You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 286>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Any more little nuggets that don’t have 400 episodes?

Have you seen the night manager or bodyguard? 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 2:27pm
Final episode of the series of The Blacklist is very cleverly done. They had to stop production mid filing due to the virus and they cut bits together and added comic book strips to finish it. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 3:11pm

Bodyguards is good as is city on a hill. Both 10 or less episodes. 
AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Bodyguards is good as is city on a hill. Both 10 or less episodes. 
👍went to watch city on a hill but it’s not on Netflix. Where can one watch this? Have an Apple TV yoke
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 5:55am
Fauda has been recommended on here before and would be worth looking at BSM. 3 seasons of 12 episodes but the episodes are 30-40 minutes. It's on Netflix.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 7:26am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Fauda has been recommended on here before and would be worth looking at BSM. 3 seasons of 12 episodes but the episodes are 30-40 minutes. It's on Netflix.
sound👍
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 8:46am

I watched the first episode of White Lines last night. It appears to be a murder mystery whodunnit set in Ibiza against the backdrop of clubs, drugs and high level corruption.
I was going to give it a miss but it got a good online review in the Guardian so I thought I would try it. It was reasonably enjoyable so I’ll stick with it for now 
El Puto Amo
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 9:04am
watched the 12th man yesterday it's basically after a failed anti-Nazi sabotage mission leaves his 11 comrades dead, Norwegian resistance fighter Jan Baalsrud finds himself fleeing from the Gestapo through the snowbound reaches of Scandinavia. Based upon a true story 8/10

Edited by Yiksheemash - 18 May 2020 at 9:04am
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

watched the 12th man yesterday it's basically after a failed anti-Nazi sabotage mission leaves his 11 comrades dead, Norwegian resistance fighter Jan Baalsrud finds himself fleeing from the Gestapo through the snowbound reaches of Scandinavia. Based upon a true story 8/10

This is the boxset thread you absolute thick!

Anyway, it scores 7.4 on imdb so worth a spin and will report back. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:00am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I watched the first episode of White Lines last night. It appears to be a murder mystery whodunnit set in Ibiza against the backdrop of clubs, drugs and high level corruption.
I was going to give it a miss but it got a good online review in the Guardian so I thought I would try it. It was reasonably enjoyable so I’ll stick with it for now 
Was looking at this. Keep us updated on if it’s Worth a go👍
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Night manager looks decent,you recommend?
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:09am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Toast of London.

The show is good enough, but Berry is unbelievably entertaining to watch.
One of my favourite shows. The theme tune is brilliant as well. His music is unreal! He only started acting because Noel Fielding made him.

I saw him live in Dublin in 2011, he only played a very short set though which was disappointing, loved his album Witchhazel at the time, must give it another listen!

His recent show Year of the Rabbit is worth watching, not as good as Toast but still funny.

Toast is excellent, have watched it through a couple of times now.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:20am
Year of the Rabbit was only ok. I think he has some new stuff coming on BBC this year.
Witchhazel is brilliant alright. He did his own take of favourite television theme tunes from his childhood that I also loved. Probably not for everyone that!
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:27am

Year of the Rabbit was only ok. I think he has some new stuff coming on BBC this year.
Witchhazel is brilliant alright. He did his own take of favourite television theme tunes from his childhood that I also loved. Probably not for everyone that!

I'll check it out, haven't listened to him in years!

I assume you have seen Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, an absolute gem of a show starring Berry and Richard Ayoade?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:34am

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Night manager looks decent,you recommend?
Channel 4 had a couple of decent four part series over the past few years. 'National Treasure' with Robbie Coltrane was the pick of them. 

Two episodes left in 'Caliphate' and really enjoying it. The writing is excellent. It is very easy with the subject matter to drift into absurdity, but it hasn't yet. The score is well done too, even if a little clichéd.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:35am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

I'll check it out, haven't listened to him in years!

I assume you have seen Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, an absolute gem of a show starring Berry and Richard Ayoade?

Yeah, still very unsure about that. A bit too surreal for me.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 12:28pm
Is Board Walk Empire worth watching? I saw half an episode recently and liked it. 5 series is a big commitement when I'd only watch the odd one here and there 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Is Board Walk Empire worth watching? I saw half an episode recently and liked it. 5 series is a big commitement when I'd only watch the odd one here and there 

It's a good show but if you don't have much spare time to watch stuff, I think there are better shows out there that you could spend your time on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 286>
  Share Topic