Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 426427428429430 509>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 4:43pm
Kyle Walker LOL
Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

When he first took over Barca they hadn't won a trophy in 2 years, which is a crisis for a club that size, so don't really agree

He couldn't turn it down - it gave him the opportunity to make his reputation.

Now that he has done so, going back with the club in the state it's in could see him break it again.

If nothing else, he wouldn't be inheriting a 21 y.o. Lionel Messi this time round.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Kyle Walker LOL

Gabriel Jesus still awful I see 
Future west ham player 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 7:35pm

Two almost identical fouls early in the game today, sterling stayed on his feet and no free given, mane goes to ground penalty 

Seems you have to go down these days to get it 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 11:32pm
Sterling didnt stay on his feet, he went down, eventually, with arms waving.

Mane defo pen and yes Gomez handball defo a pen, no question IMO.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 11:37pm
He stayed on his feet initially after the barge in the back from Jota
Ran on a few steps and went down when he’d lost possession (probably due to being fouled)

Agree on both penalties 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 08 Nov 2020 at 11:38pm
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 11:41pm
yeah sterling should of hit the deck earlier and I’d say the foul would of been given.two peons were definitely peons and the correct calls.walker always seems to f**k things up when his playing well...really silly foul from him.a far better result for Liverpool than city....Liverpool were there for the taking and city never really went for the jugular,slow play at times and lots of sideways passing when if city upped the tempo I don’t think Liverpool would of handled them.sterling had his usual sh*t game against the pool and KDB was poor aswell but city looked far more solid and the Dias/Laporte partnership looks a good one with both city full backs playing very well(other than walkers brain fart tackle)
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 11:47pm
Yeah a Walker f**k up was definitely on the cards, too much talk recently of the good form he’s been in, even heard one pundit saying he’s the best right back in the world at the minute LOL

Poor start to the season overall from City, one defeat and three draws, and have only beaten one team by more than a goal 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 08 Nov 2020 at 11:47pm
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 11:54pm
Yes City not as dynamic and stylish as before.

Pool will improve when all players fit, not sure if City will.

Far off the team they were two years ago.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 11:55pm
playing better in recent weeks though...league is gone so a top four finish and a good belt at the champions league is the order for this season.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

playing better in recent weeks though...league is gone so a top four finish and a good belt at the champions league is the order for this season.

I wouldn’t go that far just yet
Win the game in hand they’re only 2 behind Liverpool 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 6:56am

Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

I wouldn’t go that far just yet
Win the game in hand they’re only 2 behind Liverpool 

Yeah they are still in it and considering Aguero , Jesus and others have been out they have done well to stay close. 
With so many games in a shortened season this will be an unusual season - I don’t think any team will be getting 90+ points.

Teams not in Europe have a great chance of doing well. 

Wes_Wanderers View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 1:10pm
They still look nowhere near the level they were at a couple of seasons ago. I would not back them to pull away from the other contenders, it will be a very close season.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 12:48pm
Guardiola agrees two year contract extension Clap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 2:50pm
Pep Guardiola on #ManCity fans: "I never forget when I learned about when these fans were in Maine Road, in the second division, not fighting where we are now, and 35,000 follow the team. That shows how special a club is. It’s not just about winning titles..."
Clap
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 3:23pm
Surprised at this considering he has failed in Europe

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 9:36pm
I’ve seen that game tonight many’s a time the last few years
Start well, first spurs attack they score due to diabolical defending, city then dominate but can’t score

Two home games that look straight forward up next, need to get back the ability to score goals ASAP and go on a winning run now if they’re to challenge

Mahrez was brutal. Why does Pep yap about wanting to use 5 subs every week and then take until the 70th minute to even make one?
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 10:49pm

I’ve seen that game tonight many’s a time the last few years
Start well, first spurs attack they score due to diabolical defending, city then dominate but can’t score

Two home games that look straight forward up next, need to get back the ability to score goals ASAP and go on a winning run now if they’re to challenge

Mahrez was brutal. Why does Pep yap about wanting to use 5 subs every week and then take until the 70th minute to even make one?

I’d f**k marhez out of the club....he’s done nothing since he arrived and was at fault for the second goal.city could of been there till Christmas Day and not scored,Jose did a right number on us.its games like this that I question pep...no plan b at all,teams have us Sussedfrom last season and still he persists with same game plan.some of the players last night should be ashamed of there performances that and the slowness of city’s play cost the game.ive been saying it for last two seasons we need a mobile,box to box defensive midfielder and a tall physical striker that can hold up the play,get us up the pitch and bring others into play...but no,we spend more than some small countries on their military on center half’s and left fulls.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 426427428429430 509>
  Share Topic