Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 375376377378379 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Jesus putting in a good performance, might get that dream move to West Ham in January yet.

Not sure if you could read into that much
Jesus usually performs in front of Pope 
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 7:29am
City are the best side I have seen this season after last night's show .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 5:30pm
Watching a feature sky did earlier on the man City 5 Man U 1 match in 1989.

The referee was the late Neil Midgley. How could someone from Salford be allowed take charge of the Machester derby?
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 8:00pm
Some drop in performances from the team that won 5/6 domestic trophies and 198 pts over the last 2 seasons.

The league is gone now so they have to focus on the cups.
They need a deep run in the championship league to avoid a disappointing season. 

A lot of work to do in Jan and in the summer for pep.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 8:18pm
They’re gone 
Pep has a big job on his hands to revitalise that squad 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 8:33pm
City fans showing their class
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 9:51pm
there’ll be an extra empty seat at the etihad when they ban that scumbag 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 10:36pm
really worrying how far we've fallen from last season...wonder if some players have heard all pep has to say.either pep goes or a lot of players need to be cleared out.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 10:58pm
Far too early to be talking about getting rid of Pep

It’s time he gave Garcia and Foden an extended run in the team though 

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 11:21pm
no chance either will get a run under pep.garcia is 4/5th choice when everyone is fit same with foden...don't get me wrong,I'd love to see them get a run but can't see it at this stage.i wouldn't be surprised to see pep walk away...the work that needs to be done to the squad (left full,back up keeper,center half,maybe a defensive cover midfielder,a forward and maybe one more player)plus move on what's not wanted....would he really be bothered doing that when he can walk in anywhere????
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 11:24pm
Stones is injured now too so he can’t play Otamendi and Fernandinho in every game at the back. Has to give Garcia a go, there will be plenty of low key games to come where he can do it

Both Silvas are off form, it’s time for Foden

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 11:32pm
I hope Guardiola stays at City for a couple of more seasons but I'll be amazed if he's there after this season ends. They are regressing at a rate of knots as a team. They look absolutely nothing like a Guardiola team at this stage.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 11:57pm
Just back home from the game today, City poor overall, United with effective game plan, defend in numbers with quick counter attack. They  prob could have scored four, don’t see Liverpool losing it now.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 12:14am
I imagine that the intensity he has in training burns players out after a few seasons.  Great managers like Arrigo Sachi and Noel King had the same problem.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 12:24am
Still, at least City got a team photo in the changing rooms after winning at Burnley on Tuesday night 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:18am
at the rate city are going now the top 4 could be at risk...that will mean Garcia and Foden won't get runs..plush can't see pep upsetting senior pros(on massive money)by playing largely unproven young lads.whats more worrying for me is the way we're playing...teams overload the front post now knowing that's city's main area of attack via low balls across the goalmouth.and now city seem to be crossing high balls into the box to a tiny forward (Jesus/Sergio) far to often.going out and getting a forward that can head the ball justo throw on if city are chasing the game has to be an option. 

I also think there's a huge case of burn out with some of the players from the World Cup and international games.

Edited by JUICEBOMB - 08 Dec 2019 at 11:22am
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:46am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

at the rate city are going now the top 4 could be at risk...

Ah here, City will comfortable get top 4.
Depending on how the cup runs go they might end up 3 or 4th but there is no way they finish outside the top 4.

Spurs / Arsenal and Man U won’t finish ahead of City.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 1:52pm
City played well, one of those days where nothing went for them. Could have had 2 peno's too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 375376377378379 509>
  Share Topic