Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 498499500501502 509>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2023 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

According to the City correspondent in The Athletic players likely to leave this summer are Laporte, Mahrez and Walker
Silva and Gundogan are still to be decided. 

That'll be a lot to replace in one summer, 5 first teamers

Laporte out, Gvardiol in
Mahrez out, Mebude promoted
Walker out, replaced by Akanji/Stones/Lewis
Gündogan out, Kovačić in
Keep Bernardo Silva

Gabriel Veiga could be an option to replace Mahrez.

Veiga is not a right winger.

Kyle Walker won’t be missed.
Sponsored Links

Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2023 at 11:51am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

According to the City correspondent in The Athletic players likely to leave this summer are Laporte, Mahrez and Walker

Laporte out, Gvardiol in
Gündogan out, Kovačić in
Keep Bernardo Silva

Veiga can play multiple positions. He's like Bernardo Silva. CM/AM/RW. Not a tradiotnal winger, but has a cannon of a right foot. It's perfect for cutting inside from the right into the half space.

Of course Walker will be missed. He's one of the best defenders in the world. His recovery pace has been vital over the years. He allowed City to play with a high line. He might not be as technical as TAA and Reece James, but he is hugely respected by every top LW in world football. Rico Lewis is a fine prospect though.

Edited by Banana_RepublicFC - 15 Jun 2023 at 11:54am
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2023 at 1:02pm

Is it Luke Mbete you're thinking of?
I'm not sure of Mebude

Mad in a way how Pep is evolving his team.
Who'd have thought he'd have ever played with 4 centre halves. 
He's usually relied on small nippy players, skillful fullbacks playing high and wide. 
Even his wide men on a front 3 now aren't pacey. 

No, Mebude. Mbete is a defender. Mebude scored 14 goals and assisted 15 this season.

Borges is even more prolific. He scored 29 goals and assisted 18. But he's more reliant on space in behind. Mebude will adapt better to senior football from what I've seen.

City will probably sell Borges for decent money like they did with Lavia, Edozie and Larrios.

I'd give Borges a chance, but Pep prefers intelligent wide men who can recycle possession. That's why Grealish and Foden play wide.

Pep realised that why they kept failing in The CL was due to their full-backs not being good enough in duels. Zinchenko and Cancelo are technical, but can be exploited defensively. Aké and Akanji are brilliant at duels and can defend large spaces. They were able to limit Saka and Vinícius Jr. impact on games. Walker is a really good 1 on 1 defender as well. That's why City won The CL this season.

Never heard of this Mebude fella. Borges seems to be the highest rated Academy player. 
Linked with Nottingham Forest for £11m i see
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2023 at 1:04pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Laporte out, Gvardiol in
Gündogan out, Kovačić in
Keep Bernardo Silva

Veiga can play multiple positions. He's like Bernardo Silva. CM/AM/RW. Not a tradiotnal winger, but has a cannon of a right foot. It's perfect for cutting inside from the right into the half space.

Of course Walker will be missed. He's one of the best defenders in the world. His recovery pace has been vital over the years. He allowed City to play with a high line. He might not be as technical as TAA and Reece James, but he is hugely respected by every top LW in world football. Rico Lewis is a fine prospect though.

Of course 

He's 32 though and won't keep his pace forever though, but if City were playing PSG or Real Madrid tomorrow i know who i'd like to see starting. Arguable the best right back in EPL history?

Funny though, he apparently wants a move abroad, as does Bernardo Silva. 
Almost every big club abroad is skint apart from PSG who mightn't be that appealing to most

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 15 Jun 2023 at 1:05pm
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2023 at 1:55pm
I find it strange that any player would want to leave this Man City team. They're comfortably the best team in the world at the minute and the only way is down for anyone leaving is down. Unless they're offered mad money elsewhere of course, but that doesn't seem to be the case for the like of Gundy and Silva
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2023 at 2:15pm
Silva has seemed keen on the idea of leaving for the past two summers, was pretty open about it but then when no acceptable bids came in he said he was happy to stay and work hard for the season. 
His issue is the climate in Manchester, seems to want a move to Spain but none of the clubs there can afford him or are interested in him
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2023 at 2:21pm

Is it Luke Mbete you're thinking of?
I'm not sure of Mebude

Mad in a way how Pep is evolving his team.
Who'd have thought he'd have ever played with 4 centre halves. 
He's usually relied on small nippy players, skillful fullbacks playing high and wide. 
Even his wide men on a front 3 now aren't pacey. 

No, Mebude. Mbete is a defender. Mebude scored 14 goals and assisted 15 this season.

Borges is even more prolific. He scored 29 goals and assisted 18. But he's more reliant on space in behind. Mebude will adapt better to senior football from what I've seen.

City will probably sell Borges for decent money like they did with Lavia, Edozie and Larrios.

I'd give Borges a chance, but Pep prefers intelligent wide men who can recycle possession. That's why Grealish and Foden play wide.

Pep realised that why they kept failing in The CL was due to their full-backs not being good enough in duels. Zinchenko and Cancelo are technical, but can be exploited defensively. Aké and Akanji are brilliant at duels and can defend large spaces. They were able to limit Saka and Vinícius Jr. impact on games. Walker is a really good 1 on 1 defender as well. That's why City won The CL this season.

Never heard of this Mebude fella. Borges seems to be the highest rated Academy player. 
Linked with Nottingham Forest for £11m i see

Mebude is the best Scottish prospect around, in my opinion.

A winger who likes to hold the width and get to the byline before cutting it back.

They signed him from Rangers a few years back. Ben Doak, signed by Liverpool from Celtic last summer, is another top prospect. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 2:48pm
The internet war between Man City and Man U fans over whose treble parade was bigger is peak modern football discourse.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 6:33pm
Uniteds was bigger
They’re a bigger club and have a lot more fans 
Who cares

In other news Gundogan is leaving and Walkers for Bayern Munich according to reports 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 10:39am
Being touted that City have now entered the market for Declan Rice. If Rice wants to go, that will be good for WHU's bargaining power.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 10:41am
Was reading the other day that he preferred a move to Arsenal

I hope Arsenal get him!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 10:46am

I hope Arsenal get him!

He'd be a major addition to City from a distribution point of view. He also is a strong holder that can burst from defence With Gundogan heading to Barca it doesn't surprise me. Apparently, he is not totally sold on Arsenal exclusively.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 10:47am

I hope Arsenal get him!

A Rodri and Rice pivot would be Pep's wet dream.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 10:55am
He hasn't shown anything to suggest he can replace Gundogan, in terms of creativity or goalscoring. 
If he's signed I'd imagine that that's the way Pep will go, playing him alongside Rodri.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 11:01am

He hasn't shown anything to suggest he can replace Gundogan, in terms of creativity or goalscoring. 

Thats not necessarily true, as its hard to compare the two creatively as Gundogan has some of Europes finest players around him. But with what Rice has to work with, there is a very creative player that, that would manifest itself even further at a club like City.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 11:03am

If he's signed I'd imagine that that's the way Pep will go, playing him alongside Rodri.

Haaland

Grealish------Foden-----KDB------Bernardo

Rodri--------Rice

Gvardiol---------R.Dias--------Akanji

Ederson

I think it'll be one one of Gvardiol/Rice though. Not both. Stones stays in midfield if Rice isn't signed.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Thats not necessarily true, as its hard to compare the two creatively as Gundogan has some of Europes finest players around him. But with what Rice has to work with, there is a very creative player that, that would manifest itself even further at a club like City.

Nah, Rice isn't like that. He's a player who does the fundamentals right, but isn't a final 3rd player. He'd be similar to Rodri in terms of output at best i.e. chip in with 4-7 goals a season and provide the odd assist. 

Rice plays with quality players with England. He has 0 assist from 43 caps. It's not his job to be creative. He's a facilitator. Stop opposition attacks and help with buildup play in the 1st phase.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 11:15am

Nah, Rice isn't like that. He's a player who does the fundamentals right, but isn't a final 3rd player. He'd be similar to Rodri in terms of output at best i.e. chip in with 4-7 goals a season and provide the odd assist. 

Rice plays with quality players with England. He has 0 assist from 43 caps. It's not his job to be creative. He's a facilitator. Stop opposition attacks and help with buildup play in the 1st phase.

He is stunted a bit in the England team, and that overall approach is one of the reasons why England aren't going further in tournaments. Freeing him up to play a slightly higher position would revolutionise his contribution to the game. You see a freer player at WH, and even there it is stunted due to Moyes approach to games.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 498499500501502 509>
  Share Topic