You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rough Pubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 12:22am
Very few pubs in centre of
Dublin are rough ESP nightclubs and late bars.

Can't think of any fights I have seen in pubs in town in all the years I am going out here and thats nearly 15 years.

Suburban pubs tend to be rougher although there is a few choice ones in the north inner city.

Rural towns can have much rougher pubs
AKA pedantic kunt
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 12:55am
Mucky Duck in Limerick... Went in there for a pint once while visiting friends. First time in my life ive ever left a public house on my own accord without finishing my pint
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 1:02am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Anyone with good rough pub stories or know any local pubs that are dog rough. one of the lads told me he went into this place in claremorris where there was a fella sleeping on the floor when they walked in   . i was in a a couple in carlow before but im sure theres ones in larger built up cities that are alot worse.

jim bowen the snooker fella had a funny gag where he said his local in manchester was so rough, one night a petrol bomb was thrown in but was drank before it could go off

Throw out a few names of which pubs your talking about Smile

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 1:08am
Newtown House in darndale looks rough enough, never been in i, but id imagine you wouldnt wanna be outside it on ur own at 1am on a saturday night
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 1:57am
Whichever one is deemed the roughest should be chosen as a ybig meetup.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 7:26am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 7:38am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Anyone with good rough pub stories or know any local pubs that are dog rough. one of the lads told me he went into this place in claremorris where there was a fella sleeping on the floor when they walked in   . i was in a a couple in carlow before but im sure theres ones in larger built up cities that are alot worse.

jim bowen the snooker fella had a funny gag where he said his local in manchester was so rough, one night a petrol bomb was thrown in but was drank before it could go off

Throw out a few names of which pubs your talking about Smile

cant remember the name of this one GD but it was right outside John Sweeney Park (rough estate).it was one of those units of a mini shoppin centre with a take away as far as i remember. Mate had coins thrown at him on our way in. nothin happened inside but you could tell it was dog rough and the coke bottles were 2 years out of date with an actual competition to do with the england team at the 02 world cup on the label.

Other one was sheriff o haras near st pats which was grand durin the day but had a rough local crowd on the weekends. one of my mates worked there and he d know more about the craic than me but it was full of alcoholics during the week. 2.50 pints on mondays was good craic though.

Heard the thatch pub in graigue was rough but cant remember if i was in it or not but i think thats because graigue people didnt like carlovians and consider themselves laois. is graigue actually in laois or carlow as the laois sign is past the town?

Dicey rileys apparanetly was supposed to be a rough local rednecks pub at weekends but i was in it once durin the week and it was grand.

Hope none of this offends ya mate as i know your from the area

Edited by irishmufc - 06 Jul 2012 at 7:44am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 7:58am
Know a couple of rough pubs around belfast where they search you for knives in the way in if they dont find any on you they give you one
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 12:15pm
The Blacker in Coolock has to be one of the roughest - always fighting there every single week.
The Edenmore House for the same reason.
The Players Lounge because the doormen are RIRA and bring trouble to the door.

There was a nightclub in Darndale years ago which was notourously rough.

I know a girl that got shot in there - what happened was that some bloke came in with a sawn off shot gun and tried to shoot the bar man, but the shooter ended up shooting about 10 people at the bar because the lead cartridge just goes everywhere!

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The Blacker in Coolock has to be one of the roughest - always fighting there every single week.
The Edenmore House for the same reason.
The Players Lounge because the doormen are RIRA and bring trouble to the door.

There was a nightclub in Darndale years ago which was notourously rough.

I know a girl that got shot in there - what happened was that some bloke came in with a sawn off shot gun and tried to shoot the bar man, but the shooter ended up shooting about 10 people at the bar because the lead cartridge just goes everywhere!

DNS........Thumbs Down
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 12:23pm
You could make a case for 90% of boozers north of the Liffey
Is the boozer in Corduff still open,multiple shootings in there over the years
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

You could make a case for 90% of boozers north of the Liffey
Is the boozer in Corduff still open,multiple shootings in there over the years

Was just about to post that one, The Corduff Inn its called. Always coppers parked outside the place in case anything kicks off. Serious amount of sh*thole areas around North west Dublin actually, you'd find a serious amount of rough pubs about...
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 1:39pm
@horsebox   that nightclub was called 'tiffanys'..awful spot it was,if you wherent from around the area forget it.didnt help that it was down a lane but at the top of the lane was a settled knackers camp."the edenmore house"is an awful shop now....last week some bloke got dragged into the jacks and beat around with a wheel brace,heard he was left in an awful state....said though cos it was a great shop when it was "euegens"years ago..usual crap happens..decent crowd sell the pub,new manager lets back all the old heads that are barred and the pub slowly goes down the drain.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
walsheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walsheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 1:41pm
the sunset house near croke park??
Going To The Euro's,Poland and Ukraine 2012 HO HO!!!!

twitter.......@walsheman

Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Thumbs Up Great idea... if you have a death wish!! Wacko
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:17pm
One particularly rough night in my "used to be" local I walked in to find the place smashed up with a copper on his knees looking for his Ear.
Mental shop when ye got the wrong crowd.Big smile
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:20pm
Noctors on Sheriff Street Ouch
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by fochie fochie wrote:

One particularly rough night in my "used to be" local I walked in to find the place smashed up with a copper on his knees looking for his Ear.
Mental shop when ye got the wrong crowd.Big smile

What's the name of this battler cruiser?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
  Share Topic