You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 286>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 12:30am
Watched Luther there tonight for the first time. Jaysus that's mad stuff altogether.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 11:38am

Edited by Lenny82 - 31 Mar 2020 at 11:38am
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 12:15am
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

I’m watching Love is Blind. Good to see Dave McGoldrick in it
LOL
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 12:03am
I’m watching Love is Blind. Good to see Dave McGoldrick in it

Edited by Sham157 - 31 Mar 2020 at 12:13am
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 10:11pm
Finished S3 of Ozark, did not see it coming, very goodClap
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 4:12pm
Anybody watching new season of Stark Trek Discovery - cant say Im enjoying it. Bit all over the place.

Ozark is a good show.  
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 1:42pm
Season 2 is far better than season 1 so stick with it.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

4 episodes into Ozark season 1 - seems a good show

Certainly is. Just watched the 1st episode of the 3rd season yesterday. Shaping up nicely. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 12:35pm
4 episodes into Ozark season 1 - seems a good show
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 11:20am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Everybody Loves Raymond is less than mediocre at best. The only save are his parents in the show. Ray himself is an annoyingly bad character imo. Does he do any work btw? The whole show revolves around him facing the wrath of his missus for doing something wrong and then spending the rest of the half hour trying to put it right. Basic stuff. Id turn it off if it came on. "based on the comedy of Ray Romano".... what comedy? The laughter track on this show is particularly annoying because it's simply not funny. 

American sitcoms are mostly awful. I don’t know why this ‘Raymond’ one got so popular as ones like it seem to have been ten a penny. There was a period where every sitcom from there had a formula of marital troubles and difficult in-laws. Never groundbreaking and never funny. I did enjoy Romano in ‘The Big Sick’ though, an excellent film.

These days the formula seems to be an over the top attempt at ‘cringe’ humour, complete with camera angles and close-ups,  replacing the canned laughter, to tell the audience when it is funny. Larry David seems to be one of the few Americans who can understand this type of humour correctly, Woody Allen certainly used it too, so perhaps it is a New York thing or maybe even a Jewish New York thing. Maybe they are just excellent writers! Either way, the sh*t that had come since, and including, the US ‘version’ of ‘The Office’ has been appalling. They they make me yearn for the old formula of the interfering mother-in-law and suburban sexism.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 10:39am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Everybody Loves Raymond is less than mediocre at best. The only save are his parents in the show. Ray himself is an annoyingly bad character imo. Does he do any work btw? The whole show revolves around him facing the wrath of his missus for doing something wrong and then spending the rest of the half hour trying to put it right. Basic stuff. Id turn it off if it came on. "based on the comedy of Ray Romano".... what comedy? The laughter track on this show is particularly annoying because it's simply not funny. 

Sounds like a few lads on here 
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 10:19am

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 1:43pm
Finished Tiger King, how can people be that fecking crazy, and why is it always yanks? He got a credible result in governors election and came third, wtf
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I reckon if you live your life thinking anyone who likes everybody loves raymond is a cnt you wont be far wrong  

LOL

On The King of Queens here, two of the lads were due to go to a Hughie Lewis concert LOL

Edited by Green Devil - 29 Mar 2020 at 1:06pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 11:37am

I reckon if you live your life thinking anyone who likes everybody loves raymond is a cnt you wont be far wrong  
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 11:29am

LOLClap

I know comedy is subjective, but sometimes there is comedy for people you just aren’t going to like. Lee Evans is usually a good icebreaker to see if you should get up and walk out before it gets messy. Like someone putting RHCP on the jukebox, it’s easier just to leave.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 11:27am
I always feel the likes of Raymond and King of Queens are just chewing gum for the eyes. It’s like Two and a Half Men. Easy watching, simple jokes, superficial characters. Their success is down to a very simple formula, possibly pioneered by Married With Children (which was a much better show). Shows like Becker were similar. Shows like Seinfeld and Frasier were much, much better, funnier and the characters were better, and stand the test of time.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 11:14am
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 286>
  Share Topic