Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 496497498499500 509>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2023 at 2:17pm
from Irish Examiner today
Champions League's biggest financial mismatch

This weekend’s Champions League final in Istanbul is the most uneven finale in the recent history of the competition.

On one side you have the richest football club in the world, accused of breaking financial rules by the Premier League, with a recorded revenue of €731m.

And their opponents, with a staggering differential of €423m less, is Inter Milan with commercial, match-day and broadcast earnings of €308.4m.

The most accurate measurement to assess the value of both clubs comes from the Deloitte Football Money League, which demonstrates the sheer difference in values.

Under Commercial Revenue, Manchester City’s income was €373m for 2022 against Inter Milan’s €87m, while in broadcast income, City earned €294m while Inter gained €177m.

Matchday earnings brought in €44m for Internationale against the Manchester side’s €64m.

In the area of transfer income and spending, another demonstration of power can be seen between both clubs.

For the last calendar year, City spent €176.4m on players while taking in €102.1m in sales, achieving a net transfer balance of -€74.3m.

With Inter Milan those numbers are almost reversed with €185.2m coming through transfer income, with an expenditure of €116m, resulting in a profit of €69.2m.

Values which aren’t included in the Deloitte report, like record transfer buys by both clubs, shows City leading the way again - €116m for Jack Grealish in 2021 against Inter’s €80m for Romelu Lukaku in 2019.

And finally, let’s look at club sponsorship – one of the key areas where Manchester City is being investigated by the Premier League.

City’s 10-year deal with Emirates is worth €464m, while Inter Milan have been without a headline commercial partner since April, after shirt sponsor DigitalBits failed to pay any of an agreed €25m sponsorship for the season.

Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2023 at 4:54pm
Poor journalism
Emirates don't sponsor City

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2023 at 4:56pm
Just finished the last episode of Ted Lasso where Man City pip AFC Richmond to the title.
That's another trophy being stripped from City when the PL catch up with them.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2023 at 2:35pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2023 at 11:37pm
Only manager to ever get 100 points in English top flight 

Only manager to ever win English domestic treble 

Five EPL trophies in six years 

Wins the big treble for second time only in English football

There’s never been a team in England like Peps Manchester City 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2023 at 11:44pm
[QUOTE=Roberto Baggio]Only manager to ever get 100 points in English top flight 

[/QUOTE

Fergies treble still on top 🔴⚫️
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2023 at 11:47pm
Chronologically maybe 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 10:05am
A glimpse for the future I think last night 
Phil Foden playing in the middle

Gundogan and Silva could both leave 
Wouldn’t surprise me if Mahrez went too 
Expect Laporte to go also 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Foden is further behind on his progress than I expected at this stage! Thought he would be City’s star man by now.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 1:32pm
He’d a disappointing season overall losing his starting place to Grealish 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 4:40pm
Peps rant at his players and fans in the after match interview against Spurs in January was the turning point in the season

A genius 
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 8:21pm
Gotta love the way Pep's success boils the piss of dinosaur "proper football men" Smile

Also, in my experience Pep haters are almost exclusively Man Utd or Chelsea fans.  Why is this?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 8:38pm
Was thinking earlier that Chelsea are a bit of an irrelevance
No one really cared when they won their 2 Champions Leagues

Everyone’s fuming that City have won the treble on the other hand

Great to see 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 11 Jun 2023 at 8:38pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 10:25pm
Honestly wasn’t that bothered with City winning the treble! I find most football fans on social media nauseating, United have some of the worst offenders.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 11:23pm

Only manager to ever get 100 points in English top flight 

Without doubt 💙
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 11:25pm

I’d say gundogan will stay…silva is a difficult one,he has been hinting to move the last few year but I’d expect a big fee for him.mahrez I think will stay…Laporte to go on loan with view to move.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2023 at 11:32pm

Was thinking earlier that Chelsea are a bit of an irrelevance
No one really cared when they won their 2 Champions Leagues

Everyone’s fuming that City have won the treble on the other hand

Great to see 

I know a few lads who are born and bred City and if this was only about the win then I’d be happy for them - they were there through all the bad times.
But the reason most people are fuming is fairly obvious. 
I’m annoyed but also think that in the end the truth will come out. 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2023 at 3:40am
The Freble Cool
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2023/jun/11/manchester-city-champions-league-ascent-is-a-total-victory-for-politics-in-football?

We were a mid table team whose ambitions were to avoid relegation and maybe have a cup run. Then along came a nation state, sportswashed us to the top. We all pretended the emperor had lovely clothes, there is nothing to see here. We are City. We are pawns and we pretend we don't care. But deep down we know it's all fake.
It would damage this forums' reputation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 496497498499500 509>
  Share Topic