Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 408409410411412 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Nathan Ake apparently close to signing for £35m

Not sure about this one. Also, surely if and when Bournemouth go down they could get him for less than that.

Sounds like what I mentioned a few weeks ago on here is true, that Ake and Koulibaly will be targeted this summer. Stones and Otamendi to leave hopefully

Why do 99% of your posts contain wording like this?

You never seem to be able to just make a point without backing up that you may have said something previous. 

For what it's worth Ake for £35m is dreadful business, another case of over inflated prices in the English market. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Not sure about this one. Also, surely if and when Bournemouth go down they could get him for less than that.

Sounds like what I mentioned a few weeks ago on here is true, that Ake and Koulibaly will be targeted this summer. Stones and Otamendi to leave hopefully

Better than the likes Alan Kernaghan and Richard Jobson in the years before the financial doping and sportswashing under the ownership of a murderous, dictatorial gulf state. But at least in those days here was some honesty and respectability to go along with it.

Michel Vonk unlucky not to get a mention

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Why do 99% of your posts contain wording like this?
You never seem to be able to just make a point without backing up that you may have said something previous. 
For what it's worth Ake for £35m is dreadful business, another case of over inflated prices in the English market. 

Christ, you've taken me up all wrong. In no way was I taking credit for some sort of inside information that Ake and Koulibaly were going to be signed. Simply remember saying I was listening to a podcast were a fella Sam Lee from the Athletic said he heard that one marquee centre back signing would be made and a younger more versatile option who could play in a few positions, he mentioned Koulibaly and Ake and said that Stones and Otamendi would be sold if they get those two.

The only other City fan on here Juicebomb disagreed that City needed both and said it would leave Garcia getting little game time.

I agree, Ake won't improve City much.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 10:58pm

[QUOTE=Roberto Baggio] Nathan Ake apparently close to signing for £35m

Better than the likes Alan Kernaghan and Richard Jobson in the years before the financial doping and sportswashing under the ownership of a murderous, dictatorial gulf state. But at least in those days here was some honesty and respectability to go along with it.

Michel Vonk unlucky not to get a mention

[/QUOTE

True!

When I were a lad, in the 1990s, I remember a Man City magazine being widely available in Irish newsagents, even subsequent to their relegation in 1996. So there was obviously a support base there.

I'm guessing that's partly because of the Irish contingent from around that time of Quinn, Kernaghan and Phelan.

I thought quite fondly of City in those days.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 20 Jul 2020 at 11:02pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 11:06pm

Funnily enough I began to support City in the early 90s because of those three Irishmen in the team you mention

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 11:15pm

Funnily enough I began to support City in the early 90s because of those three Irishmen in the team you mention

Was the Quinner a popular player with the city supporters?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 11:31pm
Yes they loved him and his disco pants 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 11:37pm

Yes they loved him and his disco pants 

ClapCoolClap
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

He sure was DM....he endeared himself in city folklore with goals against UTD in a couple of games and mainly for the time he ran onto the pitch v Liverpool to tell lomas to stop playing keep ball and to attack as results hadn’t gone our way as the team had been informed.plus a penalty save and scoring in the same game meant he was fondly remembered by city fans.he was probably a better all round player by the time he got to Sunderland than he was at city but he did a good job for the club.

On ake....I don’t see the point in bringing him in for a few reasons.....I personally don’t think he’s good enough,he’s overpriced,he’ll stop the development of Garcia and I don’t think we need two center half’s to come in...but who am I to argue with the worlds best manager.😁

hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 11:48pm
Also Kinkladze was folk hero in the early Premier League era. In those days many of the lesser teams (as City were then considered) had a potentially match-winning flair player, as Coventry did with Ndlovu and Southampton did with Le Tissier, etc.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 20 Jul 2020 at 11:56pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 11:49pm
Ferran Torres also being heavily linked in the last week or so
20 year old winger from Valencia 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 11:51pm

Also Kinkladze was a folk hero in the early Premier League era too. In those days many of the lesser teams (as City were then considered) had a flair player Coventry with Ndlovu , Southampton with Le Tissier, etc.

Mustapha Hadji had a bit of flair about him at Coventry too
Who could forget Sasa Curcic as well, Bolton and Villa

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 11:54pm

Ferran Torres also being heavily linked in the last week or so
20 year old winger from Valencia 

He seems to be dragging his heels a bit.....probably using the city interest to get one of the Spanish big teams into the mix?

Just reading a article on ake that the player himself said he sees himself as a holding central midfielder,I know he’s played right full so city could be covering a few bases with him...still don’t think he’s good enough.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

He sure was DM....he endeared himself in city folklore with goals against UTD in a couple of games and mainly for the time he ran onto the pitch v Liverpool to tell lomas to stop playing keep ball and to attack as results hadn’t gone our way as the team had been informed.plus a penalty save and scoring in the same game meant he was fondly remembered by city fans.he was probably a better all round player by the time he got to Sunderland than he was at city but he did a good job for the club.

On ake....I don’t see the point in bringing him in for a few reasons.....I personally don’t think he’s good enough,he’s overpriced,he’ll stop the development of Garcia and I don’t think we need two center half’s to come in...but who am I to argue with the worlds best manager.😁

I'd imagine some of the Publicans in Manchester liked Quinny.too.

😂

As the man himself said  " I learned my trade at Arsenal became a footballer at Man city but Sunderland got under my skin I love Sunderland."

Edited by Double Maxim - 20 Jul 2020 at 11:59pm
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 12:32am

Also Kinkladze was a folk hero in the early Premier League era too. In those days many of the lesser teams (as City were then considered) had a flair player Coventry with Ndlovu , Southampton with Le Tissier, etc.

Mustapha Hadji had a bit of flair about him at Coventry too
Who could forget Sasa Curcic as well, Bolton and Villa

Aljosa Asanovic - Derby
Juninho at Meedleshbrow I guess

Villa weren't a lesser team but Dalian Atkinson was a phenomenal player at his best, had everything, should have got a load of England caps
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 6:48am
Paulo Wanchope at Derby and Paulo Di Canio at Wendesday probably fall into that category too.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 10:18am

Could see Ake back at Chelsea more than a move to City materialising. Also, I think Chelsea have first option on him.

Unless he's happy to move to City and be the back-up to Laporte, then I can't see him moving there as he won't be a starting CB.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 10:21am
I think Ake is a quality player and the price seems reasonable. Like he moved to Bournemouth for £20m three seasons ago and the regular playing time has really benefited him over that period. He's had to hold together a back line over the last few seasons that includes some of the weakest defenders in the league - the likes of Francis, Steve Cook, Adam Smith, Rico etc. These are all pretty average players and he has definitely made them look better. He's also a threat from set pieces and usually chips in with three or four goals a season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 408409410411412 509>
  Share Topic