Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Millwall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

LOLthe pic made me laugh as did his Mums quote.

Even though Borough Market has gone very groovy The Wheatsheaf and Market Porter would have quite a few Millwall fans drinking in them too.

Fair play to him. Would love to say i would have the courage to do similar. Would let out one of those sceams that you make in your dreams when something bad happens and probably wet myself.

Any time I have been in the Old King's Head there have been Millwall in there, the landlord looks like he is too. That isn't the most gentrified pub in the area though!
Sponsored Links

Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 2:49pm
That's the stuff of legends. What a nutter. But the world needs nutters like these in those situations LOL
Some set of balls
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 8:06pm
The Old Kings Head is a Millwall pub, don't class it as a yuppie Borough Market pub though even though its only across the road.

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

That's the stuff of legends. What a nutter. But the world needs nutters like these in those situations LOL
Some set of balls
His Irish Mother come over well in her interview saying she wasn't surprised at her sons actions given he was a Millwall supporter.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 9:13pm

The Old Kings Head is a Millwall pub, don't class it as a yuppie Borough Market pub though even though its only across the road.

Always go in there when I am on my own nearby, it has a nice mix of tourist and menace. If the market is on you can get some food bargains outside as well.LOL
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Always go in there when I am on my own nearby, it has a nice mix of tourist and menace. If the market is on you can get some food bargains outside as well.LOL
I would imagine there's some bargains to be had inside too.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

I would imagine there's some bargains to be had inside too.
If it is the same landlord, then no! Think a slightly gentrified version of Bob from I.D.LOL
OTH View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 10:53am
The Landlord in the Kings Head is a miserable Kiwi. He has had plenty of run inns with some of the Millwall lads in there over the years. Last World Cup he ripped a big Millwall cross of St George that was hanging in the alley outside pub.

Normally go the Blue or New Cross myself, Five bells was the most frequented last season
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Millwall fan Roy Larner was enjoying a few beers in Borough Market when the three London Bridge terrorists burst into the pub, brandishing huge knives.

“I took a few steps towards them and said, ‘F*** you, I’m Millwall’”

i dont think "f**k you i'm millwall" will be a national treasure for too much longer...

millwall fans are a great bunch of lads LOL

Edited by randyrandolph - 06 Jul 2017 at 3:43pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 6:32pm
Was looking for a game to go to on Saturday and Millwall- Leeds stood out, looked at tickets and only a handful remaining in the dear seats. That is some buzz Harris is creating down there, credit where it is due.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 10:22am

Was looking for a game to go to on Saturday and Millwall- Leeds stood out, looked at tickets and only a handful remaining in the dear seats. That is some buzz Harris is creating down there, credit where it is due.

I presume Leeds would be a big draw and a bit of rivalry between the clubs ?

Good to see Milwall going well.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 10:37am
Yeah, the f**king hate each other! I was at this fixture before and The Den was only half full. The cops do usually move it to earlier, although I never understand the logic to that! It changes little.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 10:39am
I know a Millwall supporter who goes over for a fair few games every year. He says that the atmosphere in the ground is good but the surrounding area is pretty dead on match days. Most of the fans don’t live locally anymore so have to commute to the games and the previously decent boozers nearby are closed now. Presumably this is the effect of gentrification which is a bit of a shame.

El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 10:42am
That's the same with every club in London. They would be the club with the most local support though,even if many have moved out alright. Most of the pubs have closed near the ground alright, it is a bit of a wasteland for a mile radius around it.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 11:31am
Complete sell out alright.

Millwall v Leeds is always a good fixture and a decent atmosphere. Their lot were a bit downbeat last few years but Bielsa has cheered them up and given them new belief. Had a quick look on Waccoe site and some of them think they have the league won already. 

We have burst the Leeds bubble many a time over the last 10 years, lets hope for a repeat on Saturday

Get down the blue market PM. Quaint Spot. Not many places like that left in inner London these days. A throwback and rough as f**k.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 2:58pm
Wasn't paying for the dearer seats, defeated the purpose!I'll stay in East Anglia!

I have been in that pub before alright. I wouldn't walk in wearing a West Ham jersey!
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 10:44pm
went to this fixture in Ellend road last year . Great Atmosphere and super game. Millwall winning 4 3
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 10:44am

Complete sell out alright.

Millwall v Leeds is always a good fixture and a decent atmosphere. Their lot were a bit downbeat last few years but Bielsa has cheered them up and given them new belief. Had a quick look on Waccoe site and some of them think they have the league won already. 

We have burst the Leeds bubble many a time over the last 10 years, lets hope for a repeat on Saturday

Get down the blue market PM. Quaint Spot. Not many places like that left in inner London these days. A throwback and rough as f**k.

Any hassle for being a Paddy?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122>
  Share Topic