Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 398399400401402 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 7:44am
Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 7:53pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 11:53am

City have a full squad to choose from tonight bar Sane, who's only just back in training recently but hasn't travelled.

Always hard to second guess a Guardiola team selection, I'll go for this team:

Ederson, Walker, Ferinandinho, Laporte, Mendy, Rodri, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Sterling, Aguero, Bernardo

Harsh on Mahrez who's been good this season.

Surprising to see City as favourites for tonight. I'd take a draw or even a narrow loss to keep the tie alive for the return leg

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

City have a full squad to choose from tonight bar Sane, who's only just back in training recently but hasn't travelled.

Always hard to second guess a Guardiola team selection, I'll go for this team:

Ederson, Walker, Ferinandinho, Laporte, Mendy, Rodri, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Sterling, Aguero, Bernardo

Harsh on Mahrez who's been good this season.

Surprising to see City as favourites for tonight. I'd take a draw or even a narrow loss to keep the tie alive for the return leg

Whatever about being favourites tonight, they're missing Hazard so I'd expect City to go through especially when they've the second leg at home.  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 12:53pm
Don't see the second leg at home being much advantage, considering the last two years City have gone out to Liverpool and Spurs with the second leg at the Etihad
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 1:51pm

Don't see the second leg at home being much advantage, considering the last two years City have gone out to Liverpool and Spurs with the second leg at the Etihad

It depends how they do tonight but ideally most managers and fans would prefer to play the away leg first imo. 

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 2:02pm

Got bashed in both legs against Liverpool, didnt matter who was home first or second.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Got bashed in both legs against Liverpool, didnt matter who was home first or second.

Correct.
And lost narrowly at Spurs and still went out in the second leg
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 6:49pm
Fernandinho, Aguero, Sterling aren’t starting from the team I predicted 
Otamendi, Jesus and Mahrez are

Is Pep over thinking things again like Spurs away last season?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 8:27pm
Confident City will get a draw tonight, what do you think ?

Did the draw in a double with Juve.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 10:00pm
Have to say I was surprised City's equaliser was allowed. 

Thought the push was very light but with both hands on his back, I'd have expected it to be disallowed all the same. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 10:02pm
Very enjoyable game that. 
Was heading the same way as recent frustrating games with missed chances by City, until a couple of goals their play deserved 

KDB, Fernandinho excellent, Sterling brilliant when he came on
Jesus probably man of the match for me though, bar a first half miss he had the perfect game almost. Defensively and his work rate were superb 

Usual howler by the defence gifting Real a goal but they were solid otherwise 

Two big blocks by Fernandinho when Real had City on the ropes midway through the second half 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Thought the push was very light but with both hands on his back, I'd have expected it to be disallowed all the same. 

Agree 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 10:26pm
Nothing wrong with the challenge for me.
Same as Mane’s a few weeks ago.

Goal all day.

Great result for City.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 10:28pm
It reminded me of one by Firmino on John Stones at Anfield in the centurion season when Liverpool won 4-3 which led to a goa

The experts said “you have to be stronger than that” after it
Similar here. Ramos goes down easily and is looking for it, but if it was against me I’d be calling for it 
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

City fully deserved their win but that goal was a huge moment and I reckon Ramos gets a touch on that without the hands on the back. I couldn't believe VAR didn't give it. Might put to bed some of the tin foil hat stuff though with Man City fans regarding VAR, particularly owing to the fact that it was in the Champions League and UEFA surely don't want them to win it before being potentially banned. 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 11:35pm
deserved win but couldn’t see it happening at one stage....Jesus was excellent but thought gungoden was motm for me.kdb played ok,he seemed a little lost in the role without the ball but on it he came alight.mendy was awful...playing short passes to players or lashing the ball into teammates and he was blessed with a few passes that came back of Madrid players to him,a left full is top of the list in the summer..again!other than that it was a great result and really could of been 3/4-1 to city.the shape the team took was a masterclass from pep and hopefully he can pull it of in the second leg.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Nothing wrong with the challenge for me.
Same as Mane’s a few weeks ago.

Goal all day.

Great result for City.
Yeah agreed. Haven't seen much of Real this season & don't mean to take away from City's result, which was a great one, but that Real side is a pale comparison to the Real teams of the past 10 years or more. Not that City care nor should they, was just surprised by it myself

Edited by Croftman - 27 Feb 2020 at 10:00am
Some people just deserve a slap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 398399400401402 509>
  Share Topic