You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 223>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 8:05pm
How robbo can be assistant of that horse woodgate...
Sponsored Links

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 12:47pm
Robbie doesn’t strike me as a student of the game. No doubt he is a great lad in the dressing room. Huge gig for a guy with practically zero experience coaching. Really hard to see how he will be able to do the two roles effectively. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Robbie doesn’t strike me as a student of the game. No doubt he is a great lad in the dressing room. Huge gig for a guy with practically zero experience coaching. Really hard to see how he will be able to do the two roles effectively. 

Whys that? He is a coach. He coaches Middlesbrough during the season then hopes on a plane to Dublin on the international break and helps coach Ireland. Unless he misses a flight and arrives late for training I cant see any problems.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Whys that? He is a coach. He coaches Middlesbrough during the season then hopes on a plane to Dublin on the international break and helps coach Ireland. Unless he misses a flight and arrives late for training I cant see any problems.
I have never taken him seriously enough to imagine he could do one role effectively, never mind two! 

I cannot see this ending well for Middlesbrough, especially as Gibson has the tendency to give managers more time than others. 
Green rebel View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green rebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 5:58pm
Hope this works out for Robbie to many Ireland legends drift out of the game completely,he was an intelligent player and it seems he is a very likeable person  and I have never heard ex team mates or managers have a bad word to say about him,as a spurs and Ireland supporter he will always be legend to me,I think I recall Harry rednapp say that he can see him being a top manager one day ,hopefully these are his first steps to been one.

Edited by Green rebel - 15 Jun 2019 at 6:10pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 10:41pm
Juninho has wished Robbie Keane well at his beloved Meedlayshbrow
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 5:30pm
I get the feeling a lot of people here see Robbie as some sort of future saviour of the Irish team. I don't see it myself. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 6:05pm
Strange one this, but apparently the duration of Robbie Keane contract is longer than mick mccarthys 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Strange one this, but apparently the duration of Robbie Keane contract is longer than mick mccarthys 

It's ridiculous. Kenny shouldn't be shoehorned into accepting Robbie as part of his backroom staff, especially if he has his own crew in mind. 

Have great time for Robbie and I'm sure he'd be a good influence but it's a ridiculous decision. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 7:50pm
I thought his role with the FAI was 'Shooting coach'. Not like he is playing any role in tactics or team selection.
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 8:24pm
Wonder if they'll try and have him take over the Under 21s when Kenny moves up
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

I thought his role with the FAI was 'Shooting coach'. Not like he is playing any role in tactics or team selection.

He's like Mick Byrne.  He's there for the craic.  He's the official 'Craic Coach'.  Beer in a teapot for all.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 7:06am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

It's ridiculous. Kenny shouldn't be shoehorned into accepting Robbie as part of his backroom staff, especially if he has his own crew in mind. 

Have great time for Robbie and I'm sure he'd be a good influence but it's a ridiculous decision. 

Keane says he has a contract with the FAI and part of that could be that when Kenny takes over at Senior Robbie might be in charge of the 21s or that Kenny takes him on as his assistant manager with a view to taking over from Kenny down the line.

At the time of signing his contract Mick had to accept he had one campaign & Kenny was taking over regardless of if Mick qualified & had a good tournament so it's not unrealistic if the FAI were trying to lay down some sort of succession plan with continuity that Kenny might have said yes to Keane as next u21 manager & his assistant.

I'd say part of the length of Keanes contract is also to insure his role as an ambassador for euro 2020 & possibly a role in 2021 around the centenary of the FAI & other corporate/sponsor events.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 12:18pm
El Puto Amo
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 12:26pm
Course hes 100% right. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 12:37pm
He is. We have gone from the Charlton era where good and available players, with Irish heritage agreed to play and gave their all, to the modern era where players are defecting from us. And in between was the period where Kevin Nolan were fairly honest about having intentions elsewhere.

Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 1:19pm
That's lovely McCarthy and Keane coming out now making a principled stand about how they won't be chasing players when in fact they have spent the last six months having been doing exactly that with Bamford (as did their predecessors for years before)
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

He is. We have gone from the Charlton era where good and available players, with Irish heritage agreed to play and gave their all, to the modern era where players are defecting from us. And in between was the period where Kevin Nolan were fairly honest about having intentions elsewhere.

Kevin Nolan was never eligible.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 223>
  Share Topic