You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 199200201202203 286>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 9:55am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I hung in there and finished Your Honour. What a load of bollox. It had potential but the plot development was ridiculous. The ending was shiiiiiiite as well. 

On episode 7

I wanted the young fella who got blamed for the hit and run to stay alive, thought it would have been better for the storyline. 
Its starting to get a bit ridiculous
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 10:45am

I hung in there and finished Your Honour. What a load of bollox. It had potential but the plot development was ridiculous. The ending was shiiiiiiite as well. 

Got through the first two episodes, was considering watching more but you’ve made up my mind.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

On episode 7

I wanted the young fella who got blamed for the hit and run to stay alive, thought it would have been better for the storyline. 

Ah definitely not watching more after that spoiler LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 11:02am
LOL
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 12:13pm

Yeah, finished it over the weekend. Ultimately well filmed and acted but a ridiculous plot. Can see the pitch. "We'll get Bryan Cranston to reprise Walter White and be this outwardly stand up pillar of the community guy who's really a manipulate sh1t once you scratch the surface. The rest can take care of itself."
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 12:31pm
The series Smother on RTE 1 has some truly terrible acting in it.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 12:37am
Allen vs. Farrow

The woody Allen allegations from the side of Farrow’s. It is one sided but it’s been mostly woody’s story until now and how anyone could doubt what a peado he is is beyond me. 
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 9:28am
I thought the exact same. All I ever knew about it was that he ran off with her grown up adopted daughter. Absolutely horrendous and shocking that he got away with this!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

I thought the exact same. All I ever knew about it was that he ran off with her grown up adopted daughter. Absolutely horrendous and shocking that he got away with this!

Yeah I had always known he was accused of something in a closet or attic with his young adopted child but the narrative was that Mia Farrow had concocted it as a scorn woman after he ran off with her adult adopted child. But the video recording of the young daughter detailing what Allen did to her in the attic, you don't/can't coach your daughter to recount it in that way. I was still on the fence while watching the first episode or 2 saying "this is a hatchet job, it's one sided, maybe he's just a bit odd and his movie themes about age gap relationships are just a coincidence ", but when I seen that recording it just completely shines the light that he is a sick f**k. And defo now can't be trusted that his relationship with the adult daughter didn't start much earlier when she was in high school which was.very convenient story he told. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 27 Mar 2021 at 10:26am
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 12:56pm
Celebrities in Hollywood worship Roman Polanski and Woody Allen, a lot of have even campaigned on the former's behalf.

It does kind of rankle that they expect anyone to take their opinions on politics and social issues seriously when they endorse child molesters.

The same people all knew what Harvey Weinstein was doing for the last 20 or 30 years and still worked with him and took smiling photos with him but dropped him like a bad habit as soon as it would hurt their optics.

And Weinstein, as far as I know, slept with adult women or tried to coerce adult women. It's hardly equitable treatment considering the crimes, is it?

It makes me sick TBH. Alec Baldwin and Sean Penn have repeatedly racially abused people and committed acts of domestic violence against their families and they still have a platform for people to listen to them talk about stuff they have no concept of.

Sean Penn absolutely battered Madonna for crying out loud!

TL; DR The Hollywood celebrity worship of Woody Allen sums up everything I despise about actors ethics and morals.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 5:13pm
I had no idea Penn was married to Madonna or the assault allegations. So I googled it and can only find Madonna denying it.  

It would damage this forums' reputation
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I had no idea Penn was married to Madonna or the assault allegations. So I googled it and can only find Madonna denying it.  

Unfortunately pretty common. Look at the recent Football's Darkest Secret thread. Andy Woodward wrote a letter supporting Barry Bennell after he abused him.

According to a report she filed with the Malibu sheriff's office, he held her captive for 9 hours, repeatedly struck her, and forced her to perform a sex act on him.

So you can add rapist to wifebeater and racist.

http://weminoredinfilm.com/2015/03/24/about-that-one-time-sean-penn-tied-madonna-to-a-chair-tormented-her-for-hours/

And Hollywood is so twisted that people like this scrote (his face literally looks like a scrotum) are given a platform to preach utter nonsense about social issues and politics every time a Republican is in office before doing what they always do and hibernating whenever a Democrat is in office - as if all the world's ills magically go away when this is the case.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 27 Mar 2021 at 5:28pm
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 2:05am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

On episode 7

Ffs man Angry
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 2:07am
Arrested Development

Lucille Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 5:33pm
a Wild Irish year - excellent production 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 10:30pm
Started Fargo after finishing Mad Men.

Pretty strong start it must be said and I'm invested into where it goes from here.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Started Fargo after finishing Mad Men.

Pretty strong start it must be said and I'm invested into where it goes from here.
Definitely one of my favourite programmes. It manages to be hilarious and intriguing at the same time, an incredibly difficult combination to balance.
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 9:07am
Finished The One on Netflix. Not really sure what to make of it. Think I just finished it off for the sake of it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 199200201202203 286>
  Share Topic