Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=39981
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 7:44pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Rough Pubs
Posted By: irishmufc
Subject: Rough Pubs
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 9:22pm
Anyone with good rough pub stories or know any local pubs that are dog rough. one of the lads told me he went into this place in claremorris where there was a fella sleeping on the floor when they walked in   . i was in a a couple in carlow before but im sure theres ones in larger built up cities that are alot worse.

jim bowen the snooker fella had a funny gag where he said his local in manchester was so rough, one night a petrol bomb was thrown in but was drank before it could go off

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Replies:
Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 9:28pm
The George!

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 9:29pm
Looked after a pub here in London where I had a gun pulled on me for chucking a coule of lads out!!

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: Rostrevor Fan
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 9:31pm
I mufc there is pub like that at home its that hard of place even the arms of the chsirs have tattoos on them

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Rostrevor Fan Rostrevor Fan wrote:

I mufc there is pub like that at home its that hard of place even the arms of the chsirs have tattoos on them

You might be able to answer me this, are loyalist pubs in the north called 'black pubs' and if so why? ive always wondered that one as i nearly wandered into one in enniskillen before the ex from the north warned me not to go in

-------------

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 10:18pm
worked in a boozer in Spain, seen a fella who was wearing glasses get one lens punched into his eye,another night an English gangster came in, held up the whole pub with a gun and beat the head off one of them African "lucky lucky"  fellas who sell all the fake watches and dvds because he sold him a bad watch!

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Looked after a pub here in London where I had a gun pulled on me for chucking a coule of lads out!!

jesus what happened after that?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

jesus what happened after that?
I closed the pub, handed the keys back to my mate and went to my missus house!!! I wasn't for hanging about

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 10:34pm
I know for a fact id be a sh*tless frozen with fear in a moment like that. This is obviously a stupid question but how did ya react as in did ya plead or stay calm or whatever?

-------------

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 11:04pm
Falling a sleep on the pub floor makes it a rough pub?? Jaysus mate who lives in Liverpool now was well known for crawling up infront off the fire in my local when he was pissed stupid about 2 or 3 in the morning or on a sunday evening after a non stop weekend session while the rest off us kept on supping

Now roughest place I used to work was place called Bob Crachetts in Belfast(think thats the spelling), had a door man shot dead about a year before I worked there and would have all the sandy row druggy scumbags fukkers in mouthing and sh*t, good thing was when the fukers would mouth at me and I mouthed back if they even moved within 2 feet off me the bouncers would kick the living sh*te out of them out the back Cool

Also saw one off the best fights ever in there - happened about 4-5ft away from me when these 2 pretty well built lads started gubbin at each other, one off the mates off 1 ran from about 10 yards away and stuck the sweetest head butt I ever seen on yer man, split his nose completly and blood went everywhere, the lad took it and i reckon bust the jaw off one of them Thumbs Up me stuck there in the middle off it all with glasses piled up in both hands and not one sniff of a punch or anything came my way Cool 

But used to be I reckon on average about 1 maybe 2 fights on a friday night and bout at least 3 on a saturday in there as was pretty much a meat market and lads with the drink/drugs in them would get the angry head on them when they got rejected

-------------

Posted By: Anto
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 11:09pm

one of the lads told me he went into this place in claremorris where there was a fella sleeping on the floor when they walked in   .

hardly makes it a rough pub!

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Falling a sleep on the pub floor makes it a rough pub?? Jaysus mate who lives in Liverpool now was well known for crawling up infront off the fire in my local when he was pissed stupid about 2 or 3 in the morning or on a sunday evening after a non stop weekend session while the rest off us kept on supping

Now roughest place I used to work was place called Bob Crachetts in Belfast(think thats the spelling), had a door man shot dead about a year before I worked there and would have all the sandy row druggy scumbags fukkers in mouthing and sh*t, good thing was when the fukers would mouth at me and I mouthed back if they even moved within 2 feet off me the bouncers would kick the living sh*te out of them out the back Cool

Also saw one off the best fights ever in there - happened about 4-5ft away from me when these 2 pretty well built lads started gubbin at each other, one off the mates off 1 ran from about 10 yards away and stuck the sweetest head butt I ever seen on yer man, split his nose completly and blood went everywhere, the lad took it and i reckon bust the jaw off one of them Thumbs Up me stuck there in the middle off it all with glasses piled up in both hands and not one sniff of a punch or anything came my way Cool 

But used to be I reckon on average about 1 maybe 2 fights on a friday night and bout at least 3 on a saturday in there as was pretty much a meat market and lads with the drink/drugs in them would get the angry head on them when they got rejected

That pub im on about would be rough for a rural town but would be nothing on the place you worked in or any pub where the clientele are off their heads. that ll always be messy. i always feel more safer drinking in late bars/niteclubs in a foreign country than i do in dublin. ive been lucky enough in galway to be fair

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Anto Anto wrote:

one of the lads told me he went into this place in claremorris where there was a fella sleeping on the floor when they walked in   .

its not just because of that but it attracts the biggest alcoholics in the town and its a pub that is known for being rough for a rural town. obviously it wouldnt be on the same scale as pubs in larger urban areas and all that

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 11:33pm

I know for a fact id be a sh*tless frozen with fear in a moment like that. This is obviously a stupid question but how did ya react as in did ya plead or stay calm or whatever?
It hit me ten minutes afterwards to be honest. I was more angry at the two eejits of bouncers who were being paid to prevent this watching on. I locked what was there in and then went 'f**k' poured myself a pint with a large chaser!! I went home for 3 weeks soon after and to be honest I was in two minds coming back

-------------

Posted By: Anto
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 11:41pm

its not just because of that but it attracts the biggest alcoholics in the town and its a pub that is known for being rough for a rural town. obviously it wouldnt be on the same scale as pubs in larger urban areas and all that

What pub is it?

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 11:42pm

What pub is it?
roadtrip!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 12:04am

What pub is it?

i think my mate said the actual name of it was THE LOCAL near Super Valu in the town. he s from claremorris so he d know the pubs well

-------------

Posted By: ShannonHibs10
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 12:17am
The Steering Wheel pub in Southill.Won the Limerick interpub about 5 years ago, trophy hasn't been seen since.   

Same pub were Roy Collins was shot. They refused a 14 year old girl entry.

Now that's Limerick City!

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 12:22am
Very few pubs in centre of
Dublin are rough ESP nightclubs and late bars.

Can't think of any fights I have seen in pubs in town in all the years I am going out here and thats nearly 15 years.

Suburban pubs tend to be rougher although there is a few choice ones in the north inner city.

Rural towns can have much rougher pubs

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: IrishPride
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 12:55am
Mucky Duck in Limerick... Went in there for a pint once while visiting friends. First time in my life ive ever left a public house on my own accord without finishing my pint

-------------
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 1:02am

Anyone with good rough pub stories or know any local pubs that are dog rough. one of the lads told me he went into this place in claremorris where there was a fella sleeping on the floor when they walked in   . i was in a a couple in carlow before but im sure theres ones in larger built up cities that are alot worse.

jim bowen the snooker fella had a funny gag where he said his local in manchester was so rough, one night a petrol bomb was thrown in but was drank before it could go off

Throw out a few names of which pubs your talking about Smile

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 1:08am
Newtown House in darndale looks rough enough, never been in i, but id imagine you wouldnt wanna be outside it on ur own at 1am on a saturday night

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 1:57am
Whichever one is deemed the roughest should be chosen as a ybig meetup.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 7:26am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 7:38am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Throw out a few names of which pubs your talking about Smile

cant remember the name of this one GD but it was right outside John Sweeney Park (rough estate).it was one of those units of a mini shoppin centre with a take away as far as i remember. Mate had coins thrown at him on our way in. nothin happened inside but you could tell it was dog rough and the coke bottles were 2 years out of date with an actual competition to do with the england team at the 02 world cup on the label.

Other one was sheriff o haras near st pats which was grand durin the day but had a rough local crowd on the weekends. one of my mates worked there and he d know more about the craic than me but it was full of alcoholics during the week. 2.50 pints on mondays was good craic though.

Heard the thatch pub in graigue was rough but cant remember if i was in it or not but i think thats because graigue people didnt like carlovians and consider themselves laois. is graigue actually in laois or carlow as the laois sign is past the town?

Dicey rileys apparanetly was supposed to be a rough local rednecks pub at weekends but i was in it once durin the week and it was grand.

Hope none of this offends ya mate as i know your from the area

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 7:58am
Know a couple of rough pubs around belfast where they search you for knives in the way in if they dont find any on you they give you one

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 12:15pm
The Blacker in Coolock has to be one of the roughest - always fighting there every single week.
The Edenmore House for the same reason.
The Players Lounge because the doormen are RIRA and bring trouble to the door.

There was a nightclub in Darndale years ago which was notourously rough.

I know a girl that got shot in there - what happened was that some bloke came in with a sawn off shot gun and tried to shoot the bar man, but the shooter ended up shooting about 10 people at the bar because the lead cartridge just goes everywhere!

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The Blacker in Coolock has to be one of the roughest - always fighting there every single week.
The Edenmore House for the same reason.
The Players Lounge because the doormen are RIRA and bring trouble to the door.

There was a nightclub in Darndale years ago which was notourously rough.

I know a girl that got shot in there - what happened was that some bloke came in with a sawn off shot gun and tried to shoot the bar man, but the shooter ended up shooting about 10 people at the bar because the lead cartridge just goes everywhere!

DNS........Thumbs Down

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 12:23pm
You could make a case for 90% of boozers north of the Liffey
Is the boozer in Corduff still open,multiple shootings in there over the years

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

You could make a case for 90% of boozers north of the Liffey
Is the boozer in Corduff still open,multiple shootings in there over the years

Was just about to post that one, The Corduff Inn its called. Always coppers parked outside the place in case anything kicks off. Serious amount of sh*thole areas around North west Dublin actually, you'd find a serious amount of rough pubs about...

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 1:39pm
@horsebox   that nightclub was called 'tiffanys'..awful spot it was,if you wherent from around the area forget it.didnt help that it was down a lane but at the top of the lane was a settled knackers camp."the edenmore house"is an awful shop now....last week some bloke got dragged into the jacks and beat around with a wheel brace,heard he was left in an awful state....said though cos it was a great shop when it was "euegens"years ago..usual crap happens..decent crowd sell the pub,new manager lets back all the old heads that are barred and the pub slowly goes down the drain.

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Posted By: walsheman
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 1:41pm
the sunset house near croke park??

-------------
Going To The Euro's,Poland and Ukraine 2012 HO HO!!!!

twitter.......@walsheman

Posted By: Metal Paul
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:08pm

Thumbs Up Great idea... if you have a death wish!! Wacko

-------------
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."

Posted By: fochie
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:17pm
One particularly rough night in my "used to be" local I walked in to find the place smashed up with a copper on his knees looking for his Ear.
Mental shop when ye got the wrong crowd.Big smile

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:20pm
Noctors on Sheriff Street Ouch

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by fochie fochie wrote:

One particularly rough night in my "used to be" local I walked in to find the place smashed up with a copper on his knees looking for his Ear.

What's the name of this battler cruiser?

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by walsheman walsheman wrote:

the sunset house near croke park??

the auld boy nearly lost a thumb havin a jar in there years back. flyin pint glasses severed his thumb.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:22pm
My experience of so called Dublin's rough pubs is they are full of dipso oul lads. If you keep yourself to yourself then there is no hassles.

It's pubs full of young fellahs that I'd want to avoid they are the ones that you'd likely get a baiting for nothin. 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Newtown House in darndale looks rough enough, never been in i, but id imagine you wouldnt wanna be outside it on ur own at 1am on a saturday night

Don't live to far from it, its not the worst believe it or not.

Few in Edenmore can be rough enough the sta house raheny on a sat can be dog rough sometimes.

The chancery on the quaysLOL My Jaysus that can be rough,Especially in the morning.LOL

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:29pm

[QUOTE=fochie]One particularly rough night in my "used to be" local I walked in to find the place smashed up with a copper on his knees looking for his Ear.

That was The Concorde in Edenmore Horsebox,

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:30pm

That's my local Embarrassed.

In fairness I only ever go there for a few cheeky pints. And wouldn't be there at night time.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:31pm

[QUOTE=fochie]One particularly rough night in my "used to be" local I walked in to find the place smashed up with a copper on his knees looking for his Ear.

That was The Concorde in Edenmore Horsebox,

No way when was that?
I've been drinking there the last few years and never seen any bother in there - if you exclude Anto Behan LOL.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:34pm
Jaysus is he still Goin? Have got a EURO?LOL
Yeah that was about 8/9 years ago the "doasyoulikeys" got in for a few weeks.

Posted By: BaileNuisBhoy
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:45pm
Holly hill inn on corks north side ]

-------------
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!

Posted By: AndyMc
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 4:25pm
Gibney's in Malahide

-------------
Simon: No-one brings a bag of sh*t to a pub

Jay: Your dad does

Simon: Does he?

Jay: Yeah, your mum

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 4:31pm
Been with a few birds with rough pubes alright, caught unawares they'd be falling for my charm that night and failed to prepare.

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 4:50pm
How has no one coped the title of the thread LOL

Posted By: kevjreilly
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 4:55pm
Ah good aul anto behan, some family.
Concorde is a grand place these days.
My aul lad still drinks in Eugenes but most of his mates refuse to go in there cause of the bad crowd, only really old edenmore folk go in there for a few drinks. I do be in eugenes after dublin matches and its grand but wouldnt go in for a few on a tuesday or anything.

Donaghmede Inn is a nice boozer, use to be awful years ago.

As for the Newton House, so Horsebox but wouldnt go near it

-------------
Read it 3 times before posting

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 5:14pm
Shave them off meself

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Was wondering this myself LOL

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 5:17pm

-------------

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 5:19pm
The Maldron at Tallaght stadium. Full of riff raff Thumbs Down

-------------
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG

Posted By: Metal Paul
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 5:53pm
Who changed the thread title?? 

-------------
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 6:27pm

Don't live to far from it, its not the worst believe it or not.

Few in Edenmore can be rough enough the sta house raheny on a sat can be dog rough sometimes.

The chancery on the quaysLOL My Jaysus that can be rough,Especially in the morning.LOL

I drink there on a Sunday and has been getting steadily worse. Some lad had his ear glassed off about 3 weeks ago. Have drank in The Concorde a bit and has been grand. I know all the Dawsons so Im pretty safe!!

Campions in Balgriffin can be rather intimidating!

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 6:32pm
The Station House always had a rough element to it.
A friend of mine got stabbed in the throat about 10 years ago.
A good few years ago one of the bouncers was chasing some bloke around the place with a machete on a Sunday afternoon with the place packed with kids,

Sunday nights years ago the place use to packed whereby people would have to queue for hours from all parts of Dublin - there would always be fights as well.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by BaileNuisBhoy BaileNuisBhoy wrote:

Holly hill inn on corks north side ]

Not too mention the fob and Gill aka the rob and kill!!

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

That just across from Liverpool street station, been in there a few times. Full of bankers with a capital W.Not the worst pub in the city though

-------------

Posted By: Black Knee Stevie
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 6:50pm

You might be able to answer me this, are loyalist pubs in the north called 'black pubs' and if so why? ive always wondered that one as i nearly wandered into one in enniskillen before the ex from the north warned me not to go in

Loyalist areas are called black holes, dunno why, think it's if ya go in, your not comin back out. They are also called black ******** and always wondered this myself, is it because of the black institute (gay fraternity) or black and tans?

But there is also a term Black Irish, dunno if its derogatory or what but it's used to in reference to us, Irish Irish. It could mean Black haired Irish, as one in three Irish are from the sons of a spanish king or just outcast Irish. In OZ O'Reily says to yer man, where the same me and you, black irish. 

Don't know if it makes any sense, its been a long day. But let me know if ya ever find outThumbs Up  

-------------
It is not just a simple game, it is a weapon of the revolution

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 6:53pm
The roughest pub i was ever in was recently in south armagh called " the decommisioned arms"

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 6:55pm
See a lot more fights in Donegal Town than I do in dublin

Posted By: daboi89
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 7:00pm

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Was wondering this myself LOL

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 7:36pm
Ha ha some fecker changed it my title. fixed now.

One of my mates went to college in maynooth and his flatemate went to some pub in ballymun with a local from the area he was friendly through teaching with.he said it was so rough you could only order your drink of a bouncer who d go to the bar and he d order it off the barman nd give you back your change. Basically you could go nowhere near the bar.Havent a clue of the name and the lad who said it to me wouldnt be a bullsh*t type so im assuming its true

-------------

Posted By: SuperDub
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 8:35pm

Newtown House in darndale looks rough enough, never been in i, but id imagine you wouldnt wanna be outside it on ur own at 1am on a saturday night<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

I have been in the Newtown House on a number of occasions and I found it no different to any other pub, Good bar staff and the regulars seem sound enough. I was in Messer Maguires last Christmas and I didn't feel comfortable, the place is really rundown and some of the clientele looked really dodgy.

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 9:20pm
The bottom of the hill in finglas......kiiiiiiip!

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 9:26pm

Ha ha some fecker changed it my title. fixed now.

One of my mates went to college in maynooth and his flatemate went to some pub in ballymun with a local from the area he was friendly through teaching with.he said it was so rough you could only order your drink of a bouncer who d go to the bar and he d order it off the barman nd give you back your change. Basically you could go nowhere near the bar.Havent a clue of the name and the lad who said it to me wouldnt be a bullsh*t type so im assuming its true

Probably The Towers

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

The bottom of the hill in finglas......kiiiiiiip!

Kip is an understatement

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: Joe Stalin
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 9:26pm
Someone mentioned the steering wheel pub in Limerick - I was in there about 20 years ago on the way back from an under-age football match, a few of us went in there for a piss. Inside were a load of oul lads watching porn on the big screen....

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

Someone mentioned the steering wheel pub in Limerick - I was in there about 20 years ago on the way back from an under-age football match, a few of us went in there for a piss. Inside were a load of oul lads watching porn on the big screen....

LOL fcukin hell. watching porn had to be a communal thing in the 80's i suppose. thank god we live in the internet porn age

czechstreets.com Clap (went onto this by accident one night thinking it was a street guide to prague) dont worry i clicked straight off (after half an hour) Cool 

-------------

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 10:40pm

The roughest pub i was ever in was recently in south armagh called " the decommisioned arms"

LOL

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: harry
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 11:25pm
Jaysus i was going to post up a couple but after reading the last few pages they make some of the roughest pubs in Kerry seem like 5 star taverns!

Posted By: Le God
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 12:51am
Its a grand spot when rovers are and bohs are not playing

-------------
Its Torun for me!!

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 7:34am
Originally posted by harry harry wrote:

Jaysus i was going to post up a couple but after reading the last few pages they make some of the roughest pubs in Kerry seem like 5 star taverns!

The pubs i was in were nothing compared to some of the ones the lads were going on about. one of my mates was saying if we think some irish housing estates are rough, you should see some of the ones in england

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 8:47am

Originally posted by harry harry wrote:

The pubs i was in were nothing compared to some of the ones the lads were going on about. one of my mates was saying if we think some irish housing estates are rough, you should see some of the ones in england

We haven't a patch on the Brits when it comes to rough pubs. Some of the scummy pubs I have ventured into over there are unreal, a lot like shameless but worse.

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: AndyMc
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 9:10am
How has nobody mentioned Finches

-------------
Simon: No-one brings a bag of sh*t to a pub

Jay: Your dad does

Simon: Does he?

Jay: Yeah, your mum

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 10:09am
Originally posted by AndyMc AndyMc wrote:

The one in mulhudart? They change the name every few years?
Whitestown house is another dump as is the Cardiff in finglas.

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 10:58am
The bottom of the hill in Finglas is rough and can compete with rough pubs anywhere. Walked in their with a Dublin friend and he said jokingly, but loudly, 'keep the accent down'. The pub seemed to turn and look at me. We left.

Have been in some corkers in England.One in Birmingham on derby day where they were doing coke on the pool table at 10 in the morning was probably the best. You know it has a great chance of being a rough boozer here when there is a sign that says 'shirts must be worn in the bar at ll times'.

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

The one in mulhudart? They change the name every few years?
Whitestown house is another dump as is the Cardiff in finglas.

Finches is in Clondalkin. The one in Mulhuddart is called Paidi Ogs now. Was is and always will be a kip regardless what name is over the door

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 12:29pm

That just across from Liverpool street station, been in there a few times. Full of bankers with a capital W.Not the worst pub in the city though

Ha that's funny, I found the pic randomly cos it ties in well with the Rough Pubs/Pubes title LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 12:55pm

Ha that's funny, I found the pic randomly cos it ties in well with the Rough Pubs/Pubes title LOL
Really busy pub!!Don't bring an old doll in on Thursday nights.cavemen in suits!!

-------------

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 1:24pm
newtown house is grand....even though im from around there ive never seen a row in it in my life....great place for the stick though...and i have to say they serve a great pint of heineken.

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 3:24pm

Is that the one in Neilstown? Always wanted a sup in there when I worked close by.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 10:26am
bump

We'd a couple of pints in The Bottom Of The Hill in Finglas after we came down from the fans game in Belfast. Bouncer on the door and it was only 6 in the evening .

Guinness was lovely

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 10:38am

bump

We'd a couple of pints in The Bottom Of The Hill in Finglas after we came down from the fans game in Belfast. Bouncer on the door and it was only 6 in the evening .

Guinness was lovely

That's not early for there. Normally a bouncer on the door from when it opens. Only pub in Finglas village that's like that

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Is that the one in Neilstown? Always wanted a sup in there when I worked close by.

It's in Clondalkin, absolute dive of a place.
The Ramble Inn in killester is a bit if dump as well.

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

bump

Guinness was lovely

That's not early for there. Normally a bouncer on the door from when it opens. Only pub in Finglas village that's like that

Clientele were rough enough looking but there was 4 of us anyway. One of them asked me in the jacks what the story with the bags we had. Told him we beat Northern Ireland fans team up in Belfast so he seemed to be happy enough with us.

He was definitely a shinner

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 11:01am

bump

Guinness was lovely

Clientele were rough enough looking but there was 4 of us anyway. One of them asked me in the jacks what the story with the bags we had. Told him we beat Northern Ireland fans team up in Belfast so he seemed to be happy enough with us.

He was definitely a shinner

Can't say I'm too surprised given certain links that pub supposedly has

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 11:09am
Yah I'd say Finglas is a big Sinn Fein area. To be fair we didn't get any hassle

-------------

Posted By: EastStandMan
Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 11:17am
The old white horse in drimnagh - about two years before it closed and changed hands the place was a madhouse . If ya had two ears in there you were considered a fairy , and more than likely ""corrected"". Till robbed off the counter daily and the thieves hot footed across the bridge and in to the square . Lads used to order a round and just stare at the barman till he walked away without being payed . Unfortunate cos prior to that the bar was a good working class watering hole . 

-------------
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 11:25am

Yah I'd say Finglas is a big Sinn Fein area. To be fair we didn't get any hassle

I wasn't talking about Finglas as a whole more so that particular pub if you get my drift

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 2:22pm

I wasn't talking about Finglas as a whole more so that particular pub if you get my drift

Oh I know. That's what I mean't. Any time I was in rough parts of Dublin, I never got hassle.Everybody gets tarred with the same brush if they're from a socially deprived area

-------------

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 2:31pm
Whats the roughest Dublin inner city pub ?

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 2:36pm
The Sunset Inn in Ballybough would be up there alright. Not too sure if it's still open

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 2:41pm
Slightly out of the centre though.

The Parnell Mooney is (was?) a rough spot too. Murray's on top of O'Connell Street isn't the greatest, either.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 2:43pm

The Sunset Inn in Ballybough would be up there alright. Not too sure if it's still open

Used to work around Amiens St. so drank a good bit around that area.Was in that spot once seemed Ok

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 2:54pm
Never would have considered Murray's or the Parnell Mooney as rough.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 2:58pm
Didn't think Murrays would be that rough tbh.Was actually gonna head in for a pint a couple of weeks ago but went to Grogans (best pub in Dublin) instead

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 3:09pm
Murray ain't rough ,rougher spots about.That place seems to change names every  few years

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 3:12pm
Walked out of Murray's a few weeks back as everyone was eating fancy grub above my budget, hardly rough!

Posted By: Patman Scoop
Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 3:13pm
Parnell Mooney is all done up , its a lovely spot now , rooftop terrace for a sunny day  and smashing food  menu Thumbs Up

-------------
Why no wine??!

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 3:14pm

Sunset House is still open. Work beside it, very rough

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

It's in Clondalkin, absolute dive of a place.
The Ramble Inn in killester is a bit if dump as well.
Yeah it's beside Neilstown,Rowlagh..both are in Clondalkin

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net