You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Olympic Boxing Irish Team 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 38394041>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 9:13pm
GuttedCry
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 9:14pm
Unlucky.
It's Jack Shat
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 9:15pm
Can you Imagine the carnage in Mullingar tonight LOL
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 9:17pm
Nevin will have major regrets after this fight,his defence was poor - he simply did'nt perform to his potential
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 9:48pm
just not good enough tonight , chalk and cheese from yesterday
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 9:55pm
Better fighter won, I think he underestimated the opponent, why after losing the WC I don't know but agree he'll be disappointed when he sits down and looks back on it.

Dukla View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dukla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 11:06pm
Home crowd was a big advantage for the british boy. It's a pity that the irish over there didn't buy tickets for the fight like they did for Katie. Olympic silver is something to be very proud of & apparently he's the first Traveller to ever win an Olympic medal. Well Done John Joe Clap
Smartalex View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Fcukin british bastard robbed Nevin

he won fair and square 

coming from someone with a british club in their username thats an astonishing comment

good effort by nevin to get a silver and well done to all our boxers

HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 11:50pm
Thought JJ was level in 1st and 2/3 ahead in the 2nd, 3rd he was not at the races, great achievement nonetheless ,congrats to all the boxers, and the rest of (for FreeWheeler)TEAM IRELANDTongue
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 12:16am

Edited by tribalarmy - 12 Aug 2012 at 12:17am
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 12:24am
Originally posted by HateHenry HateHenry wrote:

Thought JJ was level in 1st and 2/3 ahead in the 2nd, 3rd he was not at the races, great achievement nonetheless ,congrats to all the boxers, and the rest of (for FreeWheeler)TEAM IRELANDTongue

I acknowledge its very hard to score the bouts from tv angle but it was clear as day he was well beaten in the 1st and 3rd. Wouldnt have any complaint about the scoring. On the day Campbell was on a different planet and was very comfortable in the victory. Best of luck to him, better man won.

I think its great to say from our perspective and amateur boxing that we didnt get fooked over with anything and we have nothing to complain about. And in fairness I think the scoring in the tournament gradually improved from start to finish (and by God it needed to).

EDIT: and I mean in any of our losing bouts throughout the tournament.

Edited by Kerrzy - 12 Aug 2012 at 12:26am
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 12:27am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

And in fairness I think the scoring in the tournament gradually improved from start to finish (and by God it needed to).

I didn't see it, but I heard the Thai guy was robbed in the final before Nevin's by the Chinese fella.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 1:43am
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

And in fairness I think the scoring in the tournament gradually improved from start to finish (and by God it needed to).

I didn't see it, but I heard the Thai guy was robbed in the final before Nevin's by the Chinese fella.

In Barnes' division? Neither did I.

I watched a lot of the bouts in the early rounds each night and couldnt believe what I was watching. Didnt watch half as much this week but what I did thought was very accurate

Edited by Kerrzy - 12 Aug 2012 at 2:13am
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 3:25am
The Thai guy was ridden rock solid. The most bizarre piece of refereeing and judging I have seen. I thought he won it by about four-six points, with or without the deductions.crazy

John JoeClap
I thought the judges got this fight spot on, I called every round exactly the same as them, first time this OlympicsBig smile

Edited by Clonbhoy - 12 Aug 2012 at 3:26am
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 3:34am
I thought john joe was very poor tonight he gave the brit too much respect a good boxer btw he seemed just too content with hos silver medal
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 3:39am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Fcukin british bastard robbed Nevin

JesusConfused...I didnt think he was that typy of lad
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 11:55am
Great effort in winning a silver John Joe, just didn't reach the standard he set for himself getting there. Campbell well deserved it.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
SteviesGranny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteviesGranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Dukla Dukla wrote:

Home crowd was a big advantage for the british boy. It's a pity that the irish over there didn't buy tickets for the fight like they did for Katie. Olympic silver is something to be very proud of & apparently he's the first Traveller to ever win an Olympic medal. Well Done John Joe Clap

To be fair the Brits were expecting to have a couple of boxers in this session so they bought up the tickets early. That's what the Irish did with the Katie fight because she was expected to reach the final.

I was at it myself and there still was a fair few Irish there but we were outnumbered by the Brits.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 38394041>
  Share Topic