Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 362363364365366 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 12:22pm
Wasn't Rhian Brewster the top scorer in that England Youth team that won the world cup?

I know he has had injury problems but he's back to full fitness a while now. Where is the national and international outrage and him never getting a run out from Klopp or being sent out on loan?
Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Wasn't Rhian Brewster the top scorer in that England Youth team that won the world cup?

I know he has had injury problems but he's back to full fitness a while now. Where is the national and international outrage and him never getting a run out from Klopp or being sent out on loan?

Brewster?

Did I miss the tweet from Klopp where he described him as "the most talented player I've ever seen"?
https://twitter.com/i/moments/1154829579925819392

My point was not that Pep isn't picking him - he's totally ruthless when it comes to getting results, on an ends-justifying-means basis and it's what he's being paid gazillions for. (Fair enough, imo)

Rather it was that persuading Foden to sign a SIX YEAR contract meant Foden has NONE of the bargaining power with City which eg Jadon Sancho demonstrated.

I'd be very interested to see exactly what Foden's agent got out of the deal, with Guardiola's consent, no doubt.

Foden's loyalty to his boyhood club is being cynically exploited and with every game he misses, it  becomes ever clearer that he's being taken for a complete mug by City/Pep/Agent. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 12:44pm

Too busy spending his millions.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Brewster?
Did I miss the tweet from Klopp where he described him as "the most talented player I've ever seen"?
My point was not that Pep isn't picking him - he's totally ruthless when it comes to getting results, on an ends-justifying-means basis and it's what he's being paid gazillions for. (Fair enough, imo)Rather it was that persuading Foden to sign a SIX YEAR contract meant Foden has NONE of the bargaining power with City which eg Jadon Sancho demonstrated.
I'd be very interested to see exactly what Foden's agent got out of the deal, with Guardiola's consent, no doubt.

Foden's loyalty to his boyhood club is being cynically exploited and with every game he misses, it  becomes ever clearer that he's being taken for a complete mug by City/Pep/Agent. 

Yes Rhian Brewster, the top scorer in that England underage world cup winning team

You've used Jadon Sancho countless times as a comparison to Foden, so i'm going to use another

There's national outrage at the minute about Foden, yet has Klopp even been questioned about why Brewster hasn't had a sniff of a first team run out?
It was simply a question

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 1:11pm

You've used Jadon Sancho countless times as a comparison to Foden, so i'm going to use another
Simply because he was a v.promising youngster at City, whom most people agreed was good enough to be getting regular games at a high level (since proven beyond doubt), but who declined to be exploited by Pep, and so forced a move.

There's national outrage at the minute about Foden, yet has Klopp even been questioned about why Brewster hasn't had a sniff of a first team run out?
There's a reason why (injuries aside) Brewster/England isn't a valid comparison - Harry Kane. Oh, and Raheem Sterling. And Marcus Rashford. Jadon Sancho. Tammy Abraham, he's another...

Fact is, England are coming down with strikers to fill the one/two/three positions up front, so Brewster is just anothet untried kid.

Whereas in midfield, Southgate is reduced to trying the likes of Ross Feckin' Barkley(!), or looking at the likes of Mason Mount, solely because he (MM) has already got 70 games under his belt for Vitesse, Derby and now Chelsea.

Or are you telling me that Mount is somehow a better prospect than Foden?

It was simply a question
No, in the absence of a valid answer, it was an exercise in deflection.

Or "whataboutery", as it's sometimes known. Wink
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 1:38pm

First I've heard of it, you must be hearing things
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 1:43pm
So using your logic and point made above, club managers in England should only be giving promising young players minutes on the field if the England senior team are short in quality in that position?
Have I got that right?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 2:05pm
Rodri has been brilliant in the last few games. Looks to already have bedded into the team and lots of improvement to come i'm sure

Bernardo Silva has been charged with misconduct for his tweet to Mendy
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 4:49pm

First I've heard of it, you must be hearing things

Precisely, he's not.

Yet he's now broken into the senior England squad and why?

Er, because he's been able to play senior club games, both Chelsea and on loan, while the (more talented) Foden has not.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 4:57pm

So using your logic and point made above, club managers in England should only be giving promising young players minutes on the field if the England senior team are short in quality in that position?
Have I got that right?

No, that is not my "logic" at all.

Rather it's that because England already have excellent, senior strikers, they have no need to fast-track other, high potential youngsters like Brewster or Greenwood. Hence there is little or no comment from England. Indeed, the youngster themselves have little or no cause to complain, since even with regular club games, they'd struggle to get near the England senior team.

But with far less talent in midfield, it is inevitable that they are going to bemoan the fact that the "most talented player [Guardiola] has ever seen" cannot be considered, because he's not getting club games, which itself follows from Guardiola not either picking him, or sending him out on loan (like eg Chelsea with Mount).

Which itself follows from PG's cynical willingness to exploit PF's loyalty for his (PG) own selfish ends, by keeping him near by, just in case he suffers 4 or 5 injuries or suspensions to the rest of his midfielders.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 5:21pm
So Rhian Brewster can’t complain about a lack of minutes or expect at least some game time because Marcus Rashford and Harry Kane exist?

Klopp shouldn’t be expected to play him because England have good strikers 

What a load of rubbish

Shock horror Guardiola wants to win matches instead of caring about England’s Euro 2020 campaign, just like every other manager managing at that level 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 02 Oct 2019 at 5:31pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 5:43pm
Also, it’s arguable that England have more options in Fodens position than up front 
 Lingard, Alli, Barkley, Mount, Madison, Loftus Cheek, Oxlade Chamberlain, Grealish
I’m sure I’ve missed a few more 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 02 Oct 2019 at 6:07pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 6:59pm

So Rhian Brewster can’t complain about a lack of minutes or expect at least some game time because Marcus Rashford and Harry Kane exist?

Klopp shouldn’t be expected to play him because England have good strikers 

What a load of rubbish

No, that wasn't what I was saying (or anything like it).

Which was that England fans are far less likely to kick up about Brewster (or Greenwood, for that matter) not developing to senior international status when they are already v.well stocked for strikers.

Whereas with being far less well off for midfielders, if Foden were getting more regular game time, either at MC or on loan, then he would be playing for England (see Mason Mount for evidence of same).

Worse still, he can't even do a Sancho and force a move, since City have him on a 6 year contract.

I mean, it's not hard to understand, and you don't seem thick, so I can only conclude you are being wilfully obtuse by misrepresenting what I'm saying.

Shock horror Guardiola wants to win matches instead of caring about England’s Euro 2020 campaign, just like every other manager managing at that level 
Nope, never denied that either.

My point was not that PG cares not for the England team's best interests (pretty obvious he doesn't/shouldn't).

Rather it's that he doesn't care for Foden's best interests.

For if Foden doesn't get the regular game time that a player needs at his age, he may never fulfil his full potential.

Which PG must know better than anyone, but still he keeps him close to hand on the bench, just in case something drastic happens to several midfielders all at once.

Which he then cynically disguises by the odd Carabao game, or CL dead rubber, or 15 mins in a PL game when City are already 3 goals ahead.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 12:02am
Apart from when he started at Old Trafford and at home to Spurs in the title winning run in in April 

Anyway, the Foden talk has been down to death on here
My final point is a prediction. When David Silva retires next summer I predict that City won’t buy a player to replace him as that’s when Foden’s time will arrive. You’ve already said on here several times that city will go out and buy a replacement for £50m
We shall see. 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 03 Oct 2019 at 12:05am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 11:36am

Also, it’s arguable that England have more options in Fodens position than up front 
 Lingard, Alli, Barkley, Mount, Madison, Loftus Cheek, Oxlade Chamberlain, Grealish
I’m sure I’ve missed a few more 

Yeah, like Scraping, Bottom and Barrel... LOL
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 3:37pm
Liverpool only 12 minutes away from winning their first premiership
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 3:40pm
And that’s a wrap folks LOL
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Liverpool only 12 minutes away from winning their first premiership

As usual, you're incorrect. The title was won well before this game. Probably the moment during the summer when Man City decided not to replace Kompany with a quality CB.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 362363364365366 509>
  Share Topic