You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 239240241242243 286>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 1:05pm
Deadwood is due a rewatch for me anyway. Just the three seasons and it didn't have time to jump the shark because it was taken off the air before its time. Not many shows with such depth of great characters and there's always a lot of interesting moving parts. The dialogue is incredibly well crafted. You have the most morally bankrupt characters coming out with the most beautiful, poetic, Shakespearian monologues. The fart humour is also on point. đź‘Ś
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Lost had some good seasons but the final two were extremely muddled as they got deeper and deeper into mythology which made little sense and which they had no interest in paying off. There are also some really stupid 'bait and switch' things which had really little payoff. 

If they ended it with Season 4 it would be looked back on far more fondly. The characters are really well written for the most part. 

Walking Dead is not worth bothering with. The first few seasons are very up and down, you could end up sitting though 5 episodes of literal walking to get to one episode where some stuff actually happens. After about season 6 it goes off the rails completely.

If its sci fi you are looking for - try Dark on Netflix. Watch it subbed.
12 Monkeys (the tv remake) is actually really good too, if you can make it through an admittedly poor first season. 
Mr Robot another good one.

Yep have watched Dark and Mr.Robot fantastic. Might go with Lost ;-)
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 1:21pm
Just finished a German mini series called "Dark Woods" on the All4 player. Crime/Drama about a series of murders in the late 80s that are left unsolved for 30 years based on a true story. Really enjoyed it.

The All4 player has a lot of less heard of foreign films and series that are worth checking out.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 3:30pm
Rewatching Peaky Blinders at the moment, forgot the likes of Paddy Considine and Brian Gleeson are in it. Dodgy accents aside it's just as good second time around!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

DNA on bbc iPlayer danish crime drama - very good  3 episode in

Is this the French/Polish one. Interested to hear what you think of the ending

Enjoyable though a couple of major plot holes and we both guessed how it ended but decent watch 

Have to see what else is on the iPlayer but I highly recommend the Paris 1900 crime series mentioned it before but very underrated 

Must check it out, Is it many episodes? Cant commit to long series at the momentLOL

Think DNA and Paris are about 8 number 

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I’m 3 episodes into Euphoria. It’s a fairly saucy but dystopian drama set in a US high school. The main protagonist is a serious drug addict. It’s well shot and seems to have a big budget. The soundtrack is deadly. 

Absolutely mental at times, but a great series. Season 2 just finished a few weeks ago.

Started watching last week. Mental is right. I don’t know how they are getting away with the explicitness of the sexual scenes in it. The fat guy on the webcam being most severe LOL.
And funny thing is my 11 year old daughter had seen the show on tictok and was asking if she could watch it so I said I would give it a watch first and see how bad it is. Safe to say she will not watching it until she is 18 and if I had my way, never at all LOL

But very good show about 6 episodes in

Edited by t_rAndy - 22 Mar 2022 at 3:44pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Rewatching Peaky Blinders at the moment, forgot the likes of Paddy Considine and Brian Gleeson are in it. Dodgy accents aside it's just as good second time around!

New season is terrible 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 4:06pm
Lost interest in it at the end of the series before this and haven't watched this one
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 4:09pm
New season may have jumped the shark, as ' Killing Eve ' final season also looks like doing. Even the very best series have a shelf life. Watching ' The Sopranos ' currently, fourth time now I think, gets better with every viewing.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Watched the book of boba fett over the weekend, it got a few bad reviews so was sceptical of it, but really enjoyed it.

Looking forward to Obi-Wan starting this week.

I'm also thinking of starting either Lost or Walking Dead not sure which.  

Sorry to break it to ya, but it's the 25th of May it's being released.
You got me a bit excited saying it was out this week so had to double check, now I know how you feel.
The dark side.. And the light
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 4:45pm
What’s all this “jumping the shark” about?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Towards the end of Happy Days viewer numbers were down, so a storyline had the Fonz jump a shark. Seems to be where it lost all realism, so that's where the phrase has come from.
Series create more elaborate storylines, but that's when you can tell it's coming to an end.

Edited by darmack - 22 Mar 2022 at 4:50pm
The dark side.. And the light
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I’m 3 episodes into Euphoria. It’s a fairly saucy but dystopian drama set in a US high school. The main protagonist is a serious drug addict. It’s well shot and seems to have a big budget. The soundtrack is deadly. 

Absolutely mental at times, but a great series. Season 2 just finished a few weeks ago.

Started watching last week. Mental is right. I don’t know how they are getting away with the explicitness of the sexual scenes in it. The fat guy on the webcam being most severe LOL.
And funny thing is my 11 year old daughter had seen the show on tictok and was asking if she could watch it so I said I would give it a watch first and see how bad it is. Safe to say she will not watching it until she is 18 and if I had my way, never at all LOL

My young lad who just turned 13 wants to watch it. He says his mates are watching it and recommended it.

Edited by horsebox - 22 Mar 2022 at 5:05pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Towards the end of Happy Days viewer numbers were down, so a storyline had the Fonz jump a shark. Seems to be where it lost all realism, so that's where the phrase has come from.
Series create more elaborate storylines, but that's when you can tell it's coming to an end.

👍where you up at the Blue Light on Paddy’s day?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

My young lad who just turned 13 wants to watch it. He says his mates are watching it and recommended it.

I can see why teenagers would like it as there is plenty of sex and teenager themes throughout but there is also plenty of adult erect penis scenes to contend with so if you would rather not expose him to that then best to keep him clear of it
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 4:08am
I really wouldn't advise letting anyone under 16 watch it tbh. I don't think I've ever seen a series with erect flutes in it but it's a regular enough occurrence in Euphoria LOL

Finally got around to starting Dopesick. 2 episodes in and it's been good so far.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 10:04am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Watched the book of boba fett over the weekend, it got a few bad reviews so was sceptical of it, but really enjoyed it.

Looking forward to Obi-Wan starting this week.

I'm also thinking of starting either Lost or Walking Dead not sure which.  

Sorry to break it to ya, but it's the 25th of May it's being released.
You got me a bit excited saying it was out this week so had to double check, now I know how you feel.

Ah balls , my apologies
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 10:29am
Seeing how feral teenagers, particularly girls, are whenever there's a festival around town that doesn't coincide on a school night, I'd say a TV show is the least of their worries. They have laptops. They probably see worse than TV show nudity.

I wouldn't want mine watching that stuff, but I don't think it makes any difference unless you take away their phones and laptops as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 239240241242243 286>
  Share Topic