Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 469470471472473 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 8:59pm
Yea but he was a bit part player really for his last 18 months 
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 9:17pm
Julian Alvarez looks a great find 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 12:55am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He’s what City have been lacking in recent years
A penalty box striker who can finish

Jesus and Sterling were never reliable in front of goal 

are you serious? he had close to a 1 in 2 ratio or better for about 5 years. 20/21 the only blip when it was 1 in 3.

Season
               Club            Apps (Subs)     Goals

2021/2022

Manchester City       60 (14)            26

2020/2021

Manchester City       31 (3)            10

2019/2020

Manchester City       33 (3)            20

2018/2019

Manchester City       34 (3)            17

2017/2018

Manchester City       33 (4)            18

Edited by colemanY2K - 01 Sep 2022 at 12:57am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 7:27am
I know who I’d rather have in a one on one with the keeper, or playing at no9 for that matter 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 01 Sep 2022 at 7:39am
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 11:02am
Baggio is right, I reckon about 80% of Sterling’s City goals came from tap ins at the back post.

Never really fancied Sterling when he was put through 1 on 1 with the keeper.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 01 Sep 2022 at 11:04am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 11:13am
I liked Sterling at City, he offered something no one else did, good pace and a threat in behind, knew how to arrive at the back post at the right time for a tap in.  
Technically he wasn't the best though and although his numbers were good every season he did miss a lot of chances. 
There were plenty of games that City dropped points in were Sterling or Jesus missed good chances. As i said, Haaland is what they lacked, a penalty box player who can finish. 

Early days but Alvarez's link up play looks better than Sterlings already, quick one touch passing and good control

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 11:49am
League will be over by the time the world cup break comes around.

Haaland is a freak. Some lump of a fella. 

City much better than last season and that's saying something. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 11:49am
Will Spurs get one over on them this season. Big game Saturday week!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 11:54am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

League will be over by the time the world cup break comes around.

Haaland is a freak. Some lump of a fella. 

City much better than last season and that's saying something. 

Bit early to be saying that yet IMO

If true you're right then its been a great transfer window considering they're in positive net spend
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 3:54pm

I know who I’d rather have in a one on one with the keeper, or playing at no9 for that matter 

That's not what you said. You said he wasn't reliable when the stats say otherwise.

Sterling is a smashing player who for whatever reason hasn't gotten the credit he deserves imo.

Edited by colemanY2K - 01 Sep 2022 at 3:56pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

That's not what you said. You said he wasn't reliable when the stats say otherwise.

Sterling is a smashing player who for whatever reason hasn't gotten the credit he deserves imo.

He wasn't reliable though otherwise he would have made a starting position his own and would still be at the club

For the chances City create he could easily have scored a lot more
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 4:14pm

He wasn't reliable though otherwise he would have made a starting position his own and would still be at the club

He also never really played well against United or Liverpool!

City were right to get rid of him.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 8:01pm

pep rotates his frontline more than any other area of pitch, so much so during that era aguero was probably the only mainstay in that area of the team and yet he still managed 90+ goals over 5 seasons along with 30+ league appearances each season suggests - imo - he was reliable.

we'll have to agree to disagree on this one i feel.
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 8:58pm
I think its a bit of both. Last season there was a few games last year around Christmas where he did really well but was rotated out. I really didn't think he'd last at city but improved massively since he joined.

I'd much rather Mahrez for his delivery, Foden for his control and Silva for his workrate. I don't think you can play him through the middle because he isn't clinical enough.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 9:05pm
City got a good 6/7 years out of him and it suited all parties for him to leave I thought
And they got the transfer fee back that they spent on him 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 11:39pm
Man City have completed the biggest summer sale in PL history, with transfer earnings of almost £200M. They have also had the most lucrative clear-out by a British club in a calendar year with £248M earned in 2022 and a net transfer profit of £125.9M.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 8:34pm
Niklas Sule is thicc.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2022 at 8:45pm
Vintage O'Shea nutmegging Figo/Hamann's barnstorming runs in CL final from Sule there!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 469470471472473 509>
  Share Topic