You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 197198199200201 286>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 1:17pm
On to Season 6 of Mad Men.

There is no reason why that show should have been stretched out to 7 seasons.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Ah, apologies, misread it! I enjoyed it but I only half remembered the story so found it interesting. 
No bother. The story was interesting, but it was, like so many things now, several episodes too long and the attempt at making the main police officer's character more interesting failed a good bit. 
They could have done a 90 minute film that would have done the story better justice.

All fair comments! One of the episodes on particular was completely needless. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 3:33pm
first 2 episodes of Your Honor. Probably won’t get critical acclaim but I like how it’s rolling so far
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 9:57pm
Ive watched a few episodes of Peep show for the 1st time recently. I always thought it was not great for no real reason. Its actually quite good. I wanna see more of it now..
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:26am
A heads up for anyone who watched Deutschland 83 and Deutschland 86, Deutschland 89 starts on More 4 tomorrow night. All episodes on the All 4 app..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:39am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Ive watched a few episodes of Peep show for the 1st time recently. I always thought it was not great for no real reason. Its actually quite good. I wanna see more of it now..

It's both critically acclaimed and a cult classic. Stick with it and I'm sure you will be going from quite good to f**king awesome
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 1:08am
Definitely. Nine series of it, Mitchell and Webb at their finest and great supporting characters like Super Hans ,Johnson and Dobbie to name but a few.

Edited by Green Cockade - 05 Mar 2021 at 7:21pm
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Definitely. Nine series of it, Mitchell and Webb at their finest and great supporting characters like Super Hans ,Johnson and Donnie to name but a few.

Brilliant show. Mad to think the creator, Jesse Armstrong, has gone on to make Succession on HBO which is absolute genius. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

A heads up for anyone who watched Deutschland 83 and Deutschland 86, Deutschland 89 starts on More 4 tomorrow night. All episodes on the All 4 app..

Thanks for the heads up. 

Would give zero zero zero 7/10. Very hard to like any of the characters. 

Enjoying the investigation on bbc iplayer which dramatised the Denmark submarine murder. Again 7/10
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. 

Enjoying the investigvvation on bbc iplayer which dramatised the Denmark submarine murder. Again 7/10

Next on the list - halfway through man in room 301
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 7:59pm

Rewatched 83 and 86 over last two weeks in prep for this, really is a great show. 

Actually didn't enjoy 86 first time round but really enjoyed it on the rewatching 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. 

Enjoying the investigvvation on bbc iplayer which dramatised the Denmark submarine murder. Again 7/10

Next on the list - halfway through man in room 301
It's not great, NR. 3 episodes too long and no depth to any of the characters. 
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Rewatched 83 and 86 over last two weeks in prep for this, really is a great show. 

Actually didn't enjoy 86 first time round but really enjoyed it on the rewatching 

I agree that 86 was hard to get into initially but it ended very well. Looking forward to seeing how it ends out
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 9:25pm
Bloodlands on BBC1

Probably one of the worst dramas I’ve ever watched 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 9:36pm

Loved 83, not so much 86.

Hopefully this one with the Berlin Wall etc will be better.

Soundtrack does be class.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 8:40am
Just finished Behind Her Eyes on netflix. Well worth a watch and is only 6 episodes so not a massive commitment. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Loved 83, not so much 86.

I thought it was the football ma’s you went for not their granny’s 
AKA pedantic kunt
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Bloodlands on BBC1

Probably one of the worst dramas I’ve ever watched 

Really?

It was done by Jed Mercurio who did Bodyguard and Line of Duty so I have high hopes....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 197198199200201 286>
  Share Topic