Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 270271272273274 509>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 11:25pm
City very poor and really only woke up when Sane came on & started terrorising Rafael. They seemed to be expecting a stroll in the first half, wasn't unlike the 1st leg V Liverpool last year where they were bullied off the ball, don't think I've seen them give away possession as much since. 

Credit to Lyon though, thought Cornet, Chiekh & NDomoble (none of whom I'd heard of beforehand) were superb. I see they are all 21 years old, its a pity that the way football is gone that those 3 & Fekir will likely depart in the coming seasons for big money without Lyon ever getting much trophy wise out of them. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:44am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

City very poor and really only woke up when Sane came on & started terrorising Rafael. They seemed to be expecting a stroll in the first half, wasn't unlike the 1st leg V Liverpool last year where they were bullied off the ball, don't think I've seen them give away possession as much since. 

Credit to Lyon though, thought Cornet, Chiekh & NDomoble (none of whom I'd heard of beforehand) were superb. I see they are all 21 years old, its a pity that the way football is gone that those 3 & Fekir will likely depart in the coming seasons for big money without Lyon ever getting much trophy wise out of them. 

Agree with the sentiment about how football has gone with quality younger sides being torn apart. Monaco from a couple of seasons ago another perfect example of this. It was always that way to some extent, it's just a case of the haves and the have nots, the gap between them financially is more pronounced than ever now. Oh for the days when there was a foreigner rule. I'd actually love to see it come back for a few years.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:50am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Would be very silly for anyone to write off the likes of City/PSG after 1 match in what is in essence a 13 game competition.

Plenty of time for teams to gather momentum.

PSG just lack the competition week in week out in France to maintain standards at the highest level but it still wouldn't surprise to see them being there or thereabouts given the individual quality they have (Tuchel's job to get them playing as a team)

City will still win this group also.

Would agree about City, but anyone that thinks PSG are serious contenders are miles off. They will get crushed when it comes to the big games. They lack everything a top football team should have in them.

Except from having probably the best front 3 in the world?
The irony is their biggest strength is also their biggest weakness, Mbappe and Neymar are the best in the world but they're not very good backtrackers which you need in todays era if you go 3 upfront - The amount of times you had Milner murdering Neymar and Sane leaving him chasing shadows I was surprised he wasn't crying for real, he got slaughtered on that flank.

There's no doubting they have quality attackers, and also those guys have to work harder without the ball. The ethos simply isn't there though and it runs through the whole PSG side and the club in general. There's clearly a thought process there of ' buy Neymar and Mbappe. This makes us Champions League winners.' 

Also those attakers and their workrate are not the only issues, there are massive weaknesses all over that side when judged against top European club teams. That midfield is miles off, unless Veratti is having one of those nights where he is totally dominant. Di Maria, Draxler and plenty of others there should be nowhere near a top European side at this stage. I'm amazed anyone thinks they are genuine contenders given how many obvious issues there are at the club.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 20 Sep 2018 at 1:52am
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 4:41am

Would be very silly for anyone to write off the likes of City/PSG after 1 match in what is in essence a 13 game competition.

PSG just lack the competition week in week out in France to maintain standards at the highest level but it still wouldn't surprise to see them being there or thereabouts given the individual quality they have (Tuchel's job to get them playing as a team)

Would agree about City, but anyone that thinks PSG are serious contenders are miles off. They will get crushed when it comes to the big games. They lack everything a top football team should have in them.

The irony is their biggest strength is also their biggest weakness, Mbappe and Neymar are the best in the world but they're not very good backtrackers which you need in todays era if you go 3 upfront - The amount of times you had Milner murdering Neymar and Sane leaving him chasing shadows I was surprised he wasn't crying for real, he got slaughtered on that flank.

There's no doubting they have quality attackers, and also those guys have to work harder without the ball. The ethos simply isn't there though and it runs through the whole PSG side and the club in general. There's clearly a thought process there of ' buy Neymar and Mbappe. This makes us Champions League winners.' 

Very naive way of looking at PSG..

Ignorant to the fact they signed quality in other positions such as Kehrer and Bernat who are 21 and 25 respectively and they've promoted half a dozen youngsters who have gotten games in their domestic league in positions where they're more than filled such as upfront - Timothy Weah and Colin Dagba are the ones to watch (I suspect Eduardo would of been among the bunch until Celtic permanently signed him)

PSG have tied their own hands in regards who they can bring in as they've yet to release their accounts after the Neymar signing, never mind the following year's accounts when they've paid a whole salary for Neymar and then signed Mbappe permanently, the consequence of that is they can be found guilty of lacking depth in the squad, hence the odd signings such as Choupo-Monting, but their best XI at their peak is as good as anyone elses.

Edited by coyne - 20 Sep 2018 at 4:48am
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:24am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

To say Liverpool and City are currently not among the top 6 teams in Europe at the minute is ridiculous. They're miles clear of anything else in the EPL at present may I also add

Yet they're both behind Chelsea in the league LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 6:19am

Very naive way of looking at PSG..

Ignorant to the fact they signed quality in other positions such as Kehrer and Bernat who are 21 and 25 respectively and they've promoted half a dozen youngsters who have gotten games in their domestic league in positions where they're more than filled such as upfront - Timothy Weah and Colin Dagba are the ones to watch (I suspect Eduardo would of been among the bunch until Celtic permanently signed him)

PSG have tied their own hands in regards who they can bring in as they've yet to release their accounts after the Neymar signing, never mind the following year's accounts when they've paid a whole salary for Neymar and then signed Mbappe permanently, the consequence of that is they can be found guilty of lacking depth in the squad, hence the odd signings such as Choupo-Monting, but their best XI at their peak is as good as anyone elses.

Nothing at all naive about my comments regarding PSG. You basically sum up their problems when you mention how they've tied their own hands with the signing of Neymar. It was a ridiculous signing, one that within a properly run club could have funded 4/5 top quality signings in badly needed positions. They are an abysmally ran club on the football side of things, there is simply no doubt at all about that. Don't forget that this is a club whose wealth absolutely dominates every other team in France since the Qatar money poured in. Yet in 7 seasons they have still managed to lose out on 2 titles, one to a Montpellier side I would guess on a playing budget of around 1 percent of the PSG side they finished ahead of.

Of the current side, it's good to see a couple of younger lads getting a look in. That's always a positive. How good any of them turn out to be remains to be seen. I've seen Weah a few times and he looks decent but very r aw  still. When comparing PSG to the very best clubs in Europe there are glaring weaknesses in their side. That midfield is awful, Veratti aside. Rabiot is a massively over rated player (the Eric Dier of French football). Thiago Silva is nowhere near the player he was, doesn't cut it at the highest level. Bernat is a woeful signing, they got sold a pup there. Di Maria and Draxler wouldn't get near a top level squad anymore. Choup Mouting. Jaysus.

They are a side not even close to the top 6/7 in the CL. Not even in the same universe. It's amazing that anyone thinks they are legitimate contenders for the CL this season. With those attacking players there's a chance they might get the odd decent result against top class opposition. Over 2 legs though, doubtful. Over 2 legs and in 2 or 3 different ties. Absolutely no chance. Tuchel is on a hiding to nothing there. 

Apologies for all the PSG talk in the City thread btw.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 20 Sep 2018 at 6:26am
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 7:29am

LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Ibaraki Ibaraki wrote:

To say Liverpool and City are currently not among the top 6 teams in Europe at the minute is ridiculous. They're miles clear of anything else in the EPL at present may I also add

Yet they're both behind Chelsea in the league LOL

What age are you?
City were behind Watford this time last week as well in the league.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:50am

Also those attakers and their workrate are not the only issues, there are massive weaknesses all over that side when judged against top European club teams. That midfield is miles off, unless Veratti is having one of those nights where he is totally dominant. Di Maria, Draxler and plenty of others there should be nowhere near a top European side at this stage. I'm amazed anyone thinks they are genuine contenders given how many obvious issues there are at the club.

Don't actually remember Di Maria touching the ball the other night.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:57am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

LOL

Hi Andy

Image result for andy tate

U N I T E D United are the team for me.

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 9:17am

I see they are all 21 years old, its a pity that the way football is gone that those 3 & Fekir will likely depart in the coming seasons for big money without Lyon ever getting much trophy wise out of them. 
Agree with the sentiment about how football has gone with quality younger sides being torn apart. Monaco from a couple of seasons ago another perfect example of this. It was always that way to some extent, it's just a case of the haves and the have nots, the gap between them financially is more pronounced than ever now. Oh for the days when there was a foreigner rule. I'd actually love to see it come back for a few years.[/QUOTE]
Yes we're not gonna see an Ajax or Porto or Red Star win the European Cup again anytime soon.

Players are lured away way too young, Ajax don't care, they have realistic ambitions every season which includes selling one player for at least €10m.

Maybe these days will return when the rich oligarchs (like City and PSG) realise that money cant buy the Champions League.

I don't think so as there is nothing UEFA can do with the rules as money talks.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:12pm
" They lack everything a top football team should have in them."

Two fine keepers in Buffon and Areola, two quality right backs in Meunier and Dani Alves, decent left backs in Kurzawa and Bernat, two excellent CB's in Silva and Marquinhos add in the promising talent of Kimpembe, A midfield of Verratti, Rabiot and Di Maria with cover from Diarra, Lo Celso and Draxler along with the best front 3 in Europe of Neymar, Cavani and Mbappe along with some talented youngsters including Weah and Nkunu.

Yea they certainly lack everything a top football team should have in them. LOL LOL

Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:18pm
There was an awful lot of empty seats there last night, even by citys standards. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:35pm

Two fine keepers in Buffon and Areola, two quality right backs in Meunier and Dani Alves, decent left backs in Kurzawa and Bernat, two excellent CB's in Silva and Marquinhos add in the promising talent of Kimpembe, A midfield of Verratti, Rabiot and Di Maria with cover from Diarra, Lo Celso and Draxler along with the best front 3 in Europe of Neymar, Cavani and Mbappe along with some talented youngsters including Weah and Nkunu.

Yea they certainly lack everything a top football team should have in them. LOL LOL

I don't rate their centre halves.

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:38pm

RB City were Dog POO last night a real shambles of a side .
Now never saw the game or read anything about it , just love to get my own back on what you have been saying about the Clarets Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:49pm

Really? I find that baffling.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:14pm
Thiago Silva is a class player. 
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Thiago Silva is a class player. 

+1, I think he's unreal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 270271272273274 509>
  Share Topic