You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 188189190191192 286>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 7:58pm
serpent. i player 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I thought 'Back to Life' was very good. 6 part BBC series which is now available on Netflix about a woman who is released from prison following her conviction for murder trying to get her life going again in the small seaside village she grew up in.

It's mainly a dark comedy but has elements of drama too.

Watched it. Very good!
Back to Life was excellent.  There was one on BBC around the same time called 'Don't Forget the Driver' with Toby Jones. I think if you liked one you will like the other.

I am making my way through every Nordic drama of the 21st century and all 8 seasons of Spiral. Most of the 'Nordic noirs' are excellent. Even when the storyline stretches incredulity, they still manage to keep you interested. The characters are always so interesting that you get over the leaps of faith needed to enjoy the story.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 10:04pm
I liked the look of back to life but I couldn't convince the wife to give it a try. Will get back on it now with the recommendations 

Edited by t_rAndy - 22 Jan 2021 at 10:04pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 3:07pm
Anyone ever watch Deadwood?
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 3:38pm
Great show, very underrated. It's a bit slow moving at times but some of the characters are excellent, Al Swarengen being the best of the lot.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Great show, very underrated. It's a bit slow moving at times but some of the characters are excellent, Al Swarengen being the best of the lot.

It's an oddly beautiful show despite the nudity, swearing and violence. Swearengen is one of TV's most complexly written characters. They really nailed the shades of grey in his and other characters motivations. Swearengen and E.B. Farnum's monologues are great to watch. It's like The Sopranos with Shakespearean dialogue set in the frontier era with the soul of NYPD Blue [David Milch wrote for both]. So many great characters. Unfortunately the show was cancelled after Season 3 which left a lot of plotlines up in the air but it returned recently with a one-off TV movie which tied things up [maybe too neatly].

Heavily recommend it.

eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 10:45pm
Money Heist
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 10:52pm
great doc on Netflix called operation Odessa. True story About 3 lads in Miami who tried to buy a soviet submarine for the Cali cartel in the early 90s
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 7:25am
Watched Lupin on Netflix over the weekend. Very good.

Originally a French show but dubbed into English.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 8:24am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Can you get it with subtitles and not dubbed 
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I would imagine so, but Netflix is a bit of a pain in the bollocks for this, certainly in comparison with Prime, All4 or the BBC. I don't know what the latest adaptation is like, but Lupin's character is often compared to Sherlock Holmes, albeit he was a thief. I never got the attraction to either, but people love them.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 11:01am

You can. Theres a lot of audio options available to be fair.

I'm not one for dubbed shows normally but this is very good and well made I must say.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 12:43pm
Not sure if it's been recommended on here but started Zero Zero Zero. Based on the book written by the same fella who wrote Gomorrah. 
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Not sure if it's been recommended on here but started Zero Zero Zero. Based on the book written by the same fella who wrote Gomorrah. 

Where can I find that ?
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 5:32pm
Amazon Prime and Sky Atlantic as far as I know. I'm watching it on a streaming service called OSN.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2021 at 7:29pm

Yes you can as we are watching it in original with English subtitles.
Enjoyable.
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

great doc on Netflix called operation Odessa. True story About 3 lads in Miami who tried to buy a soviet submarine for the Cali cartel in the early 90s

Very entertaining, the 3 guys are good storytellers.
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 4:13pm
Watched Nightstalker on Netflix pretty good and although pretty gruesome at the same time! The Fella was sick f*ck but during his trial he had a lot of female fans which given his crimes was baffling! Good show! 
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 188189190191192 286>
  Share Topic