You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 183184185186187 223>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 8:18am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Why would anyone walk away from a job they love? As people have pointed out he loves his country and wants to help out with ireland and he was given a contract to do so. Now that he is not needed for the seniors because the current manager doesn't want him, I think its up to the employer to come to Robbie and work something out. In the meantime, he has every right to hang on to see what the FAI are offering him or how they want to use him. 
The fact the FAI have not work it out with him is on them. I'm sure Robbie would be willing to sort something out with them but he needs to hear the game plan first 

What job?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Irelandshirts. Do you defend every player and manager or do you think any of them warrant criticism or are they all legends for putting on the green jersey and playing for Ireland.  

Your line of thinking appears more akin with that of a 10 year old boy who can see no wrong in his heroes and gets defensive when journalists poke and try to pick holes and investigate and write stories. 

For what it's worth Roy Curtis has a piece on Stephen Kenny in the Independent today. All management teams should be judged on their results but I think given that Kennys had zero luck I don't think it's fair or balanced piece and Kenny regardless of the results over next while still needs to be given time to implement what he's trying to achieve.

I've never gotten a shirt from Stephen Kenny and don't think he's immune from criticism but be fair and balanced about it also.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 8:37am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Why would anyone walk away from a job they love? As people have pointed out he loves his country and wants to help out with ireland and he was given a contract to do so. Now that he is not needed for the seniors because the current manager doesn't want him, I think its up to the employer to come to Robbie and work something out. In the meantime, he has every right to hang on to see what the FAI are offering him or how they want to use him. 
The fact the FAI have not work it out with him is on them. I'm sure Robbie would be willing to sort something out with them but he needs to hear the game plan first 

What job?

A job with the FAI as per his contract. Job title is a grey area though because his employers have restructured and haven’t told him what his new job title is yet or whether his job his redundant. It’s up to his employer to figure that out. Of course, Robbie could always look for another job externally but why should he? 
Maybe he is looking but nothing has come up.
He has a duty to his family as well

Edited by t_rAndy - 24 Mar 2021 at 8:38am
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 8:39am
you said a job he loves.  

What aspects of the job does he love do you think.  
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 8:41am
I love how people try and turn getting 250k from the FAI into an act of patriotism. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

you said a job he loves.  

What aspects of the job does he love do you think.  
I’m no detective but I’d assume the 250k is the best part of his “job”
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 8:56am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Why would anyone think Robbie would have even a remote possibility of getting the Irish job??? Its wouldn't even be an option. Even saying it is funny. All i will say is would anyone here walk away from 250 grand a year if they were under contract? I doubt it. Who knows whats going on in the background.

I think it’s both funny and completely thick when people try this comparison LOL
It really is LOL
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 8:57am
reminds me of Mrs Mertons question to Paul Daniel’s wife. 😀😀

What’s Robbie doing with the FAI at the moment “Not a lot”

Edited by Baldrick - 24 Mar 2021 at 8:58am
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:19am

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

What job?

A job with the FAI as per his contract. Job title is a grey area though because his employers have restructured and haven’t told him what his new job title is yet or whether his job his redundant. It’s up to his employer to figure that out. Of course, Robbie could always look for another job externally but why should he? 
Maybe he is looking but nothing has come up.
He has a duty to his family as well

I do agree with you here. While I'm sure most people agree that Keane slyly went about getting a job and was pushed on Mick, Hill definitely needs to sort this situation out asap. It's definitely on the employer to sort it out because Keane has already proved he won't just walk away.

I'd be very surprised if they aren't already in negotiations though, but it's being kept quiet for obvious reasons.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:56am
People are hung up on the money. My point regarding his employment and the responsibility on the employer when the job title is changed and the viability of the position is fully on the employer to figure out. Robbie as the employee has every right to rely on the employer to propose the solution. If he was getting 500 euro a week then people wouldn't be as hung up that robbie is hanging around. But for robbie it doesn't probably matter whether it it is 500 euro vs. 7000 a week, he has a contract and it needs to be resolved but its up to the employer to sort it and it should not be on the employee to figure it out.

You also have to see it from his side, he is living in ireland and raising his kids here. Working with the FAI is probably the best way of making good money, I'm sure he is willing to work for it. If the FAI don't have a job for him then they should make him redundant 

Edited by t_rAndy - 24 Mar 2021 at 9:57am
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 10:51am

People are hung up on the money. My point regarding his employment and the responsibility on the employer when the job title is changed and the viability of the position is fully on the employer to figure out. Robbie as the employee has every right to rely on the employer to propose the solution. If he was getting 500 euro a week then people wouldn't be as hung up that robbie is hanging around. But for robbie it doesn't probably matter whether it it is 500 euro vs. 7000 a week, he has a contract and it needs to be resolved but its up to the employer to sort it and it should not be on the employee to figure it out.

You also have to see it from his side, he is living in ireland and raising his kids here. Working with the FAI is probably the best way of making good money, I'm sure he is willing to work for it. If the FAI don't have a job for him then they should make him redundant 

totally agree. simple as this. he's been given a contract for however long, why should he just walk away. As stated above its up to the FAI to sort it out if they want it resolved. Everyone is high and mighty when its someone else, might not be as saintly if it was themselves.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 11:52am
That's grand lads. We know that Robbie is entitled to the wage with his contract. But maybe in future he might add money to the list when he is banging about his love of all things Ireland

El Puto Amo
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Why would anyone think Robbie would have even a remote possibility of getting the Irish job??? Its wouldn't even be an option. Even saying it is funny. All i will say is would anyone here walk away from 250 grand a year if they were under contract? I doubt it. Who knows whats going on in the background.

Because he's already employed by the FAI, getting paid by them and they're flat broke. Not rocket science to think they'd give it to him on a caretaker basis if Kenny doesn't start pickup up results against the likes of Luxembourg. Don Givens and Noel King got it in the past albeit on a very short term basis. 

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 24 Mar 2021 at 5:37pm
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 5:42pm
I just can't see Robbie Keane being a good manager. Fantastic player for us but massive overbearing ego. (Or so it seems on thr outside)

You evaluate Kenny on a full campaign. Even if we don't qualify you would be able to tell if progress is being made to make a decision.

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

That's grand lads. We know that Robbie is entitled to the wage with his contract. But maybe in future he might add money to the list when he is banging about his love of all things Ireland

Dear god,”the greatest fans “ bull Shiite again, would you ever f**k off keane you idiot, the baby and nun singers and wheel changing dopes are exactly what’s wrong with the”green army”. w**kers.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Dear god,”the greatest fans “ bull Shiite again, would you ever f**k off keane you idiot, the baby and nun singers and wheel changing dopes are exactly what’s wrong with the”green army”. w**kers.

Love the spotlight and social media attention but why are they a problem? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Why's that exactly? Never though much about it but would like to know why you feel strongly about it? 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I just can't see Robbie Keane being a good manager. Fantastic player for us but massive overbearing ego. (Or so it seems on thr outside)

You evaluate Kenny on a full campaign. Even if we don't qualify you would be able to tell if progress is being made to make a decision.

Course he should. But there's clearly a push from certain areas to make things as uncomfortable as possible for Kenny. And I feel those quarters would be delighted to see Robbie in the job. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 183184185186187 223>
  Share Topic