You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

craft beer, real ales and the like

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 64>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Finally got my hands on 12 cans of Theakston OP when I was in Banbridge last month. Intended keeping 4 of them for Christmas. As if....
Old Piacluar indeed CH .

Now not a fan to be honest but brings me back 40 years or close to it when i worked in a hotel . Anyway we had that on tap i was the cellar man at the time they came in oak barrels of 36 gallons .
Anyway there was quite a drop of around 3 metres from the road above to the cellar below the draymen would drop them down onto a bag of cork and then lift them on to shelves ready to be tapped .
Well one day one just exploded when it hit the cork bag , the lad at the bottom and myself was soaked in OP . I had to go walk home as no way was i getting on a bus with the smell off me .

I have seen a few getting really drunk off OP in my time , hell of a kick ot it in more ways than one Embarrassed

I would say it wasn’t the last time you were covered in juices with another man looking on. 

Hummmm all i can think of is a kabab and hot chilli sauce Shocked
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 10:29pm
Anybody know where you can get Guinness 0.0? Big press release but can't see anything about when or where they will be available.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 8:20am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Anybody know where you can get Guinness 0.0? Big press release but can't see anything about when or where they will be available.

Should be out this week, said first week in November in a few articles I saw, looking forward to trying it 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 1:02pm
Had a few cans of Founders Oktoberfest at the weekend - lovely gear. Recommend Thumbs Up
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 6:36pm
Guinness called back there 0.0 version already, would have been mortified myself going up and ordering that.
 I used to drink Guinness with blackcurrant when I first started on it and I'd send her upLOL

Edited by irelandfan - 11 Nov 2020 at 6:36pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 6:55pm
Non-alcoholic beers would never be great anyway though some have come a long way since paint strippers like Kaliber and Tennents LA were on the market. Erdinger do a good one that tastes like the real thing. Had some pint bottles of Old Peculier the other night after reading some previous comments on it on this thread. I'd forgotten how alcoholic it was in taste and strength and why I used to prefer ordinary Theakston's bitter when I lived in England. Think I'll stick to my favourite bottled ale for lockdown consumption in future- Timothy Taylor's Landlord.
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 11:29pm
Finally got my hands on some of the Dessert In A Can range from Amundsen, Neopolitan Ice Cream and Raspberry, Salted Caramel Cheesecake. Both delicious Clap
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

Finally got my hands on some of the Dessert In A Can range from Amundsen, Neopolitan Ice Cream and Raspberry, Salted Caramel Cheesecake. Both delicious Clap

i tend to draw the line on craft beers when i see them gety silly like this ffs LOL
AS YOU WERE McGx

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 4:16pm
Been looking everywhere for Weihenstephaner Hefe-Weissbier and picked up a few bottles today, beautiful stuff. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 8:33pm
There was talk on here a few months back about Hoegarden Alcohol Free, anyone know where to get them?

Been trying a bunch of the AF beers through lockdown. Erdinger and Brewdog Nanny State are the best so far.

Wasn't gone on Punk AF, Wicklow Wolf or Morett
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 8:59pm
Had a lovely danish one last week by To Oi “Implosion” 

Didn’t like Nanny State myself 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Lord of the Wing View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord of the Wing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Been looking everywhere for Weihenstephaner Hefe-Weissbier and picked up a few bottles today, beautiful stuff. 
Prefer the  Weinstephaner Kellerbier, top notch...
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

There was talk on here a few months back about Hoegarden Alcohol Free, anyone know where to get them?

Been trying a bunch of the AF beers through lockdown. Erdinger and Brewdog Nanny State are the best so far.

Wasn't gone on Punk AF, Wicklow Wolf or Morett

That was me,  I live in England though,  not sure if you can get it at home.  
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 10:59pm
Kinnegar Scraggy Bay IPA is gorgeous.  There whole range is excellent,  the rustbucket especially. 
AKA pedantic kunt
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 11:00pm
Started trying craft beers now. Anyone recommend any good irish ones?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Where do you normally buy your beer?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

My favourites breweries are 

Western Herd 

Treaty City 

Kinnegar 

Wicklow Wolf

12 Acres 

Whiplash 

AKA pedantic kunt
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 11:35pm
Head to Phibsboro when things are back to normal the community club love to show off there knowledge of CRAFT beer. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 64>
  Share Topic