You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rough Pubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 9:10am
How has nobody mentioned Finches
Simon: No-one brings a bag of sh*t to a pub

Jay: Your dad does

Simon: Does he?

Jay: Yeah, your mum

drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 10:09am
Originally posted by AndyMc AndyMc wrote:

The one in mulhudart? They change the name every few years?
Whitestown house is another dump as is the Cardiff in finglas.
Chips don't bounce
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 10:58am
The bottom of the hill in Finglas is rough and can compete with rough pubs anywhere. Walked in their with a Dublin friend and he said jokingly, but loudly, 'keep the accent down'. The pub seemed to turn and look at me. We left.

Have been in some corkers in England.One in Birmingham on derby day where they were doing coke on the pool table at 10 in the morning was probably the best. You know it has a great chance of being a rough boozer here when there is a sign that says 'shirts must be worn in the bar at ll times'.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

The one in mulhudart? They change the name every few years?
Whitestown house is another dump as is the Cardiff in finglas.

Finches is in Clondalkin. The one in Mulhuddart is called Paidi Ogs now. Was is and always will be a kip regardless what name is over the door
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

That just across from Liverpool street station, been in there a few times. Full of bankers with a capital W.Not the worst pub in the city though

Ha that's funny, I found the pic randomly cos it ties in well with the Rough Pubs/Pubes title LOL
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 12:55pm

Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

That just across from Liverpool street station, been in there a few times. Full of bankers with a capital W.Not the worst pub in the city though

Ha that's funny, I found the pic randomly cos it ties in well with the Rough Pubs/Pubes title LOL
Really busy pub!!Don't bring an old doll in on Thursday nights.cavemen in suits!!
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 1:24pm
newtown house is grand....even though im from around there ive never seen a row in it in my life....great place for the stick though...and i have to say they serve a great pint of heineken.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 3:24pm

Is that the one in Neilstown? Always wanted a sup in there when I worked close by.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 10:26am
bump

We'd a couple of pints in The Bottom Of The Hill in Finglas after we came down from the fans game in Belfast. Bouncer on the door and it was only 6 in the evening .

Guinness was lovely

Edited by irishmufc - 11 May 2014 at 10:28am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 10:38am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

bump

We'd a couple of pints in The Bottom Of The Hill in Finglas after we came down from the fans game in Belfast. Bouncer on the door and it was only 6 in the evening .

Guinness was lovely

That's not early for there. Normally a bouncer on the door from when it opens. Only pub in Finglas village that's like that
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Is that the one in Neilstown? Always wanted a sup in there when I worked close by.

It's in Clondalkin, absolute dive of a place.
The Ramble Inn in killester is a bit if dump as well.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

bump

Guinness was lovely

That's not early for there. Normally a bouncer on the door from when it opens. Only pub in Finglas village that's like that

Clientele were rough enough looking but there was 4 of us anyway. One of them asked me in the jacks what the story with the bags we had. Told him we beat Northern Ireland fans team up in Belfast so he seemed to be happy enough with us.

He was definitely a shinner
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 11:01am

bump

Guinness was lovely

Clientele were rough enough looking but there was 4 of us anyway. One of them asked me in the jacks what the story with the bags we had. Told him we beat Northern Ireland fans team up in Belfast so he seemed to be happy enough with us.

He was definitely a shinner

Can't say I'm too surprised given certain links that pub supposedly has
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 11:09am
Yah I'd say Finglas is a big Sinn Fein area. To be fair we didn't get any hassle
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 11:17am
The old white horse in drimnagh - about two years before it closed and changed hands the place was a madhouse . If ya had two ears in there you were considered a fairy , and more than likely ""corrected"". Till robbed off the counter daily and the thieves hot footed across the bridge and in to the square . Lads used to order a round and just stare at the barman till he walked away without being payed . Unfortunate cos prior to that the bar was a good working class watering hole . 
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 11:25am

Yah I'd say Finglas is a big Sinn Fein area. To be fair we didn't get any hassle

I wasn't talking about Finglas as a whole more so that particular pub if you get my drift

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 2:22pm

I wasn't talking about Finglas as a whole more so that particular pub if you get my drift

Oh I know. That's what I mean't. Any time I was in rough parts of Dublin, I never got hassle.Everybody gets tarred with the same brush if they're from a socially deprived area
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 2:31pm
Whats the roughest Dublin inner city pub ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>
  Share Topic