Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 271272273274275 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Would be very silly for anyone to write off the likes of City/PSG after 1 match in what is in essence a 13 game competition.

Plenty of time for teams to gather momentum.

PSG just lack the competition week in week out in France to maintain standards at the highest level but it still wouldn't surprise to see them being there or thereabouts given the individual quality they have (Tuchel's job to get them playing as a team)

City will still win this group also.

Would agree about City, but anyone that thinks PSG are serious contenders are miles off. They will get crushed when it comes to the big games. They lack everything a top football team should have in them.

Are we not allowed an opinion?

I didn't say PSG are certs to win the competition or anything, but if they get out of the group there won't be many teams dying to play them either.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:59pm
City LOL or is it sh*tty

Edited by DUBLIN DOC - 20 Sep 2018 at 1:59pm
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 2:24pm

Thiago Silva is a class centre half.

Much better than Stones and Otamendi.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 2:55pm
He's a bit over rated I probably should have worded it, prone to a mistake or two.
Don't really rate Marquinhos.

Jason Denayer had a good game last night for Lyon.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

City LOL or is it sh*tty

Do you write this material yourself?
It's comical genius wherever you get it from.  
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

City LOL or is it sh*tty

Rim me coont features Thumbs Up
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:09pm
Oh and don’t forget to pop onto the tips thread just after 5.30 with your own brand of comic genius
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:21pm

City LOL or is it sh*tty

Rim me coont features Thumbs Up

Says the eejit coming onto an internet forum to “boast” about strangers fisting his wife on holidays 
LOL
What a w**ker 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:31pm

Would be very silly for anyone to write off the likes of City/PSG after 1 match in what is in essence a 13 game competition.

Plenty of time for teams to gather momentum.

PSG just lack the competition week in week out in France to maintain standards at the highest level but it still wouldn't surprise to see them being there or thereabouts given the individual quality they have (Tuchel's job to get them playing as a team)

City will still win this group also.

Would agree about City, but anyone that thinks PSG are serious contenders are miles off. They will get crushed when it comes to the big games. They lack everything a top football team should have in them.

Are we not allowed an opinion?

I didn't say PSG are certs to win the competition or anything, but if they get out of the group there won't be many teams dying to play them either.

Of course you are entitled to an opinion. Just as imI entitled to say that opinion is sh*team LOL

Can't believe lads are falling into the PSG hole again, as if the game against Liverpool wasn't warning enough. They simply aren't a serious football team, they are like a fantasy football team or something. The lack of spine in that team when it's come to the crunch in the past year or 2 has been glaring. I don't see how much has been done to correct that. Actually , it's quite possible that their attitude as a team and certain individuals in that team is worse again this season.

Bernat woeful player.
Thiago Silva was a brilliant player, those days are well behind him imo
Rabiot is a terrible footballer at this level
Di Maria again years past his best
Draxler poison

There are plenty more. It's the whole setup that's an even bigger issue than the individuals though, as much as they are a definite problem. Tuchel is an absolute dead man walking there by the end of this season.

Btw can anyone explain how a club with that budget managed to lose the Ligue 1 title in 2016/17 in a 1 team league supposedly?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 6:46pm

Btw can anyone explain how a club with that budget managed to lose the Ligue 1 title in 2016/17 in a 1 team league supposedly?

The fact you had to ask this question proves you haven't a clue what you're talking about and just merely waffling on as per usual.

It's such a sh*t and obvious question it's not even worthy of an answer LOL

Edited by coyne - 20 Sep 2018 at 6:47pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

The fact you had to ask this question proves you haven't a clue what you're talking about and just merely waffling on as per usual.

Seems to be a pair of gobdaws on this thread , 1 of them I think I am his Tina Turner, he hangs on every word I say LOLLOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 7:17pm

I genuinely would love for you or anyone to point out any waffle I've said about PSG? Instead of just saying that's waffle, actually making an argument for the opposite.

So PSG in Ligue 1 with a budget so far beyond everyone else, making it a '1 team league' as regularly said, managed to not win their domestic league in 2016/17. They also managed to not win their domestic league in 2011/12. So twice in 7 seasons they have failed to win the title with an incredible financial advantage over all of their domestic opposition.

In the CL in that time, you could call their failure to progress a totally abysmal failure, but that would be being kind. Despite that massive budget, despite smashing world records for a transfer fee, nobody has even noticed that they are in the CL besides the inevitable implosion in the knockout stages each March. 

That is just an overall synopsis of where that club is at. A total circus of a club. No idea what they are at in a football sense besides spending as much as possible and hoping when you throw enough sh*t at a wall, something will eventually stick. As things stand, they are going to have throw an awful amount of more muck before anything sticks in the CL,

That is the overall summation of PSG. When you delve into the breakdown of their team and squad itself in it's current state, there are so many glaring weaknesses. I'm amazed anyone considers them a top CL side.

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 7:35pm
You asked how did a team who were signing likes of James, Falcao, Mendy, Bernado Silva, Kondogbia, Moutinho, Lemar, the list keeps going. Backed by a Billionaire owner who was spending more than PSG at the time.

How that won the league.

That proves you aint a clue. Goodbye.

Edited by coyne - 20 Sep 2018 at 7:36pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 7:53pm

You asked how did a team who were signing likes of James, Falcao, Mendy, Bernado Silva, Kondogbia, Moutinho, Lemar, the list keeps going. Backed by a Billionaire owner who was spending more than PSG at the time.

How that won the league.

You mean the club who had a fire sale in the past 2/3 years when the owner pulled back on his heavy investment from the previous years? The one that sold half of the players above plus plenty more in the year before winning the title?

That side? Did they spend 200 million on the likes of Lemar at the time btw?

Hello
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 7:56pm

He's a bit over rated I probably should have worded it, prone to a mistake or two.
Don't really rate Marquinhos.

Jason Denayer had a good game last night for Lyon.

Underrated , if anything.. 
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:14pm

How that won the league.

You mean the club who had a fire sale in the past 2/3 years when the owner pulled back on his heavy investment from the previous years? The one that sold half of the players above plus plenty more in the year before winning the title?

That side? Did they spend 200 million on the likes of Lemar at the time btw?

Hello

None of this is relevant to how Monaco won in 16/17 as you asked but keep waffling on. Clap
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:32pm
Monaco also reached the last 4 of the Champions League that season.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:33pm

Seems to be a pair of gobdaws on this thread , 1 of them I think I am his Tina Turner, he hangs on every word I say LOLLOL

I just hang onto your horse tips
They’re superb 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 20 Sep 2018 at 8:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 271272273274275 509>
  Share Topic