Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 223>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 10:24am
I thought that was to get him out of the way. 
Sponsored Links

GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 10:35am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Wish he'd stay off instagram

Why is anyone over the age of 18 on Instagram?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 10:36am
The fact that he's not the Irish assistant manager probably gives him a bit of an excuse to take up the Boro position. 

I assume O'Connor will go to the games in his place. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:49pm
good move for him , not too sure how it affects us 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

100% its going to affect his role with Ireland. He's not going to be able to go watch any players in action on weekends because he'll be busy with his own team. He said at the start that he was going to do that and help Mick by getting to as many games as possible. He's not going to be able to put in time reviewing opposition matches for upcoming fixtures etc. 

All hes gonna be now is a Mick Byrne figure around the team now hugging and tucking players in at night and getting a nice salary for it. 

The other R.Keane tried it with Villa and it didn't work out.  I personally think you are committed to the job or not.  I don't like the idea of him taking up Middlesbrough.

Roy was the assistant manager, Robbie is the number 3. He'll be seeing plenty of Irish players in the Championship as Boro assistant. Hughton was still Spurs assistant manager when he was Kerr's number 2 and that wasn't an issue, fail to see why this would be.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 3:13pm

100% its going to affect his role with Ireland. He's not going to be able to go watch any players in action on weekends because he'll be busy with his own team. He said at the start that he was going to do that and help Mick by getting to as many games as possible. He's not going to be able to put in time reviewing opposition matches for upcoming fixtures etc. 

All hes gonna be now is a Mick Byrne figure around the team now hugging and tucking players in at night and getting a nice salary for it. 

True, but on the lip side will get to see some players who are eligible for a call up  in the Championship at least twice a year
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

True, but on the lip side will get to see some players who are eligible for a call up  in the Championship at least twice a year

I hope Randolph plays a bit more than that!
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

The fact that he's not the Irish assistant manager probably gives him a bit of an excuse to take up the Boro position. 

I assume O'Connor will go to the games in his place. 

Who is O'Connor? TC?

Surely TC is the man from the start and Robbie is only an assistant to both MM and TC.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The other R.Keane tried it with Villa and it didn't work out.  I personally think you are committed to the job or not.  I don't like the idea of him taking up Middlesbrough.

Roy was the assistant manager, Robbie is the number 3. He'll be seeing plenty of Irish players in the Championship as Boro assistant. Hughton was still Spurs assistant manager when he was Kerr's number 2 and that wasn't an issue, fail to see why this would be.

Of course it's an issuue. This is the YBIG forum 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 11:39am
Confirmed as number 2 at Boro.

Question is he only in the Ireland job until Kenny takes over?
Or will he continue when Kenny comes in after the Euros?
I know Kenny has his own team in the U21's - Andrews and Crawford etc. I'd imagine might move up with him or would one them step up to the U21 job when he moves?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 11:41am
I would be fairly confident that he won’t still be at Middlesbrough by the end of the season, so we needn’t worry about it!
royal rover View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royal rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 12:31pm
Woodgate won't  last , they would of been better off going with somebody like Bilic. 
royal rover
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by royal rover royal rover wrote:

Woodgate won't  last , they would of been better off going with somebody like Bilic. 

A distinct lack of necessary experience between the two of them. You'd think if you were giving Woodgate the top job, that you'd get in some kind of Mike Phelanesque assistant. 

We'll see, but can't see it lasting.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 1:06pm
I reckon it's good from our point of view. A day to day coaching role can only improve him.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 1:33pm
it does seem a strange appointment for a club who would have big ambitions to get back to the PL as soon as possible. Not much coaching experience betwwen them. Hardly any in Robbie's case. Could go pear shaped fairly quickly. Not too bad for Robbie though as he has the Ireland job in the background. Maybe they will surprise us all.....

Edited by doherty - 14 Jun 2019 at 1:33pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 1:33pm
Growing up in Dublin it was always my dream to one day be Middlesbrough assistant manager.....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Growing up in Dublin it was always my dream to one day be Middlesbrough assistant manager.....

LOL
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

I reckon it's good from our point of view. A day to day coaching role can only improve him.

Exactly. Between that and working with experienced coaches like Mick and Terry Connor, he can only benefit from it. The only worry is that if Woodgate doesn't work out, he'll be replaced quickly, along with his coaching staff.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 223>
  Share Topic