Forum Description: All League Of Ireland Teams Forum
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=38518
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 12:41am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Sligo Rovers Thread
Posted By: darman28
Subject: Sligo Rovers Thread
Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 1:32pm
I couldn't find a real thread on here for Sligo Rovers & to have discussions with other Sligo Rovers fans on YBIG about all things Sligo Rovers FC.So if its cool with the mods I opened this, If it not or if theres another thread please feel free to close it.Sure let me know either way please thanks

Replies:
Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 2:34pm
ahh great stuff If I make the trip to Sligo on Friday how safe will the bus be from smelling of sh*t on my long journey home??

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 2:50pm
http://www.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=http://fusionatlondon.com/wp-content/uploads//2012/02/raffle-tickets-green-nine-strips-of-five-with-serial-numbers-for-security-1-DHD3.jpg&imgrefurl=http://fusionatlondon.com/portfolio/raffle-prizes/raffle-tickets-green-nine-strips-of-five-with-serial-numbers-for-security-1-dhd-4/&usg=__h9PjzMKKBcnozZE5IqO7TSrnZdU=&h=1040&w=1220&sz=227&hl=en&start=1&zoom=1&tbnid=6-0ql_7S5KDaCM:&tbnh=128&tbnw=150&ei=vw2xT6f9MoSs0QX39JisCQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Draffle%2Btickets%26hl%3Den%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1" rel="nofollow">

-------------
He is Karl Pilkington in the LOI section and Karl Marx outwith it

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 2:54pm
I was at the Showgrounds on Friday and spotted a Russian Billionaire.........possible takeover?

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

ahh great stuff If I make the trip to Sligo on Friday how safe will the bus be from smelling of sh*t on my long journey home??

Will ya dont be so stupid, its a medium length journey at best.

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Will ya dont be so stupid, its a medium length journey at best.

LOLLOLLOL LOLLOLLOL

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 6:17pm

Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

You really dont grasp the irony that its actually you that is the "bitter" one.

-------------
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Not been smart or anything, but bitter about what?

Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 6:33pm

Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

I was at the Showgrounds on Friday and spotted a Russian Billionaire.........possible takeover?

Isn't he just the Mule for the real oligarch Wink
Sleepy

Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 7:15pm

From the forum moron that's a compliment. Do you need to check out gypoweb for a retort?

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 7:16pm

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

The fact that he constantly calls them bitter for no reason and posts a lot about Sligo, kind of makes him seem the bitter one. It seems like he is bitter over something to do with Sligo. 

Its a thick, overused word anyway. It seems prevalent with football fans for some reason.

-------------

Posted By: The U
Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 7:34pm
i would call roverstillidie 'obsessed' rather than bitter. rarely do i see a sligo topic in any thread without him 

Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 10:22pm

stantly calls them bitter for no reason and posts a lot about Sligo, kind of makes him seem the bitter one. It seems like he is bitter over something to do with Sligo. 

Its a thick, overused word anyway. It seems prevalent with football fans for some reason.

Hold on, are you seriously trying to credit me with inventing the phrase 'Bitter Red'?

You fukking dope. 

-------------

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 11:27pm

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

The fact that he constantly calls them bitter for no reason and posts a lot about Sligo, kind of makes him seem the bitter one. It seems like he is bitter over something to do with Sligo. 

Possibly bitter over the fact that Rovers aren't actually bitter about Shamrock?

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 15 May 2012 at 9:22am

stantly calls them bitter for no reason and posts a lot about Sligo, kind of makes him seem the bitter one. It seems like he is bitter over something to do with Sligo. 

Hold on, are you seriously trying to credit me with inventing the phrase 'Bitter Red'?

You fukking dope. 
Yellow card for personal abuse

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 19 May 2012 at 1:00am
Great result tonight for Sligo Rovers against Shelbourne at the showgrounds.2 classy finished goals from Danny North & a brilliant individual goal from Pascal Millien.He looks like a good signing.8 points ahead on the table right now.But another clean sheet is great to see & still unbeaten in the league.

Posted By: billybunter
Date Posted: 19 May 2012 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Great result tonight for Sligo Rovers against Shelbourne at the showgrounds.2 classy finished goals from Danny North & a brilliant individual goal from Pascal Millien.He looks like a good signing.8 points ahead on the table right now

pascal was over here with us last year (tampa bay rowdies) and is a very good player. lightning quick, his crossing is a bit erratic, but glad to see him do well at sligo. He's a super guy as well - does a lot of work for the street kids in haiti. 

Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 1:13pm
Word for a little while now is the Railway End will be going. The terrace will be cleared and 1,300 seats put behind the goal. SHould be ready for the Ireland u21 game. It will be like saying good-bye to an old friend I tell ya. Cry

Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 7:46pm
The team news for Sligo Rovers, taking on UCD at the UDC Bowl, KO 7.45pm this monday
Ross Gaynor is a doubt after missing Friday’s game with illness. Joseph Ndo is ruled out with a hamstring problem while Gavin Peers is suspended due to an accumulation of yellow cards.

Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 8:25pm

Word for a little while now is the Railway End will be going. The terrace will be cleared and 1,300 seats put behind the goal. SHould be ready for the Ireland u21 game. It will be like saying good-bye to an old friend I tell ya. Cry

At least you will be sitting down when your saying goodbyeLOL.Is there talk of a roof going over the seats or are they leaving it open?
I heard talk on some kind of stand for theChurch hill rd or carpark end

Date Posted: 21 May 2012 at 5:02pm

Cant see many of the Railwayenders sitting on it darman. Id say its more to do with hosting u21 internationals and European capacity. Its going to be uncovered for now but the plan is to roof it.

There is a plan for the Churchill Road end too. The club actually got a price and it was considered for the game against Poltava. The project that would really make the Showgrounds tho is the 2,000 seater stand on the Jinks Ave side. Its been designed for a nice stand with indoor football hall, offices, meeting rooms, gym, etc in the back of it (on the small pitch beside where the astro pitch is now).

Date Posted: 22 May 2012 at 12:56pm
Where the hell are you getting the money for all this?

-------------

Date Posted: 22 May 2012 at 3:32pm

Where the hell are you getting the money for all this?

I think that 2000 seater stand with gym, meeting hall, etc is a long term plan like in the next 3-5 years if not more.Most Football clubs would have long terms plans.

Date Posted: 22 May 2012 at 3:37pm
I bit disapointed to see Sligo Rovers unbeaten run come to an end at the hands of 1-0 to UCD in the UCD Bowl last night, Still it was a great run though.Luckly that none of our closest rivals really took advantage of it.

Date Posted: 22 May 2012 at 4:47pm

I think that 2000 seater stand with gym, meeting hall, etc is a long term plan like in the next 3-5 years if not more.Most Football clubs would have long terms plans.

Ok, let me rephrase. Where the hell are you getting the money for this in the long term?

-------------

Date Posted: 22 May 2012 at 6:06pm

Ok, let me rephrase. Where the hell are you getting the money for this in the long term?

Maybe the Council might build it for us Wink. How do you think most clubs pay for ground improvements - fundraising and grants. As darman said its a long term plan, no harm in having it in place to be ready if monies come available.

Date Posted: 22 May 2012 at 10:43pm

Maybe the Council might build it for us Wink. How do you think most clubs pay for ground improvements - fundraising and grants. As darman said its a long term plan, no harm in having it in place to be ready if monies come available.

What grants?

-------------

Date Posted: 29 May 2012 at 3:51pm
No cup run for Sligo Rovers this year after that 3-1 defeat to Monaghan.Had a great time the past 2 years tho.Its a big finanical loss to the club also.A bit worrying the 2 defeats in a row but hopefully Sligo can pick it up against  Bohemians at dalymount.Won't be an easy game

Date Posted: 30 May 2012 at 3:09pm

No cup run for Sligo Rovers this year after that 3-1 defeat to Monaghan.Had a great time the past 2 years tho.Its a big finanical loss to the club also.A bit worrying the 2 defeats in a row but hopefully Sligo can pick it up against  Bohemians at dalymount.Won't be an easy game

Not really darman.

Of course there will be a loss but the Cup isint the financial windfall people might think. The 'big' money only really comes when you get to the final. If youre lucky enough to win it, most of the money goes on travel, food, hotel, suits etc for 25 - 30 people plus player bonuses for winning it and a homecoming too. And with the FAI w**kers changing it so clubs now get a % of the gate as prize-money who knows what ye might get out of it. Other rounds all ya get is 40% of the gate anyway and with the crowds for cup games low at the moment you wont be rolling in it.

The only big money winners in the FAI cup are the FAI w**kers who get 20% of each gate for every game in the competition, for doing feck. All to help them pay for three quarters of a fish bowl in Lansdowne.

Posted By: TBWRA
Date Posted: 30 May 2012 at 5:57pm

Not really darman.

Of course there will be a loss but the Cup isint the financial windfall people might think. The 'big' money only really comes when you get to the final. If youre lucky enough to win it, most of the money goes on travel, food, hotel, suits etc for 25 - 30 people plus player bonuses for winning it and a homecoming too. And with the FAI w**kers changing it so clubs now get a % of the gate as prize-money who knows what ye might get out of it. Other rounds all ya get is 40% of the gate anyway and with the crowds for cup games low at the moment you wont be rolling in it.

The only big money winners in the FAI cup are the FAI w**kers who get 20% of each gate for every game in the competition, for doing feck. All to help them pay for three quarters of a fish bowl in Lansdowne.

Would that not work out better given the fantastic attendences since the cup has moved to Lansdowne ?

-------------
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"

Date Posted: 31 May 2012 at 12:07pm
I doubt it TBWRA. I cant see the FAI changing it so that the clubs actually get more money. In the short term, maybe, but I think the Aviva novelty and cheaper price tickets has incresed crowds for the last two finals but the novelty will run out and finals in the near future will have smaller crowds. So smaller prize money for clubs.

Date Posted: 31 May 2012 at 8:26pm
Team news for Sligo Rovers for the away game with Bohs
Rovers will be without Romauld Boco (international duty) and Alan Keane (suspended) for the trip to Dublin. Joseph Ndo and Iarfhlaith Davoren miss out because of injury.
Would anybody have any news on how much longer Joseph Ndo will be out injured?

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 5:23pm
Sligo Rovers have introduced a half-season ticket offer for supporters.The half-season ticket also guarantees purchase of tickets for the upcoming Europa League in The Showgrounds
For more info
http://www.sligorovers.com/latest-news-news-menu-inside-246/1564-half-season-ticket-offer" rel="nofollow - http://www.sligorovers.com/latest-news-news-menu-inside-246/1564-half-season-ticket-offer

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 5:30pm
Also the Sligo Rovers Europe league tickets are going on sale on the 13th june for the matches at the showgrounds in july.
http://www.sligorovers.com/latest-news-news-menu-inside-246/1569-europa-league-ticket-details" rel="nofollow - http://www.sligorovers.com/latest-news-news-menu-inside-246/1569-europa-league-ticket-details

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 1:13pm
Great to see The Showgrounds geting used during the mid season break. There has been a Monster Truck show, the u21 Ireland game, a fun fair and Kids football camps. Really helps to connect the club with the community in Sligo. Thumbs Up 

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 9:21am
Will the community be paying the players this week?

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 1:41pm

Will the community be paying the players this week?

Have a look on the always ultras forum they know everything about our finances. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 5:21pm

Have a look on the always ultras forum they know everything about our finances. Thumbs Up

Well of course, all your players are out of contract just before the transfer window. Phones at Tallaght haven't stopped ringing with the agents offering your players to us. 

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 7:13pm

Well of course, all your players are out of contract just before the transfer window. Phones at Tallaght haven't stopped ringing with the agents offering your players to us. 

Oh ya. The PFAI contracts are season long.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 7:21pm

Oh ya. The PFAI contracts are season long.

If you haven't paid them or owe them money, they are free agents. 

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 7:27pm

So what were not playing our players now. LOL This is geting so old at this stage. Shamrock Rovers fans saying were in financial trouble, not paying players, blah blah blah.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 7:53pm

So what were not playing our players now. LOL This is geting so old at this stage. Shamrock Rovers fans saying were in financial trouble, not paying players, blah blah blah.

You didn't this week, no. 

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 9:54pm

I know for a fact we did. Where is this coming from are you just pulling it out of your ass and being a WUM as usual.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 9:56pm

I know for a fact we did. Where is this coming from are you just pulling it out of your ass and being a WUM as usual.

FACT! That means you automatically lose the argument...

Its well known you were at least late with this weeks wages. Deny it all you want, but you have no credibility because you never acknowledge the problems at your club

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 10:05pm

So youve gone from not paying wages to late wages. Which is it. You really are a chore.

UEFA wont allow a club to compete in Europe if they owe a cent. So if were playing the Euro League soon you can breathe a sigh of relief.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 10:18pm
Last I heard unpaid. tut tut tut

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 10:23pm
You heard wrong. Its a great amusement with Rovers fans the interest that some Shams fans seem to take in our finances.

Posted By: HughMirin
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 10:39pm

You heard wrong. Its a great amusement with Rovers fans the interest that some Shams fans seem to take in our finances.

They probably just want to help you out if something is wrong, they are the kings of shafting the tax man.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 10:41pm
I'll ring my Sligo mole and get back to yis

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 11:00pm

We just want a level playing field...

-------------

Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Is this him? the bit o red gives him away

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 11:24pm

We just want a level playing field...

What are ya on about, sure Tallaght has a fine pitch.

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 7:21am
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Is this him? the bit o red gives him away

f**k that is him! Someone has blood on there hands and I want answers!

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 10:28am

For what its worth some Slig is on foot.ie stating Rovers will be taking at least two Sligo players in the window. Fits into the free transfer / owed money / rats off a sinking ship hypothisis.

I believe Davoran is one of them. The other one or two, anyones guess.

-------------

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 12:41pm

For what its worth some Slig is on foot.ie stating Rovers will be taking at least two Sligo players in the window. Fits into the free transfer / owed money / rats off a sinking ship hypothisis.

Why would Rovers take their own players?

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 12:59pm

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 5:45pm

Seriously, what is your agenda? I send you PMs answering your bull and you come on here then with that sh*te. And you dont even have the decency to answer one little question I ask ya in a PM.

Youre noting but a cu.nt of the highest order.

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 12:28pm

Seriously, what is your agenda? I send you PMs answering your bull and you come on here then with that sh*te. And you dont even have the decency to answer one little question I ask ya in a PM.

Youre noting but a cu.nt of the highest order.

I gave up posting on here because of idiots like him until the Euro's drove me back.The man is a clown who has been found out time and again but persists with his sh*te. I can't understand what his agenda with Sligo Rovers is.

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: 1899
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 5:55pm
With respect to Sligo fans and even RTID,these rumours have been doing the rounds for a few weeks now.I myself heard them from a very good source(anyone on here who knows me personally knows who my source usually is), but kept my mouth shut until I heard something more concreteThat said I still havn't seen or heard anything else from an official source but the rumours have been taken to a new level by Sligos own fans on other sites.

I suppose nobody will know for sure until the window-Will be interesting to see if these rumours prove true!

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 1:45am
Originally posted by 1899 1899 wrote:

With respect to Sligo fans and even RTID,these rumours have been doing the rounds for a few weeks now.I myself heard them from a very good source(anyone on here who knows me personally knows who my source usually is), but kept my mouth shut until I heard something more concreteThat said I still havn't seen or heard anything else from an official source but the rumours have been taken to a new level by Sligos own fans on other sites.

I suppose nobody will know for sure until the window-Will be interesting to see if these rumours prove true!

There is absolutely no way the Sligs on here haven't heard the rumours too. Its a bit incredulous that I am accused of all sorts for a story that is everywhere.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 3:01pm

There is absolutely no way the Sligs on here haven't heard the rumours too. Its a bit incredulous that I am accused of all sorts for a story that is everywhere.

My point has nothing to do with the transfer rumours and you damn well know it.

You were pushing your anti Sligo Rovers bull agenda again (not paying wages, monies owed, etc, crap). I sent ya two PM's telling you how it couldnt be true and asked you a very simple question.

You just ignored my points and came back on to the public forum here continuing your bullsh*t rant. The fact you even ignored a post where someone calls you a cu.nt, proves you know nothing and are infact a cu.nt.

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 3:12pm
On the Davoren rumour to Shams. Its his fourth season I think with us. And this by far his poorest and in-effective. To put in to perspective - Id take a chance on Powell back to us if they wanted to swap.

Posted By: HughMirin
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 4:07pm

You just ignored my points and came back on to the public forum here continuing your bullsh*t rant. The fact you even ignored a post where someone calls you a cu.nt, proves you know nothing and are infact a cu.nt.

This was established a long time ago. 

Posted By: trainee
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 11:07pm
Heard a Rumor the Sligo manager wants to get rid of about 5-6 players in transfer window, as he wants to free up funds to bring in 4-5 UK based players

Can any Sligo fans confirm?

Date Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by trainee trainee wrote:

Heard a Rumor the Sligo manager wants to get rid of about 5-6 players in transfer window, as he wants to free up funds to bring in 4-5 UK based players

Can any Sligo fans confirm?

Put it this way trainee, he wants to put his stamp on this team/ squad. And publically said that some players think they have a right to play for the club and that they are wrong. I have to say he is very professional and not afraid to step on a few toes by the sounds of him. His preference is not to get in foregin players but more so to get in Irish based players that might have been released by foregin clubs and are looking for a new start. 3 such players were in a friendly game last week.

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 12:14pm
Great to see Sligo rovers back to winning ways with the 4-0 win over derry city in the ea cup. Great to see Ndo back playing too

Posted By: simon
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 8:34pm
Any Rovers supporters heading 2 Slovakia?

-------------
Slovakian living in Ireland.

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 9:54pm
mise

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 3:23pm
Sligo Rovers have announced the signings of Jeff Henderson and Seamus Conneely until the end of the season.

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 4:38pm
Did Conneely ever play centre back for ye tribal or was it always full back?

There is money left in the budget if Ian wants more players but he seems happier working with a smaller squad.

Posted By: UCDFAN
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 11:05am
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Sligo Rovers have announced the signings of Jeff Henderson and Seamus Conneely until the end of the season.

Great to see Conneely back in the League of Ireland, is Jeff Henderson's first name short for Jefferson?

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 1:41pm
Baraclough contract extended to end of next season.

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 1:59pm

Did Conneely ever play centre back for ye tribal or was it always full back?

He started off as a full back but moved into both centre back and the centre of midfield. When he played for the Irish U21's he played in both centre back and midfield.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 6:57pm

New stand coming along nicely.

1,300 seats all put in by volunteers in the last few days. Thumbs Up

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 7:00pm
Any plans for the other end Showgies?

Posted By: moose
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 7:04pm
How much did it cost Showgies? Looks well. Fair play. 

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 7:13pm
Expect RTID on here any minute to say they are going bust because they owe all  the volunteers three cups of tea and a mars bar each

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 7:19pm
That stand went up seriously fast. Well done to all involved Clap

-------------

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Expect RTID on here any minute to say they are going bust because they owe all  the volunteers three cups of tea and a mars bar each

LOL

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 7:33pm
Looks good.

This at the railway end?

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 8:03pm
Looks good alright. Like the Showgrounds myself although I missed our only victory there in years. Won't be back anytime soon either. Well do e on the seats

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 8:08pm
Looks quality lads!!

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 8:36pm
Ya its the Railway End tribal. THere is a long term plan to develop the other end Gerk to include a stand, bar, etc. There is also plans to replace the Jinks Ave stand too (I seen those drawings) it will have a 1,800 stand, meeting rooms, gym and Futsal Hall at the back of the stand. Both are long finger stuff at this stage and wont be done for a long while. The astro pitch is to be relayed to bring it up to a higher standard and that should happen soon.

Havent heard a definite figure yet moose but its been financed by Sponors, business people and monies that will come from Europe and europe ticket sales this year and next. Nearly 2,000 europe tickets sold already @ €25 each (expensive I know but thats the cost you pay and Rovers fans realise this). Tickets for the new stand cant go on sale until its fully finished, UEFA thingy I think.

Annual draw to take place tomorrow and it's on course to reach €45,000. I went door to door with them and at €10 a ticket you'd think it would be a hard sell, but quite the opposite.

Im always proud to be a Sligo Rovers fan but even more so at the moment.

Posted By: moose
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 8:56pm

Ya its the Railway End tribal. THere is a long term plan to develop the other end Gerk to include a stand, bar, etc. There is also plans to replace the Jinks Ave stand too (I seen those drawings) it will have a 1,800 stand, meeting rooms, gym and Futsal Hall at the back of the stand. Both are long finger stuff at this stage and wont be done for a long while. The astro pitch is to be relayed to bring it up to a higher standard and that should happen soon.

Havent heard a definite figure yet moose but its been financed by Sponors, business people and monies that will come from Europe and europe ticket sales this year and next. Nearly 2,000 europe tickets sold already @ €25 each (expensive I know but thats the cost you pay and Rovers fans realise this). Tickets for the new stand cant go on sale until its fully finished, UEFA thingy I think.

Annual draw to take place tomorrow and it's on course to reach €45,000. I went door to door with them and at €10 a ticket you'd think it would be a hard sell, but quite the opposite.

Im always proud to be a Sligo Rovers fan but even more so at the moment.

Sound good, fair play. 

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 12:36am
looks great, fair play

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 1:51am
Great stuff showgies

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 9:01am
looks very well. is it a permanent construction or scaffolding base like the inchicore end at richer? will it be roofed?

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 12:26pm
Ya permanent structure Tom. Foundations, blockwork, pre-cast slabs. Plan is to roof it but not just yet. Toilets to go at each end of it too.

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 9:22pm
Annual draw brought in €54,000 of clear profit. I dont think there is many clubs in the country that could bring that kind of cash over a few weeks. Well done to all concerned, a lot of leg work from a lot of people went in to make it a success.

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 1:31am
f**king quality Showgies, keep up the good work. Fantasti

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 11:52am

Posted By: B.O.B
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 2:02pm
If I was a Sligo fan I would have liked a modern terrace, similar to the ones they in Germany, to have been put in the centre of that stand. Would have made a lovely section for FR08, especially once it got roofed.

Sligo defiantly on the up. And from what I can see ye are doing it the right way. Nice to see a club outside Dublin at the top. Ye are doing extremely well for a club in a town of 20k people.

Posted By: daboi89
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 4:10am
Hon drogs

6 Clear

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 9:56pm
danny north signed a new contract

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 8:36pm
Looking forward to the big game tomorrow evening, got my ticket & sitting in the new stand.Hoping for a big result for the Bit'o'red

Posted By: daboi89
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 8:25am

Looking forward to the big game tomorrow evening, got my ticket & sitting in the new stand.Hoping for a big result for the Bit'o'red

Cant get up to Sligo tonight with work . Made the last couple of Europa Games, and Really fancy us to do well tonight.

Not on Tv this part of the world Either. Streaming Job!

Posted By: The Big Club
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 10:46am
Best of Luck Sligs and Pats tonight, do the league proud Clap

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 12:31pm

Great photo GTS Clap

Obviously photo shopped though....................since when did we ever have Blue Skies over Sligo Wink

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Posted By: farlz63
Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 12:40pm
good luck to sligo tonight

-------------
farlz63

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 1:16pm
These are the games RTE should be showing. Is it a full house tonight?

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net