Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sligo Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 42>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 11:38pm
So it is Gerard Lyttle, how is that news being received? 
Sponsored Links

Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

not great. Hardly one to get the fans going. Personally i think its on a par with heary. Likely to end in quickly. Could be wrong but thats my prediction.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

not great. Hardly one to get the fans going. Personally i think its on a par with heary. Likely to end in quickly. Could be wrong but thats my prediction.

At least give the man a chance before ya knock him Ermm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 5:17pm
On the subject of Sligo managers (and apologies if this is the wrong thread - Mods please move if so), but what was Ian Baraclough like?

He's just been appointed NI U-21 manager, in succession to Jim Magilton:
https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/906126/former-sligo-rovers-boss-ian-baraclough-set-to-be-named-northern-ireland-u-21-manager/
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 8:54am
Baraclough won a League, FAI Cup and Setanta Cup with us do he did alright! Inhertited a very good squad mind.

Big game tonight up in Drogheda. Will be interesting to see what changes Lyttle has managed to implement this week. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 11:54am
What is the story her? Are those 2 English lads being f**ked out of the club for riding? Is that not a bit harsh or is it just an excuse to get rid of them?
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 2:23pm

What is the story her? Are those 2 English lads being f**ked out of the club for riding? Is that not a bit harsh or is it just an excuse to get rid of them?

From what I know, Stevens loan has been cut short and has been sent back to Peterborough, his loan was finished at the end of June anyway. Tobi has been disciplined and fined with a short suspension. Tobi was our player of the season last year so personally I would be sorry to see him leave. But he has been out socializing (drinking) too much this season and before games so probably should have been given a kick up the whole sooner and this would not have happened. Probably got away with it longer because of Robertson leaving and being managerless for a while.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 3:09pm
Was Stevens any good?(at football) Did it not happen in March anyway? What exactly was he suspended for? Was it something like:
Dear Mr. Adebayo-Rowling,
We are informing you that you are suspended from Sligo Rovers Football Club for being sexually active, something we are unaware of until we found video footage proving it. Having studied the footage for some considerable time we have decided that you have brought great embarrassment on the club, especially given our inability to score on the field.
P.S. Have you any other old tapes?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 10:26pm
To be honest it's the straw that broke the camels back with Tobi this season. Numerous incidents that he has been in involved with around the town. Only so many times people can cover it up. Don't know when it happened but video only started doing the rounds recently and I think the club needed to be shown to do something about him. Was absolutely terrific for us last season but has been awful this season.

Stevens wasn't great. No loss even if we've a threadbare squad would no doubt have been going next month anyway.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 9:02am
Good game in Bray last night. Lucky to be only 1 down at half time but we were the better team in the second half. 3 huge games coming up now with Harps, Galway and Bohs.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 4:41pm
There really is an awful lot of good will toward Sligo Rovers in the area. The annual draw brought in 61k and 2000 fans for a home game in a relegation battle.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 4:48pm
I am reading elsewhere that Rory Donnelly will be signed over the next few days, any truth in this? If Lyttle could get the best back out of him he could be a great signing, whatever about anything else.
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

There really is an awful lot of good will toward Sligo Rovers in the area. The annual draw brought in 61k and 2000 fans for a home game in a relegation battle.

I was stunned when I heard that at the game yesterday, youse must have absolute trojan volunteers selling tickets.

The prizes were run of the mill stuff so it's amazing to have sold that amount of tickets.

Edited by Tony Cousins - 03 Jul 2017 at 4:55pm
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 3:08pm
The bid of red need to get their act together. I thought they turned the corner with the shams result. But yesterday was a bad day at the office as a outsider I can't made it out super stadium fans who go to the games. What's wrong?
alive and kicking
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by smart man smart man wrote:

The bid of red need to get their act together. I thought they turned the corner with the shams result. But yesterday was a bad day at the office as a outsider I can't made it out super stadium fans who go to the games. What's wrong?

Surprised at how bad Sligo were on Sunday.  They produced so little going forward, and their midfield and defensive was all over the shop.  Derry players had so much time on the ball, and got in behind the Sligo backline pretty handily.
In the second half, Sligo looked like a team going down, 4-0 slightly flattered Sligo.

Sligo have the squad to stay up, but just need to get a handle on the midfield.  I still think they'll be ok though.  Massive game coming up against Drogheda this weekend.  Win that, they'll be six off bottom.
City Till I Die
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 12:50pm
Certainly our worst performance of the season. Lucky to get away with only losing 4-0. Some difference to the commitment put in the week before.

Really don't know why he went with the 3 at the back for that game mind. We hadn't been doing too bad with a back 4 all things considered.

Don't really know if I'd agree with us having the squad to stay up at the moment for sure. Sadlier will be very hard replaced obviously enough and we need to get a striker. 

Win at the weekend would be very much appreciated.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah wrote:

Certainly our worst performance of the season. Lucky to get away with only losing 4-0. Some difference to the commitment put in the week before.

Really don't know why he went with the 3 at the back for that game mind. We hadn't been doing too bad with a back 4 all things considered.

Don't really know if I'd agree with us having the squad to stay up at the moment for sure. Sadlier will be very hard replaced obviously enough and we need to get a striker. 

Win at the weekend would be very much appreciated.

He had to change it. Our away record is atrocious. We are bottom of the Away League table with only 4 points.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 4:22pm
Well hopefully he doesn't try it again
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 42>
  Share Topic