Donegal too long. Good value for an each way bet of Kildare, Mayo, Meath.

Dont think there will be any shocks in round 4 qualifies tomorrow unless Tipp can upset the odds against Down

Assuming Kerry get past Clare tomorrow im hoping the draw at 8.30pm tomorrow will pit us against, in order of preference. Dublin, Mayo, Cork, Donegal

Cant see beyone Donegal or Cork for the All Ireland at this stage.

Outright Betting
Cork javascript:void%280%29" rel="nofollow -
Kildare javascript:void%280%29" rel="nofollow -
Sligo javascript:void%280%29" rel="nofollow -
Kerry javascript:void%280%29" rel="nofollow -
Mayo javascript:void%280%29" rel="nofollow -
Laois javascript:void%280%29" rel="nofollow -
Dublin javascript:void%280%29" rel="nofollow -
Meath javascript:void%280%29" rel="nofollow -
Tipperary javascript:void%280%29" rel="nofollow -
Donegal javascript:void%280%29" rel="nofollow -
Down javascript:void%280%29" rel="nofollow -
Clare javascript:void%280%29" rel="nofollow - Each Way Terms 1/4 places 1,2

-------------
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 10:22pm
Too much hype about Donegal,wait until they play a Cork/Kerry/Dublin in Croker,see what they are made of.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 10:40pm

Too much hype about Donegal,wait until they play a Cork/Kerry/Dublin in Croker,see what they are made of.

All the hype is coming from outside the county and don't worry jim won't let this get into the players heads. At least we have a reason to be hyped back to back ulster titles and both from the preliminary round (1st team ever to do that) teams like kildare be hyped all the time and have won nothing of note in years

Posted By: max
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 12:22am
any on this heading to Mullingar tomorow for the Down Tipp match expecting a good game love downs full forward. 3 championship games in Cusack hasnt happend in donkeys years  

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 12:32am
Originally posted by max max wrote:

any on this heading to Mullingar tomorow for the Down Tipp match expecting a good game love downs full forward. 3 championship games in Cusack hasnt happend in donkeys years  
As said above Max - wouldnt be expecting a big crowd as dont think many Down heading, maybe Tipp might come out and support the footballers though cant see it

-------------

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 1:38am
Ragin iv'e to work tomorrow , i was going to hit Mullingar to watch Tipp vs Down!

Hopefully the Tipp boys will get through and make me even prouder to be a Tipp supporter Clap

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 1:54am
Originally posted by Jerryfromkerry Jerryfromkerry wrote:

Cork 11/4
Kerry 3/1
Dublin 3/1
Donegal 4/1
Kildare 14/1
Mayo  14/1
Meath 33/1
Down 40/1
Sligo 100/1
Laois 125/1
Tipperary 175/1
Clare 1000/1

Kerry and Dublin way too short. Donegal too long. Good value for an each way bet of Kildare, Mayo, Meath.

Dont think there will be any shocks in round 4 qualifies tomorrow unless Tipp can upset the odds against Down

Assuming Kerry get past Clare tomorrow im hoping the draw at 8.30pm tomorrow will pit us against, in order of preference. Dublin, Mayo, Cork, Donegal

Outright Betting

We will knock the fook out of yous proper this time.

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 6:54am

All the hype is coming from outside the county and don't worry jim won't let this get into the players heads. At least we have a reason to be hyped back to back ulster titles and both from the preliminary round (1st team ever to do that) teams like kildare be hyped all the time and have won nothing of note in years

Anything ye won last year shouldnt count,they way Donegal played in 2011, they Shamed the game ,disgusting style !

-------------

Posted By: Jerryfromkerry
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 9:06am

Originally posted by Jerryfromkerry Jerryfromkerry wrote:

Cork 11/4
Kerry 3/1
Dublin 3/1
Donegal 4/1
Kildare 14/1
Mayo  14/1
Meath 33/1
Down 40/1
Sligo 100/1
Laois 125/1
Tipperary 175/1
Clare 1000/1

Outright Betting

We will knock the fook out of yous proper this time.

Shocked Good night on the beer lad? LOL

-------------
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 3:47pm
Laois started well!

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 3:55pm
Meath keeper makes a fuk up off a routine clearance and concedes a penalty LOL

6 points clear now Shocked

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 3:58pm
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/down-gaa" rel="nofollow - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/down-gaa

best I can find as well for the Down v Tipp game will be totally biased commentary, no pics but sure ha what you gonna do c'mon Down Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 4:39pm
Bennnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 4:40pm
Meath well and truly f**kin up my accumulator here

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 5:01pm
Could be a draw yet.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 5:07pm
Fukin audio commentary has gone down Thumbs Down

-------------

Posted By: Dukla
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 5:09pm
laois win by three. Good result from a dubs perspective

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 5:14pm
What the f**k were Meath doing with the ball after they got a life line from the goal.Such pricking about ,they could have put a bit of pressure on Laois but kicked 2 bad wides.

Posted By: RazorMac
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 5:16pm
Great to see Meath dumped out. Always get ahead of themselves when they win a match or 2. Enjoy division 3. Up the Dubs

-------------
Ah heere leeeeeave it ouuuut

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 5:16pm
Banty done well when he came on

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 5:23pm
big Kildare crowd gathering in Roscommon for their game.The weather is f**kin terrible,torrential rain the last hour.

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 5:28pm

Anything ye won last year shouldnt count,they way Donegal played in 2011, they Shamed the game ,disgusting style !
shamed the game that's rich coming from a Kildare fan after the going ons over the last few months

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 5:33pm
Meath out is a disappointing one for them after doing well the last 2 games
Hope Sligo beat Kildare

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 5:35pm
Myth of a 6 day turnaround - pure b/s or maybe it just takes a good team to bust the myth TongueCool

Should see Down into the semi finals after an easy win again Mayo next week Approve

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 5:50pm

Myth of a 6 day turnaround - pure b/s or maybe it just takes a good team to bust the myth TongueCool

Should see Down into the semi finals after an easy win again Mayo next week Approve

Well done philliy good result after the disappointment of last week

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 5:56pm

Dont remember ever meeting down in the championship but would prefer Laois

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 6:01pm

Well done philliy good result after the disappointment of last week
Aye dropping the McCartans out off the team is big step in the right direction, just aidan carr to go now plus by the sound off it we played our normal natural game and didnt try to play tactics to suit the opposition like last week, play the normal way and should at least be seeing a semi final I reckon

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Laois the team everyone will want now milla and down want mayo well according to the 2 on the Jewry radio station I listened to the game onm

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 6:03pm

Dont think it really matters who you get as they're beating ya anyway Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 6:09pm

shamed the game that's rich coming from a Kildare fan after the going ons over the last few months

Players have been jumping counties  for years, ever heard of Larry Tomkins?the Seanie Johnston affair just caught the Media snowball effect, But the style of football Donegal played last year will live in the minds of fans and critics for a long time!

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 6:19pm

Players have been jumping counties  for years, ever heard of Larry Tomkins?the Seanie Johnston affair just caught the Media snowball effect, But the style of football Donegal played last year will live in the minds of fans and critics for a long time!
I have of larry Tompkins don't worry another example you could give would be billy joe padden want me to carryon because as you say players have moved counties for years. 1 difference though is they have lived and worked in these counties before moving. Johnston did not and playing 45 seconds of a hurling game to qualify to play don't remember larry having to do that. Done gals style wasn't pretty last year but funny it's main critic in Spillane is now done gals main fan wonder what he would say about the Johnston saga. We might of played ugly football but case what no one in Donegal cared we won an ulster title and we didn't feel ashamed to support them on the another hand many Kildare fans I know are ashamed of what went on with they own county this year and think more people in 50 years will remember johnstons saga than donegals 2011 tactics

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 6:24pm
Donegal's football last year was shocking to look at and was brutal for a neutral but Donegal werent playing for the neutrals or the football purists. They were playing for Donegal and they didnt break any rules, they did what they believed was the best way for Donegal to win. I was hoping they would lose in the latter stages cos it really was awful to look at but I certainly wouldnt expect Donegal to apologise to anyone for that

Posted By: kimbap
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 6:26pm

I think Mayo are better than both Laois and Down.Everybody raves about the donegal defense  because of the intensity of it,taking the swarm defense to a new level etc,etc.It is impressive no doubt and very effective.However people underestimate the Mayo defense,very difficult to score against,this was picked up on last year when we conceded something like 4 points (collectively in the second half over 3 games) until we played Kerry.That was an amazing statistic but seems to be forgotten this year,even though we havent played a top team yet .I wouldn't like to draw Laois as we would be favourites and Mayo don't do well when expected to win.The Connacht final was just what we needed,sh*t game and nothing spectacular.we were behind until mid way through the second half but there was no sense of panic from the players or the crowd,we knew we could step up a few gears if needed.The rest of the country has dismissed us,just the way we like it.

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

I think Mayo are better than both Laois and Down.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Donegal's football last year was shocking to look at and was brutal for a neutral but Donegal werent playing for the neutrals or the football purists. They were playing for Donegal and they didnt break any rules, they did what they believed was the best way for Donegal to win. I was hoping they would lose in the latter stages cos it really was awful to look at but I certainly wouldnt expect Donegal to apologise to anyone for that

Exactly,why should they care what anyone else thinks?
Last year Donegal's games were brutal to watch from a football point of view but fascinating at the same time.I wanted them to go out as well toward the latter stages,however they have kept the defensive style they had last year and improved their forward play.They can do something I have rarely seen work before in Gaelic football,defend a lead.If they are a couple of points up I think they let the other team attack knowing that it will most likely end in a turnover.They are a serious prospect for Sam this year,nobody has figured a way to unlock their defense even in theory.

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 6:35pm

Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

I think Mayo are better than both Laois and Down.

Aiden O Shea would take care of the Rock!

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 6:40pm
Kildare winning 5pts to 0.

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 6:41pm
Kildare on Fire!!!6 points to 0!!!

-------------

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 6:54pm
Any links to the Kingdom match guys. Thanks

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Any links to the Kingdom match guys. Thanks

Only radio I think,live on rte 1.

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 7:32pm
some shower of meath knackers in tullamore,
the broke windows out of laois cars down by the canal after the game, SCUM

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 7:44pm
Well going on the results in the games today including the ones going on now looks like this will be the teams in the pot

Pot A.                        Pot B
Donegal.                    Laois
Cork.                          Down
Dublin.                      Kerry
Mayo.                         Kildare

So what do everyone think the draw will be I hope Donegal avoid Kerry will fancy a game against any of the rest (can't get down)

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 7:48pm
Dublin will get the easy game of couse so the will play laois.

Dublin v Laois
Mayo  v Kildare
Donegal v Kerry
Cork v Down

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 7:52pm
Cork Kildare
Dubs Laois
Kerry Donegal
Down Mayo

And as usual I have named the winners off each tie first Thumbs Up

That would make it Dubs v Down and Cork v Kerry in semi's would it?

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 7:57pm
ABK

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 8:05pm
Sligo hammered!

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 8:11pm

Sligo hammered!

4 points is a pathetic return.Kildare - 4 looks very generous now.

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 8:14pm
Can Kerry play cork seeing as they didn't meet in the Munster final?

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Sligo hammered!

4 points is a pathetic return.Kildare - 4 looks very generous now.

Yeah i had a nice bet on the double 
kildare -1
kerry -6
Only pays evens but didn't want to get greedy

If meath won earlier i would have been waiting on the cats tomorrow -2 for 900Angry

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Can Kerry play cork seeing as they didn't meet in the Munster final?
yeah they can meet each other it is only provincial finalists that cant meet

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 8:30pm
Galvin got a straight red there so hes out for next gameClown

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 8:30pm
Just heard there Galvin got himself a straight red in a game they were winning without putting in much effort ffs Clown

-------------

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 8:36pm
What time is the draw?

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 8:37pm
Cork v Kildare

Dublin v Laois

Cork Kildare
Dubs Laois
Kerry Donegal
Down Mayo

And as usual I have named the winners off each tie first Thumbs Up

That would make it Dubs v Down and Cork v Kerry in semi's would it?
Got it spot on LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 8:40pm

Dublin will get the easy game of couse so the will play laois.

Dublin v Laois
Mayo  v Kildare
Donegal v Kerry
Cork v Down

FIXED

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net