Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 505506507508509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2023 at 10:11pm
Starting to look like a very poor transfer window for City

Gvardiol £80m and turns like a bus. May do better in center half but definitely isn’t a left back in the modern game. Has been roasted this week by Leon Bailey and Brennan Johnson.

Nunes and Kovacic, look like nothing players so far. Don’t add much. Stones and Rico Lewis chosen ahead of them tonight with Rodri out. 
4-0 would have been a fairer result there to Villa, very poor. 

No balance to that City team with Alvarez starting every game. I don’t see what Lewis brings to the table either, a good prospect but struggling to see exactly what he is
Sponsored Links

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Gvardiol £80m and turns like a bus. May do better in center half but definitely isn’t a left back in the modern game. Has been roasted this week by Leon Bailey and Brennan Johnson.

Nunes and Kovacic, look like nothing players so far. Don’t add much. Stones and Rico Lewis chosen ahead of them tonight with Rodri out. 

No balance to that City team with Alvarez starting every game. I don’t see what Lewis brings to the table either, a good prospect but struggling to see exactly what he is

I think gvardiol will come good but like you say not in that left side position….city are wide open down both flanks so both right/left sided defenders (who are center half’s)are getting tested by quick wingers and the defenders are getting little help from the city wingers ahead of them.

Starting two center half’s basically as two center midfielders was a mistake tonight,their passing is limited and there’s no creativity from them…throw Lewis(who did absolutely nothing tonight)and you’ve got a midfield that was just getting bosses.kovacic is ok and should of started as he can drive the team up the pitch and would of been more natural there than akanji.

The side has been crying out to play two up top for the last few games…haaland is isolated up there and Alvarez is lost as the 10 and should be up top with haaland.I actually play the two up top and foden in behind them and at least the forwards might get some supply.

We deserved nothing tonight and it also showed how small the squad is that city couldn’t fill the bench tonight.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 12:40am

Don't worry Baggio. You have these moments every year, you will be grand come May
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 3:50pm
City out to Evens now is a great bet, they'll get rolling when KDB comes back.

That said, I hate tying up a betting kitty for 6 months just to get evens
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Don't worry Baggio. You have these moments every year, you will be grand come May

City always finish strong. It's likely they will win every game after Christmas and win the league comfortably. 

A couple of poor results just gives the others a minute glimpse of delusional hope.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 5:31pm
If City are to win it again they have to go on a winning run starting now. Looking at the fixtures from now to the end of February that is possible if they get their act together. 
They can't keep getting away with dropping points though, there are 2 other teams in the title race this season not just one team to hunt down. 
Take into account the points dropped already and they still have to go to bogey grounds Anfield and White Hart Lane, maybe this is the year they don't get away with a poor run of results in November/December. 

Amazing the difference Rodri makes to that team. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 5:49pm
Liverpool going under the radar of most. Fancy them. All the talk is City and Arsenal
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 6:13pm
Not so long ago Irish Major was on the Liverpool thread mocking Liverpool and their fans saying a finish below 5th is on the cards.

Mocking the state of the squad and the rebuild. He also guaranteed they won't be finishing in the top 4 all of this after 3 games. A draw away to Chelsea and a home win against Bournemouth and then an away win against Newcastle with 10 men.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Not so long ago Irish Major was on the Liverpool thread mocking Liverpool and their fans saying a finish below 5th is on the cards.

Mocking the state of the squad and the rebuild. He also guaranteed they won't be finishing in the top 4 all of this after 3 games. A draw away to Chelsea and a home win against Bournemouth and then an away win against Newcastle with 10 men.

He used to be great for the horse racing tips, not so much the football ones by the looks of it 
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 8:11pm
City have more points than this time last year and they won it with ease. Business as usual, title wrapped up with games to spare.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2023 at 11:18pm
This run everyone is talking about that City will go on to win them the league is probably not going to arrive the way things are looking. 
Too many points thrown away, worryingly
most of which have come against teams who either aren’t very good, or are in poor form or ravaged by injuries.
There’s as much chance that they just continue their inconsistent form for the remainder of the season as there is that this massive long winning run happens.

Not the same squad or hunger this year 
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 7:56am
It used to be funny watching City mess up games like this but we all know it will mean nothing by May. Still better off points wise than last year at this point. Title will be wrapped up by April and likely another treble.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

It used to be funny watching City mess up games like this but we all know it will mean nothing by May. Still better off points wise than last year at this point. Title will be wrapped up by April and likely another treble.

Where are you getting this from?
It showed a graphic on MOTD last night its their lowest points tally after 17 games under Guardiola  
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 8:27am
Dropped points against Chelsea, an injury ravaged Spurs and an injury ravaged and totally out of form Palace, lost at Wolves, lost at Arsenal and drew with Liverpool. And totally played off the park at Villa.

Still the annual defeats in the return fixtures with Spurs and Liverpool to come.

This season isn’t like other ones at all 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 17 Dec 2023 at 8:28am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 10:06pm
Deserved win at Spurs 
It took 100 shots at that stadium before City finally broke their five year duck 
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 1:01am
Pep says he will sleep better tonight Angry
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 1:03pm
Kyle Walker Dead
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 9:08am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 505506507508509>
  Share Topic