Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 445446447448449 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 11:43pm
I would definitely have guessed Lukaku was a couple of years younger than Kane
Surprised at that 
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 6:18am
Lukaku is a winner at club level, where Kane is not. You'd have to think Lukaku would enjoy going to a rival of United too with the way he was treated there.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 8:50am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Probably get Lukaku for £75m
I'd rather see him in a City shirt

No way is Pep signing someone who can control the ball further than he is able to kick it. 

His touch has improved drastically.

Yeah no way pep is going to sign him.

I like Lukaku and think he is a beast but he is not a pep type player as his control is awful.

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 9:40am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Lukaku is a winner at club level, where Kane is not. You'd have to think Lukaku would enjoy going to a rival of United too with the way he was treated there.
After Chelsea, Everton and United I doubt he wants to play football in England again.

Besides probably has a better chance of winning the CL with Inter than City.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure.

Inter finished bottom of the CL group in  2020/21, behind Shaktar Donetsk in 3rd, and Borussia M in 2nd. Shaktar got througfh one round of the Europa League (against Maccabi Tel Aviv) before being thumped home and away by Roma, whiile Borussia were beaten 2-0 home and away by City in the CL Round of 16.

And if Inter might be thought to have improved domestically by winning Serie A, that's more a reflection of Juve's having been dragged down to the level of the rest, than any surge for Inter.

Meanwhile despite their title win, Inter, like the rest of Italian football, are  pretty much skint. Which is why instead of reinforcing their team, they actually need to sell. Which in turn explains why their most valuable asset, Lukaku, is currently "in play".

Edited by Territorial - 22 Jun 2021 at 3:26pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Probably get Lukaku for £75m
I'd rather see him in a City shirt

No way is Pep signing someone who can control the ball further than he is able to kick it. 

His touch has improved drastically.

Yeah no way pep is going to sign him.

I like Lukaku and think he is a beast but he is not a pep type player
You're probably right about that.

Unless Pep feels he could usefully have him in his armoury for games where the broadsword might be more suitable than the rapier?

I mean, it's not as if City have to prioritise their spending carefully to conform to a limited budget, is it?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure.

Inter finished bottom of the CL group in  2020/21, behind Shaktar Donetsk in 3rd, and Borussia M in 2nd. Shaktar got througfh one round of the Europa League (against Maccabi Tel Aviv) before being thumped home and away by Roma, whiile Borussia were beaten 2-0 home and away by City in the CL Round of 16.

And if Inter might be thought to have improved domestically by winning Serie A, that's more a reflection of Juve's having been dragged down to the level of the rest, than any surge for Inter.

Meanwhile despite their title win, Inter, like the rest of Italian football, are  pretty much skint. Which is why instead of reinforcing their team, they actually need to sell. Which in turn explains why their most valuable asset, Lukaku, is currently "in play".

It was an obvious attempt to get a rise out of me ffs Terri, no need to write an essay to explain how they don't.  
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 1:47pm
Pep confirms that Bernardo Silva wants to leave and said the door is open as they don't want anyone who is unsatisfied. No bids yet though

2 or 3 others want to leave as well he said

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 06 Aug 2021 at 2:05pm
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 11:51pm

Pep confirms that Bernardo Silva wants to leave and said the door is open as they don't want anyone who is unsatisfied. No bids yet though

2 or 3 others want to leave as well he said

Disappointed to see him want to go....and kinda unsure why he wants to go.he plays plenty of games and has been in good form(not as good as the previous season).maybe he sees grealish taking his spot and isn’t up for the fight??
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 12:01am
There were rumours from good sources that he wanted to go once last season ended 
Doesn’t like living in Manchester and wants to go to Spain 

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 12:37am
Who in Spain will be able to afford him?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 1:33pm
Atletico have been linked but not sure how much is in it, or if they could afford him
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 11:47am
Think City need to get Kane this window. I know they won the league last year without a striker on the field for the majority of games, but with Chelsea and Man U significantly strengthened and Liverpool getting their injury list cleared up, its going to be a more competitive league this season.

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 11:47pm
can’t see it happening....grealish will be deployed as a false nine I’d say
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 3:27pm
Although City won the league easily last season, there were a few causes for concern towards the end of the season, and i don't just mean the CL Final. 

The two defeats to Chelsea (League and Cup) the loss to Leeds, the defeat at Brighton. Some will say they had an eye on the CL games and rotated the team, but this is supposedly a squad with unreal depth and a lot of those brought in looked lacklustre. 
It continued a bit in the Community Shield last week from what I saw of it, would remind me of the way Liverpool finished out their season the year before after winning the league. 

Of course if they get Kane it'll be a big game changer as they'll be able to play with a no9 for a change, but if they don't a striker in I don't think they'll have it all their own way this season
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 12:39pm
It seems Kane is staying at Tottenham then after a summer long chase by City. 

I hope they have a back-up plan, can't see them winning the league again, or the CL without a new striker in the squad. 

Fair dues to Chelsea, they seem to just target someone and go out and get them quietly without an ongoing circus as we've seen with Messi, Koulibaly, Sanchez and now Kane (and possibly Jorginho and Maguire)

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 25 Aug 2021 at 12:42pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 12:55pm
Confirmed by Kane himself now in a tweet, he's staying at Tottenham
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 1:40pm
There's a top heavy squad there now, laden with ball playing/creative midfielders and wide players and lacking a top class striker, left back and defensive midfielder. 

For all the talk of how good the squad is, there are now better ones in the PL. Chelsea's definitely. 
You could argue that United have an overall stronger squad than City. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 445446447448449 509>
  Share Topic