Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 372373374375376 509>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 3:02pm
They are still one of the better teams in Europe if their attack is flying. They are defensively woeful now though. They should be nowhere near 11/4 to win it out. They are comical odds. 

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

They are still one of the better teams in Europe if their attack is flying. They are defensively woeful now though. They should be nowhere near 11/4 to win it out. They are comical odds. 

Who should be favs then?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 3:22pm
There is great value elsewhere when you look at the odds of Liverpool, Bayern, Juve or Barcelona I think

I agree that last year was a great chance to win it, one that City might not get for many's a year again.
The Llorente handball was unlucky, could easily have been disallowed. The Sterling one was offside so no complaints

They're nowhere near the level of the last two years though this year. It will take Laporte and Sane to return to the squad and find form quickly

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 28 Nov 2019 at 3:23pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

A seriously over-rated squad.

11/4 favourites for the champions league, joke price. Similar to this stage every year, and they get nowhere near it.
They were very close last year. Should have knocked out Spurs. Llorente's goal was dodgy and Sterling was unlucky.

They'll either win it or go close again this year. I think the only teams who could trouble them are Juve, Bayern, Barca or Liverpool. 

Obv the Spurs game at the Etihad could easily have gone City's way - no-one seriously doubts that.

But to conclude from that that they were "very close" [to winning the trophy] doesn't really stand up.

1. They were hardly convincing in the Group stage i.e. although disposing easily enough of two very weak teams (Shaktar and Hoffenheim), they drew away and lost at home to the one decent one (Lyon);
2. They lost the away leg to Spurs;
3. Even had they overcome Spurs, beating first Ajax and then Liverpool was hardly a given.

On their day, they are well capable of winning any of those encounters. But thus far at least, they have never yet shown the necessary consistency in this competition to take them all the way.

They'll either win it or go close again this year. I think the only teams who could trouble them are Juve, Bayern, Barca or Liverpool. 
They have to be considered amongst the list of possible winners, if only for their manager and their domestic form in a v.tough league.

But to claim that only those four clubs could "trouble them" along the way is silly.

Or does your memory not stretch as far back as Tuesday, when a mediocre Shaktar gave them trouble enough in drawing 1-1 at the Etihad?

And I'll not ask you to back as far as the beginning of the month Wink:
https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2020/matches/round=2001140/match=2027076/index.html
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 3:26pm
Are you capable of summarising your responses into a couple of lines? Who reads that sh*t?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 3:37pm

Are you capable of summarising your responses into a couple of lines? Who reads that sh*t?

I'll do even better, I'll give it you in a haiku:

the first hard answer
leaves wee Franko in a fix
so resorts to abuse

That simple enough for ya? LOL
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 3:42pm

There is great value elsewhere when you look at the odds of Liverpool, Bayern, Juve or Barcelona I think
It'll look a great price when they win it, but it's very hard to call the winner at the moment 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 3:52pm
Bayern Munich will win it. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:31pm
Those f**king links you post in every single thread make reading it impossible from a phone. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:31pm
Why say in two lines what you can say in 42. Territorial's motto on here
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:38pm

Why say in two lines what you can say in 42. Territorial's motto on here
Why bother with evidence or reasoning when you can just make wild assertions?

In fact, when it comes to it, why bother with a debating forum at all, when there's The Sun, or better still The Star, to meet everyones reading age?

P.S. My Dad's bigger than yours, so there!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:41pm
Do you really have to post a link on every post?
Could you not have just said above there that City drew with Atalanta 1-1 last month?

I'm surprised you didn't have a Wikipedia link on the history of Atalanta included as well.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 28 Nov 2019 at 4:42pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Those f**king links you post in every single thread make reading it impossible from a phone. 

Get an iPad.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:46pm

Could you not have just said above there that City drew with Atalanta 1-1 last month?
I could, but it wouldn't have had the picture of Kyle Walker in nets at the top! LOL
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Bayern Munich will win it. 

Bayern nowhere near good enough yet to win it imo, even if they are a better side than last year.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

I could, but it wouldn't have had the picture of Kyle Walker in nets at the top! LOL

The last City keeper to keep a clean sheet
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:54pm

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Who should be favs then?

Well, Liverpool are clearly a better side than City at this point, yet they are twice the odds or more. It's hilarious, and once more Liverpool in outright bets are giving punters incredible value. A couple of months ago they were 20/1 for a PL and CL double. The PL is over, so it's about the CL now which is obviously a totally different kettle of fish.

If I was making odds on the CL right now, I'd have Liverpool favs at about 4/1 and there would be a glut of teams including City after them between 4/1 and 10/1. After that teams like Chelsea Ajax Spurs would be no shorter than 20/1 as they are all good sides. There are plenty of capable teams this season of going a long way imo.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 9:58pm
city's best chance of winning it was a few season ago v Real Madrid....remember we played an unfit yaya toured in the second leg of (I think) th semi final,it was ours for the taking that year and city ballsed it up ....as in in our DNA.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 372373374375376 509>
  Share Topic