Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 167168169170171 223>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

never really liked Robbie..never really hated him...but having looked at his Instagram page of him posting messages from John terry,Rooney,lampard etc and the a video of some of his best goals I can kinda see why some people don't warm to him..gives off a sense of grander.i know some wankbag will get on here saying "ah he had a great career why not let him post his best goals"....but it's one thing knowing you where good,it's another thing telling people that you where good.
Some wankbag will get on here telling you to try spellcheck...
Sponsored Links

amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 12:51am
imagine trying to minimize the contribution of someone who scored 68 in 146. absurd. robbie is a legend and rightfully so. who cares if he posts paragraphs on his retirement, his playing career has legitimately been more than half of his life. some of the absolute unreal tripe in this thread is unbelievable, he scored goals for us and always turned up, frequently moving clubs in order to get first team football bc he was captain for us
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 1:15am
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

imagine trying to minimize the contribution of someone who scored 68 in 146. absurd. robbie is a legend and rightfully so. who cares if he posts paragraphs on his retirement, his playing career has legitimately been more than half of his life. some of the absolute unreal tripe in this thread is unbelievable, he scored goals for us and always turned up, frequently moving clubs in order to get first team football bc he was captain for us

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

As was said many times before he retired, we have missed him since he's gone. Even today, he reiterated that playing for his country meant more to him than anything else. There are plenty of other footballers who that alone does not apply to. Robbie actually went out of his way in his club career to ensure he got first team football rather than Bogarding his way to a salary and there is no doubt that that helped his performance for the national team.

We will never see another player like him in green and we certainly won't see anyone scoring as many goals. Hell, we'll be lucky if we see someone else score half as many in our lifetimes, such has been the man's contribution in green. I'll certainly forgive him a little boasting on his retirement. Hell, Pele has been doing it for nigh on forty years; I'll definitely give Robbie the leeway to post a few videos on Instagram today.

That's 68 clapping smileys, and they are well merited.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 8:11am
and just like that....the wankbags showed up.....
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 8:51am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

And we would kill for a Quinn or Aldridge now... f**k it, we would kill for a Cascarino or a Coyne!

Knees have gone since the pub crawl
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 10:48am
I see Robbie rocked up with the great and the good at Shane MacGowans wedding on Monday Beer
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 11:51am
LOL
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

And we would kill for a Quinn or Aldridge now... f**k it, we would kill for a Cascarino or a Coyne!

Knees have
gone since the pub crawl
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

As was said many times before he retired, we have missed him since he's gone. Even today, he reiterated that playing for his country meant more to him than anything else. There are plenty of other footballers who that alone does not apply to. Robbie actually went out of his way in his club career to ensure he got first team football rather than Bogarding his way to a salary and there is no doubt that that helped his performance for the national team.

We will never see another player like him in green and we certainly won't see anyone scoring as many goals. Hell, we'll be lucky if we see someone else score half as many in our lifetimes, such has been the man's contribution in green. I'll certainly forgive him a little boasting on his retirement. Hell, Pele has been doing it for nigh on forty years; I'll definitely give Robbie the leeway to post a few videos on Instagram today.

SD I think you should take one off as still not sure he touched that one In Bari .

LEGEND , the only way to describe him .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Ouch for Noel Hunt
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 1:08pm
Never understood any Irishman who doesn’t like or criticises Keane

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Absolutely baffles me! Especially when Spurs "fans" start having a go Dead

I've defended him all his career and people will only realise how good he was, now that he's retired.

An absolute legend, the likes of which we will never see again. The greatest Ireland international of all time!
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 2:56pm

I met him once and he was an up his own hole grumpy bollix...I would still let him shag my missus though for all he has given us.

KEANO!!! ClapClapClap
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

I met him once and he was an up his own hole grumpy bollix...I would still let him shag my missus though for all he has given us.

KEANO!!! ClapClapClap

Is there a law or rule that says he has to stop and chat with everyone he meets when he is not doing his job?
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 10:17pm
absolute legend. There’s only one Keano
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 11:29am
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

KEANO!!! ClapClapClap

Is there a law or rule that says he has to stop and chat with everyone he meets when he is not doing his job?

No? It's not like I went to his gaff...it was a players/fans meet and greet after the Norn Iron game in the Carling Nations Cup and he was standing in the corner with a security guard between him and the great unwashed
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

absolute legend. There’s only one Keano

ClapClapClapClapClapClap
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 2:15pm
Met Robbie a few times, never refused a picture or anything was in the Oyster Tavern after the Liam Miller tribute dinner,  on the table in the pub beside us was Robbie, Claudine, Andy Reid and his bird and Duff, all were sound out. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 2:46pm

Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

KEANO!!! ClapClapClap

No? It's not like I went to his gaff...it was a players/fans meet and greet after the Norn Iron game in the Carling Nations Cup and he was standing in the corner with a security guard between him and the great unwashed

Fair enough, if it was a meet-and-greet and he was acting like that, then that is a pain.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 167168169170171 223>
  Share Topic