You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 183184185186187 286>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Done a re-watch of the Pine Barrons episode (S3 e11) from the Sopranos. 

Considered the best episode from The Sopranos, which is sayin something cause it has some amazing episodes. Some of the best tv ever made. 

Paulie: You're not gonna believe this. He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians. The guy was an interior decorator.

Christopher: His house looked like sh*t.

Brilliant episode directed by Steve Bucsemi too. After Tony, Paulie and Chris were the two best characters in the show and they were at their best in that episode. Gonna have to watch it again! Chris: He's out there somewhere he's stalking us  Paulie: With what his c*ck?

I never watched this before and just finished season one.
It’s okay but I’m not sure it has stood the test of time.

Does it get better on S2 / S3?

Yes and yes it gets better every season.  The greatest tv series of all time Pine Barrons is probably the best episode of the whole lot but it's a work of collective genius.  Gets even better when Tony is murdered in series 2 

Edited by Baldrick - 15 Dec 2020 at 10:00am
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I know i'm incredibly late to the party but 5 seasons in and think its brilliant

Be careful, some on here are not fans. 

Personally I love it! Was in Philly earlier this year and went to the dive bar which gave them inspiration for the plot. Was good fun
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I know i'm incredibly late to the party but 5 seasons in and think its brilliant

Be careful, some on here are not fans. 

Personally I love it! Was in Philly earlier this year and went to the dive bar which gave them inspiration for the plot. Was good fun

Yeah, never got it myself. Very predictable and repetitive. Think i gave it 3 seasons. 

Yer man screaming did my head in. Actually, i dont think there are any characters in it that i found i liked. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 2:08pm
The first season is very patchy - but once DeVito enters the fray from S2 onwards it's pretty great. Season 5 probably the best. "The Waitress Is Getting Married" is one of the funniest 20 minutes of tv you're likely to find.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 2:25pm
Watching the US office again. Way better than the UK version. 

Thi
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

The first season is very patchy - but once DeVito enters the fray from S2 onwards it's pretty great. Season 5 probably the best. "The Waitress Is Getting Married" is one of the funniest 20 minutes of tv you're likely to find.
The Gang gets whacked when they got to the horse track my favourite of the ones i've seen so far.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 4:15pm
Nearly finished Trailer Park Boys. It's braindead stuff but very good all the same
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Nearly finished Trailer Park Boys. It's braindead stuff but very good all the same

Lahey is one of the greatest fictional characters of all time. Up there with Super Hans.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 11:07pm
Just finished watching Bob Geldof on WB Yeats A Fanatic Heart.

Worth watching thought provoking viewing.

It was originally on BBC 4 and is available on catchup.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 11:47pm
Murder on Middle Beach Road on Sky Crime. 4 part doc made by the son of a murder victim. Wealthy family with a few skeletons in the closet. Everyone is a suspect. Have watched 2 episodes. Very good so far.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 12:00am
'I love you, now die, the commonwealth vs. Michelle Carter.

On sky crime. Interesting courtroom doc movie split in two parts. 
About a young girl 17 on trial for involuntary manslaughter after her 18 year old boyfriend killed himself but on his phone messages they found that the two of them had been texting and talking about him killing himself and she had encouraged it 
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 1:06am

'I love you, now die, the commonwealth vs. Michelle Carter.

On sky crime. Interesting courtroom doc movie split in two parts. 
About a young girl 17 on trial for involuntary manslaughter after her 18 year old boyfriend killed himself but on his phone messages they found that the two of them had been texting and talking about him killing himself and she had encouraged it 

I saw that before. Very good. I'm watching the Netflix doc on Aaron Hernandez. Like most of these crime docs, it's interesting and mad in equal measure.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 9:57pm
Planning on watching a lot of tv over the next few weeks so looking for things to watch, what would ye say is the most enjoyable show ye have ever watched? 

I’d say Breaking Bad, Fargo and Line of Duty are my top 3, possibly forgetting a couple though. Hopefully there will be a few we haven’t seen on people’s lists! 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Planning on watching a lot of tv over the next few weeks so looking for things to watch, what would ye say is the most enjoyable show ye have ever watched? 

I’d say Breaking Bad, Fargo and Line of Duty are my top 3, possibly forgetting a couple though. Hopefully there will be a few we haven’t seen on people’s lists! 

I re-did Breaking Bad and absolutely loved it and raped it a second time, even the first season which some people find hard to get by and that I thought at the time was not as good but on second watch, way more appreciated. 

Me and the missus restarting sopranos.  Only watched it one time so even when some people talk about a specific scene or episode I cant really fully remember. But really loved it first time around so I'm sure will be just as good

Edited by t_rAndy - 23 Dec 2020 at 10:05pm
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 10:08pm
half started watching the sopranos a while back and was loving it, just not on Netflix or Amazon which is a pain. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 10:12pm

I re-did Breaking Bad and absolutely loved it and raped it a second time, even the first season which some people find hard to get by and that I thought at the time was not as good but on second watch, way more appreciated. 

Me and the missus restarting sopranos.  Only watched it one time so even when some people talk about a specific scene or episode I cant really fully remember. But really loved it first time around so I'm sure will be just as good

What's raping  a box set ? 
AKA pedantic kunt
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Whatever happened there....
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Watching a load of episods/seasons back to back. Prob not a great way to describe it, sorry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 183184185186187 286>
  Share Topic