You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

craft beer, real ales and the like

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 64>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Suppin on a Kinnegar Big Bunny East Coast IPA. Nice gear.

Their only beer worth mentioning really 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

Not had one of their beers I don't like, their porter is lovely 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 9:29pm

Kinnegar very nice. Crossroads American Style IPA my favourite.

dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Not had one of their beers I don't like, their porter is lovely 

Each to their own, the joys of having such a wide variety 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 10:28pm
having a little mix to tonight. 
Brew dog hazy New England ipa.
White hag Red IPA.
Mcgargles Double Banging IPA
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

White hag Red IPA.

Is the mrs going to get it hard tonight?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 10:36pm

White hag Red IPA.

Whats the Red IPA like, currently working my way through a few IPAs from Dry and Bitter
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

White hag Red IPA.

Is the mrs going to get it hard tonight?

It might be more of a semi if I open another DIPA
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 11:01pm

White hag Red IPA.

Whats the Red IPA like, currently working my way through a few IPAs from Dry and Bitter

It’s just like a more hoppy red smithwicks would be best way to describe it. The one from white hag is 6.8 too so nice kick
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Had a few cans of Roaster Coaster by Brewdog (US) and Evil Twin. f**kin lovely stuff - Vietnamese coffee stout unreal. Selling them in Tesco here not sure about at home.

There's a great place for beer in the market here had a couple of bottles of Kasteel Chocolate Quad the other day - unbelievable stuff.

Sat in a Brewdog there and they gave me a free half of 'Ten Ton Truck' which is also a Vietnamese imperial coffee stout to celebrate their anniversary. It's really good stuff. I think if you like 'Roaster Coaster' you will like this.

I ordered a 'Layer Cake' too. Marshmallow stouts are the bollocks. Tiny Rebel do a decent one too. It's like a dessert that gets you pissed.

Again, I only went out to get out of the house and read a bit of my book and my regular haunts shut on a Sunday evening. I really struggle with everything but the beer. As socially liberal as I am, I will always feel uncomfortable having a sh*t in one knowing the girl on the next table has to hear my vindaloo revenge; the music is usually sh*t, I don't know what  the f**k is on the walls, but it reminds me of a bad acid trip and everyone is trying too hard to be cool. **** behind the bar has a baseball cap on backwards for f**k sake! I got drunk with him once and he thinks we are f**king mates too. Bad hipster is the worst hipster! The beer is tremendous thoughLOL

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 10:19pm
An important clarification is needed regarded the music as it is now playing my pilled-up playlist of 80s synth classics. Maybe a Brewdog that sells half a pill chaser to the Marshmallow Porter is the future we need.
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 8:03pm
Pre Madonna, keep an eye out for a Dessert in a Can range from Amundsen. Haven't had any yet myself but they are meant to be class
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 8:15pm

Pre Madonna, keep an eye out for a Dessert in a Can range from Amundsen. Haven't had any yet myself but they are meant to be class
They have excellent ratings on Untapped! I was trying to do a dry August but we decided to have a break away in the middle that ended that, so going to do September, but my order a few as a treat for the end of the month. They're not cheap mind you! 8.75 a can I see!
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

They have excellent ratings on Untapped! I was trying to do a dry August but we decided to have a break away in the middle that ended that, so going to do September, but my order a few as a treat for the end of the month. They're not cheap mind you! 8.75 a can I see!

I cant find anywhere that has them in stock at the minute. Although I have  3 orders of beer on the way over the next week or so containing a total of 32 beers so I'm probably well stocked for the time being.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 7:46pm
don’t know if any of you have tried the imperial stout from Brewmaster , a Dundalk brewery.8% abv so not to be messed with but it’s a lovely sup. Currently in SuperValu , the one in Lucan anyhow, at a slightly unreal 2.50€ for 500ml.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 7:47pm

Love all the Kinnegar stuff 
AKA pedantic kunt
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 7:49pm
Had a couple of the 8 Degrees stuff over the past few weeks and liked it.
But really liking the stuff that Hope Brewing are producing - Their "Hop On" pale ale is lovely. 
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

don’t know if any of you have tried the imperial stout from Brewmaster , a Dundalk brewery.8% abv so not to be messed with but it’s a lovely sup. Currently in SuperValu , the one in Lucan anyhow, at a slightly unreal 2.50€ for 500ml.

I've been getting it for about the last 6 months. The off licence in santry does 4 for €10. I had 7 one night and wasn't right the whole next day. Its a real nice stout. Their haus party, maibock and red ale are good too. 

They have a larger but I got a can of it and poured half it down the sink but I don't really like larger anyway. The stout is good value as you say especially at 8%

Edited by tapfit2004 - 29 Sep 2020 at 8:33pm
Let Christy Take It.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 64>
  Share Topic